The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Well, this happened …
Click on the picture to see the picture bigger and to read my post about MY DEBUT MG NOVEL!! And I apologize to those of you who have already seen this everywhere (AKA the blog, Twitter–twice, since it also auto-posted after my blog post went up–Instagram–once as a post and once as a story). I guess you could say I’m a little excited.
What I Read This Week:
- I’ve been reading Cantor’s Dilemma by Carl Djerassi along with my daughter, who’s reading it for school. Not gonna lie, it’s not a book I’d normally read, but it’s fine.
- I also started reading The Girl in White by Lindsay Currie, a spooky MG horror story!
- But then I had to switch gears to read One Girl in All the World by Kendare Blake because I need to read it for the tour.
What I Watched:
- I watched the final episode of The Circle. Pretty satisfied with how it ended, but now my guilty pleasure watching is over.
- I also finished season 3 of Emily in Paris. It feels like every season ends in some new version of a love triangle.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 1/24 – Christine @ Captivated Reading‘s Birthday
- 1/28 – The Frozen Library‘s Blogoversary
- 1/28 – Emily @ Emily The Book Nerd‘s Birthday
I finally took some pictures!
When B&N had their 50% off hardcovers sale, I bought THIS APPEARING HOUSE by Ally Malinenko, a signed copy of BLOODMARKED by Tracy Deonn, and THE NIGHT SHIP by Jess Kidd (which has pretty sprayed edges). And on Black Friday I bought a signed copy of the B&N exclusive edition of GLEANINGS because … Neal Shusterman.
And then I also bought a copy of THE LOST THINGS CLUB by J.S. Puller and got it signed because the author is in my SCBWI writing group.
I got a copy of WHERE WE COME FROM to review for Multicultural Children’s Book Day. Watch for my review of this one coming next week!
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s a list of the pre-order campaigns I added to the list this week:
Pre-order A WHOLE SONG AND DANCE by Sarvenaz Tash OR request it from your local library to receive a signed/personalize bookplate, and a bookmark! (Ends 4/3) CLICK FOR DETAILS
I’ve officially decided to take the giveaways section out of my Sunday Post. It’s just been too hard for me to keep up with along with the pre-order campaigns, and I feel like the pre-order section is more valuable, so I’m going to focus on that. Many of the giveaways I featured were links to sites that host them all the time, so feel free to check an older Sunday Post for links to those. I hope you’ve found out about some great giveaways here over the years!
Lots of good stuff! Have any news? Feel free to share in the comments!