My Goings-On in February:
Here are the things that stand out to me this month:
- Visit to Iowa State University. We visited Iowa State University and actually made a pretty huge realization while we were there. They have a Landscape Design program that’s heavier on horticulture and lighter on design than the actual Landscape Architecture. It’s an intriguing option that we didn’t really realize existed before, and I think Danielle likes the idea. But there are a lot of factors to consider. At the very least, this helped us realize that she definitely wants a program that’s heavy on horticulture, which helps us narrow her choices down a lot.
- Reading Manuscripts. I critiqued two verse novels from fellow authors this month (and got one more that I’m about to dive into). I really love the process of giving and receiving feedback!
- Randomness: We continued with dog agility with Digit and I’m still volunteering at Bernie’s Book Bank. My daughter’s had some indoor track meets, so that’s been fun. Other than that … time just … went? I don’t really know what happened.
Features & Discussions:
FEED YOUR FICTION ADDICTION IS 9! BLOGOVERSARY GIVEAWAY – Last chance to enter my blogoversary giveaway!
FEBRUARY 2022 DISCUSSION CHALLENGE LINK-UP & GIVEAWAY
JANUARY 2022 MONTHLY WRAP-UP & BEST OF THE BUNCH
DO YOU “SEE” A BOOK AS YOU READ? LET’S DISCUSS!
FEBRUARY 2022 MONTHLY WRAP-UP ROUND-UP LINK-UP & GIVEAWAY
My 2022 Reading Progress:
I read 17 books in February, bringing my total for the year to 27.
I’ve also read 11 picture books and 2 manuscripts for fellow authors! (I don’t include either of those in my main Goodreads count.)
February 2022 Reviews
- Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston | Review
- Moving Forward: From Space-Age Rides to Civil Rights Sit-Ins with Airman Alton Yates by Chris Barton, illustrated by Steffi Walthall | Review
- Parker Dresses Up by Jessica Curry & Parker Curry, illustrated by Tajae Keith & Brittany Jackson |Review
- Your Friend, Parker by Jessica Curry & Parker Curry, illustrated by Tajae Keith & Brittany Jackson | Review
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab | Review
- Instant Karma by Marissa Meyer | Review
- Inkling by Kenneth Oppel | Review
- Kingdom of Secrets by Christyne Morrell | Review
- Daughters of Jubilation by Kara Lee Corthron | Review
- Ain’t Burned All the Bright by Jason Reynolds, art by Jason Griffin| Review
February Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
I had to go with my adult read instead of a YA fave for February. I chose The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab.
My MG favorite was definitely Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston. I truly adored this book!!
2022 Goals Progress:
The Discussion Challenge is my one and only goal for 2022. (And I lowered it this year.)
Progress: 1/11-20 Discussions (Creative Conversationalist)
Don’t forget to link your February wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway!