Books By My Favorite Authors That I Still Haven’t Read
Honestly, there are TONS of books by Shusterman, that I haven’t read because he is such a prolific author (He has 35 books listed on his website!!). But these are just the books, I haven’t read yet that I actually own and I should have read by now. (Actually, now that I think about it, I should have added The Schwa Was Here to these as well.)
Books I have read by Shusterman:
- The Unwind Series – 4 books and a novella (My all-time favorite series!!)
- except UnBound, for some reason—it’s a collection of short stories in the Unwind world.
- Challenger Deep
- The Skinjacker Trilogy
Even though the Three Dark Crowns Series is an all-time favorite, I still haven’t read Blake’s older series. (I own Anna, though.)
Books I have read by Blake:
- The Three Dark Crowns Series – 3 books and 2 novellas so far – Of course, the series isn’t quite finished yet, but I’ve read the ones that have been published!
Once again, Pearson is the author of one of my all-time favorite series, but I haven’t gone back and read her earlier books (yet).
Books I have read by Pearson:
- The Remnant Chronicles – 3 books
- Dance of Thieves
This is where it starts to get crazy. I have two series where I’ve read all but the last book? Why do I do this to myself? I have no idea.
Books I have read by Kagawa:
- The Iron Fey Series – I’ve read 6 books and 3 novellas in this series, but not the final book. Sigh.
- Blood of Eden – I’ve read books 1 and 2, but not the final book in the trilogy! (And this series is a favorite of mine. Why do I do this?!?!?)
- The Talon Series – 5 books
- Shadow of the Fox
Once again, I read most of The Lunar Chronicles, but never got to that final book (actually, I haven’t read Fairest or Stars Above yet either, but I own both of those). I was waiting for Winter to come out in paperback because that’s the format I have the rest in, but then … I never got it. Sigh.
One of these days, I also want to pick up the graphic novels set in this universe as well.
And then there’s Renegades: For some reason, when this came out it was completely off my radar because I thought it was another graphic novel. It wasn’t until I started seeing stuff about Archnemesis that I realized, “Wait a minute, this is a whole new series!” Apparently I need to pay better attention!
Books I have read by Meyer:
- The Lunar Chronicles – Books 1, 2 & 3
Okay, this post’s taking me a little too long to write, so I’m just going to give you fancy graphics for the first five authors and a quick rundown of five more. 🙂
- Victoria Schwab – I utterly adored This Savage Song (it’s on my all-time favorites list), so why is this the only book I’ve read by her? I have no logical explanation.
- Brigid Kemmerer – I’ve actually read a lot of books by Kemmerer (10 if you include novellas) since I’ve been following her since her paranormal days. (Her Elemental Series is an all-time favorite paranormal for me.) But for some reason More Than We Can Tell has been waiting patiently for me since a few months before its release. 🙁
- Robin Hobb – She is an all-time favorite author of mine, for sure. In fact, I’ve read a whopping 17 books by Hobb, so why haven’t I read her last two? I have no idea.
- Oh, wait!! I actually do know the reason for this one! With so many review books to read, I just keep staring at the ginormous Fool’s Quest on my shelf and hesitating. At 757 pages, it’s not huge for epic fantasy, but I’ve had a harder time picking up big books lately.
- Richelle Mead – Another author where I’ve read a crazy number of her books (18!!), but I’ve failed at finishing her latest trilogy. I need to get to The Emerald Sea soon! (I also never finished the last book of the Dark Swan series, but my interest in that series was sort of petering, I have to admit. And I’d planned on reading the Age of X Trilogy, but it’s looking like it’s never going to be finished, so I’m not investing my time and energy into the first two books!)
- Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff, and Megan Spooner – I’m totally cheating by putting these authors together, but since both Kristoff and Spooner co-authored all-time favorite series with Kaufman, I decided they could all share a spot on the list. I LOVED The Illuminae Files and The Starbound Series, and I really enjoyed Kaufman’s MG debut, Ice Wolves. But for some reason, the only other Kristoff book I’ve read so far is Nevernight, and the only other Spooner book I’ve read is Hunted. I obviously need to fix that!
What well-loved authors do you need to read more? I want to know!