Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Okay, my daughter’s big gymnastics meet is coming up next weekend, and the stress of getting everything done for hospitality, plus getting all of my papers graded for my homeschool co-op, plus working on editing projects is kind of drowning me at this moment. I hate that I get overwhelmed so easily and just start to shut down – I can feel it happening even as I’m typing this. Ugh! Plus, the cold weather has made my internet kind of wonky, which is so frustrating!
On a happier note, I didn’t fall TOO behind this week on the blog (though I still didn’t get that author event recap written – I’m just not even going to pretend I know when I’ll manage that – sigh.)
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- The Prophecy of Shadows by Michelle Madow – Michelle’s Top Five Addictions & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a Kindle Fire!
- Bite Sized Reviews – World After and End of Days by Susan Ee
- Pull by Anne Riley – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win an ARC of the book!
- Culling the TBR – Let’s Discuss
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye – Bookish Backdrop, Review Preview & Giveaway
- January Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Link up your January recaps here!
Next week on FYFA:
- A blogoversary giveaway!!
- January Wrap-Up
- February Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
A few birthdays and blogoversaries coming up next week. I hope you’ll stop on by these blogs and send the bloggers some cheer in honor of their special days!! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
- Jan 31st – My blogoversary!!! (And I had completely forgotten until I looked at the calendar last night to write this post. LOL! A celebration is in order – watch for a giveaway next week!)
- Jan 31st – Blaise @ The Book Boulevard‘s Birthday
- Feb 5th – A Bottomless Book Bag‘s Blogoversary
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
I love the beginning of the year because everyone makes resolutions to discuss more and that means tons of fantastic discussions linked up to our discussion challenge. There are so many great posts that I seriously want to link up to all of them. Here are just a few (so make sure you check out the rest!):
- Kate at Plethoric Thoughts talks about Characters’ Faces and Picturing Them In Your Mind.
- Cynthia over at Bingeing on Books explains why she doesn’t do reading challenges and Jen at The Book Avid talks about this too.
- Nikki at Lazy Book Lovers asks Reviews! Does size really matter?
- Paloma at Pages & Pineapples asks What shaped your reading interests?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Unhinge and Unravel by Calia Read – Last chance to enter to win a paperback copy of Unhinge!
- Year-End Wrap-Up Giveaway – Last chance to help me clear my shelves (US) or win a book of your choice (INT)
- January Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Link up your January discussions and enter to win a Pre-Order of a 2016 Release
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Head over to Owl Always Be Reading for a chance to win a Hardback copy of The Love That Split The World
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight is featuring The Forbidden wish on her blog. 5 winners will receive a hardcover of THE FORBIDDEN WISH and 2 additional Penguin Young Readers books of their choice.
- Kissin’ Blue Karen has a giveaway for a hardcover of REBEL OF THE SANDS by Alwyn Hamilton.
- Jessica over at A GREAT Read is celebrating her 7th blogoversary with a giveaway – enter to win $20 worth of books!
- Tonya at Lilybloombooks is celebrating her 3rd blogoversary and she’s giving away a Kindle Fire (US) and Two Books from TBD (INT)
- Help your favorite Indie bookstore gain the chance to win $3000 and you get a chance to win a $50 gift card in the process!
- Stuck in Books is celebrating their fifth blogoversary with LOTS of giveaways! There are way too many for me to list here (28 of them!!) at this point, so just check their sidebar – they’re all listed there!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I am getting overwhelmed just reading some of the things you have to do, so I can only imagine how you must feel. And wonky Internet is the worst since 99% of the things you have to do involve the Internet! I just got the ARC for Into the Dim too. It looks really interesting!
Happy Blogoversary Nicole! Many happy returns ♥ Oh and EEEEEP: Into the Dim! Oh I can’t wait to see what you’ll think of it 😀 Have a great week and happy reading my friend!
Ah, I hate being overwhelmed, too! I am the same way, I shut down. Hopefully, everything smooths out for you! ANd Happy Blogoversary! xoxo
Happy blog birthday to you! I continue to be amazed at all you do. I especially appreciate the way you offer helpful links and lists to keep us informed of what’s going on. Here’s to many more years of blogging fun!
Happy blogoversary early, Nicole! Have a great week and don’t let the busy-ness get the best of you.
I hope real life calms down for you a bit, Nicole. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now.
I’m looking forward to reading Into the Dim. I hope it’s good.
I can sympathise since my plans for the week went awry too. At least you managed this post. My Sunday update will have to wait
OOoh nice haul! I LOVED Into the Dim! It was so good! I hope you enjoy it too! Happy Blogoversary!! Can’t believe ours are so close date-wise! Can’t remember what year you started, I know I feel like I’ve been following you for ages! 😉
Thanks for the shoutout for my blogoversary contest! 😀
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
I love that you link to other interesting posts you found because now I have some more new blogs to check out. I’m so terrible about finding time to visit more blogs so this is an easy way for me to click on a few links and check them out 🙂
Happy Blogoversary!!! yay! I’m sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. I’d offer to help somehow, but I’m not sure what I could do from over the internet, but hey, let me know if you think of something! 🙂 At least the hospitality will soon be over and you have some help with that, right? That’s a plus!
I totally shut down when I have too much to do too! I have drag myself out of the pit and make lists of things to get done each and every day or I’m toast. I hope the gymnastics meet goes well, and with that being done, hopefully you’ll feel a huge weight’s been lifted off your shoulders! <3
I go into fast forward mode when I get overwhelmed. It’s weird how we all work differently. I have been in this reading slump all month and now it is starting to show in my upcoming posts. I’ve got to get over it! I hope things start evening out for you this week.
I am so the same way with getting overwhelmed and shutting down. I so hope everything goes well for the event!! Have a great week!!
Happy Blogoversary! And here’s hoping this coming weekend goes smoothly, keeping my fingers crossed for you!