The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
It snowed this week, but now we’re back to beautiful weather!
- What I Read:
- I started reading Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas.
- I finished listening to Salty, Bitter, Sweet by Mayra Cuevas and started listening to You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson.
- I finished reading a friend’s manuscript for feedback and started reading another!
- TV We Watched:
- Supernatural. We finished watching season 9, and really enjoyed the ending. Got us over that slump. So then we started watching season 10.
- Blown Away. I finished watching both seasons of this show. I love watching them make glass!
- Back with the Ex. I watched this very ridiculous show. There were four couples who were trying to get back together, but two of the couples had such up and down relationships that you wonder why they would possibly want to get back together.
- Agility: We don’t have agility classes for two weeks because of spring break, so we bought some agility equipment we could use at home. We’ve had so much fun being able to practice for real, especially since we really only get to actually work on the equiment for 15 minutes or so per week at the class.
Part of our agility set-up (the green is the sewer cap at the back of our lot—the village is going to be doing something to it, and they spray painted it green).
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- List of Ten by Halli Gomez: Review & Gomez’s Top Ten Addictions – (Also check the giveaways listed at the bottom of this post for a giveaway of this fantastic book!)
- I’ve Been Stalking Your Goodreads. Let’s Discuss.
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- 3/21 – Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms‘ Birthday
- 3/22 – Emma @ Words And Peace‘s Birthday
- 3/23 – Girl Plus Books‘ Blogoversary
- 3/23 – Sophie Reads YA‘s Blogoversary
- 3/24 – The Bookish Libra‘s Blogoversary
- 3/27 – Alice @ Alchemy Bookshop‘s Birthday
I got LEO, Inventor Extraordinaire from Zonderkidz. This is loosely based on the life of Leonardo Da Vinci (so I had him hang out with Einstein in my pic.)
My agent at East/West Literary sent all of the authors at the agency a gift after our first monthly Zoom get-together. So sweet! The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse is utterly gorgeous!
Technically Not Mine:
My son’s teacher sent these books in the mail so they can read them after break, so they’re technically his. But, let’s face it, I’ll be reading them.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- I didn’t make note of anything this week. Sorry!
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week:
Pre-order EVA EVERGREEN AND THE CURSED WITCH by Julie Abe to receive a bookmark, an Eva and Ember vinyl sticker, and an art print! Pre-order from Books of Wonder or Once Upon a Time Bookstore will also receive a signed copy and the exclusive “Sometimes All You Need is a Pinch of Magic” art print shown in the pic. (Ends 8/2)
Pre-order COUNTING DOWN WITH YOU by Tashie Bhuiyan to receive 1 of 3 bookmarks featuring character art, a signed bookplate, a print, and a free download of the song “Spark” as featured in the book. Pre-orders from an indie bookstores will receive all three bookmarks. (INT)(Ends 5/3)
Pre-order FREDRIKA by Tanya Lisle to receive an e-book of Cloned Evil: Origins bonus novella, a signed bookplate, and a die-cut sticker. Plus you’ll be entered to win more! (INT)(Ends 6/4)
Pre-order BLADE OF SECRETS by Tricia Levenseller to receive a custom pendant necklace! (US/CAN only)(Ends 5/3)
Pre-order BLOODY SPADE by Brittany M. Willows to receive 2 character cards and a signed + personalized bookplate. If you’re preordering the paperback edition, you’re also eligible to claim a free copy of the ebook in the format of your choice (.MOBI, EPUB, or PDF)! (INT)(Ends 9/14)
Pre-order CURSE OF THE WOLF KING by Tessonja Odette to receive a postcard character print and a bookmark! (Ends 4/6)
Pre-order TWICE SHY by Sarah Hogle to receive 6 You Deserve Each Other art prints, a signed bookplate, and a Twice Shy print. (US only)(Ends 4/5)
Pre-order IN THE JADED GROVE by Anela Deen OR request it from your local library to receive a 5X7 art print, 2 bookish stickers, a double-sided bookmark, and a signed bookplate. (Ends 4/14)
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
- @alechiawrites is giving away one of four books (ends 3/25)
- @edwardanddamon is giving away one of her most anticipated March releases! (ends 3/26)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the March 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the February Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. You can also enter to win ROSIE LOVES JACK.
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win LIST OF TEN by Halli Gomez, Alan Turing and the Power of Curiosity, GIRL WARRIORS, THERE GOES PATTI McGEE!: THE STORY OF THE FIRST WOMAN’S NATIONAL SKATEBOARD CHAMPION.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Chasing Rainbows Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to BookHounds YA for a chance to win The Electric Girl, EXPLORER ACADEMY Series 1 – 5, ROSIE LOVES JACK, and more! (Check their site’s sidebar.)
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review for a chance to win A Clever Springtime and Family Stories prize pack (5 books) and a Jane Austen-themed picnic basket of goodies.
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile
- Lots of blogs participating in the March 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including $250 TO SPEND AT B&N!
- Read It Forward does a monthly giveaway. This week you can enter to win their Favorite March Books!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
It’s fun to see you doing the agility training and that the weather is good for it!
Anne – Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
You got some interesting books. I like that you bought your own agility training equipment to keep doing it.
Your yard looks like a pro-shop. Hope the pups enjoyed it!
I have I Am Malala too but have yet to make time to read it. Nonfiction isn’t my go-to so I have to be in the mood and that hasn’t happened yet. Looks like you had a very productive week. I can’t wait to see what you think about the final season of Supernatural.
Sharrice @Reese’s Reviews
I don’t read much non-fiction either. I would definitely like to read this one at some point, though!
The agility sounds like a lot of fun! I wonder if I could get any of my dogs to do agility training. I am going to have to check out the glass blowing show that you mentioned. I love watching that kind of thing. Have a great week!
I watched Blown Away too! I like that the episodes are short. I can watch them in between doing other stuff. Also, everyone on that show is super talented. I can’t believe they create such beautiful stuff in a few hours.
Sitting here laughing because – yet again – I only just realized it was my blogoversary because I saw it listed here. LOL Thank goodness for you, Nicole, or I’d never remember! 🙂
Oh, funny! Glad I could help! 🙂
I had fun with my Aussie doing Agility. Nice set up in the back yard. Ya, classes don’t give you much equipment time. Have a fun Spring Break!
Isn’t it funny how it can snow in spring and then the next day be beautiful? And your agility set up looks great! I bet your doggo is loving that. 🙂
Hope you have a great week Nicole!
So cool that you can practice agility at home now! Yay for good weather! And I loved BLOWN AWAY. Both seasons were excellent.
Yes, we’ve been doing it every day since we got it, and we’ve been having so much fun! It’s supposed to rain a lot tonight, so it might be too wet tomorrow. We shall see.
How sweet of your agency! I’ve heard good things about the book. I have and need to read You Should See Me In a Crown. I liked The Poet X but the mom made me SO MAD. hah I liked With the Fire on High a lot more, and I have her newest to read ASAP.
Glad to hear you’re getting nicer weather after having some snow. I’m not sure what agility training is but it looks like you had the perfect outdoor weather in that picture. Happy reading, Nicole! 🙂
Dog agility is fun training with your pup where you do jumps, go through tunnels, over teeter totters, and lots more! We’ve loved being able to do it at home since we usually only get to do it once a week at our class.
Yay for being able to setup an agility course by your house, I bet Digit was so happy to play on it for more then the 15 minutes in your class! And yay for sunshine out by you guys, it seems like my family in Chicago has been covered by clouds the last few months.
There is a rumour we are getting snow this weekend, I hope not because it’s been lovely!
Thanks for mentioning my birthday!