Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Yesterday was the first snow of the year, and it was a big one! My daughter went out into the yard with a yardstick and measured thirteen inches, and that was only at noon–the snow kept going for hours after that! I’m not a fan of the snow, but I don’t mind it if I’m just staying indoors, and I’d rather have a BIG snow than a little one. (Might as well have enough for the kids to enjoy if we’re going to be bothered with it!)
Here on the blog, I’m planning to put together a list of 2016 reading/book blogging challenges. If you’re hosting one (or even just know of one), let me know in the comments and I’ll be sure to include it!
Anyway, here’s what you may have missed last week:
- The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson (Review)
- How to Keep Yourself Motivated and Organized for Reading Challenges
- Bookish Backdrops – Firewalker by Josephine Angelini
Next week on FYFA:
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (Review)
- Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries – In addition to putting together a list of 2016 challenges, I’m also planning to put together a calendar with fellow bloggers’ birthdays and blogoversaries so we can all send each other good cheer. I’m putting up an information gathering post next week!
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish. 🙂
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- November Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway
- Return Once More by Trisha Leigh (Review & Giveaway) – Last chance to win a $30 gift card and a swag pack!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Lots of blogs are giving away books as part of the #ShelfieHop!
- And don’t forget about the November New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Cynthia is celebrating Bingeing on Books’ first blogoversary by giving away any book she’s reviewed!
- Annette over at Annette’s Book Spot is celebrating her five year blogoversary and is giving away a copy of The Diviners by Libba Bray and The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau!
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight is participating in a tour where they’re giving away a Signed Hardcover of Fire Falling by Elise Kova and two E-Book Copies of any book in the series!
- Shannon’s also giving away a finished copy of Passenger by Alexandra Bracken.
- Lost in Literature is participating in a tour where you can enter to win one of 5 copies of November 9 by Colleen Hoover.
- Wendy over at The Midnight Garden is participating in a mini tour, and they’re giving away an ARC of The Imposter Queen by Sarah Fine.
- Paij over at My Love for Reading Keeps Growing is participating in the tour for The Soul Summoner, and they’re giving away a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Enter to win a mystery box from Clean Teen Publishing.
- YABibliophile is participating in the blog tour for Liz Weimer and they’re giving away a $25 Amazon Gift Card & 3 Annotated Copies of HELLO?
- Val at The Innocent Smiley has a fun game where she talks about the plots from books from her childhood. You can win a book of your choice!
- Harper is giving away almost ALL of its Winter 2016 books in the Harper Winter 2016 Tour!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!