Top Ten Tuesday (Top Ten Summer Reads) & Teaser Tuesday (Jack Templar, Monster Hunter)
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday
is the top ten books on my summer reading TBR list. Here goes!
(Meaning, everyone else has already read these!)
City of Bones
– With the movie coming out soon, I really want to read this one.
– I wasn’t sure if I was interested in this book or not at first. Cyborgs are not always my thing. But, it has gotten such rave reviews from so many people that I’ve decided to check it out after all.
Shadow and Bone
– Okay, I have to confess that I often judge a book by its cover and this cover just didn’t get me interested in the book. But, the rave reviews did, so I definitely want to read it soon.
– I’ve been wanting to read this book for awhile and I’m finally getting to it. I actually picked this book up from the library just the other day, so I’ll definitely be reading it soon!
(Not that I won’t review the others, but these are books that I specifically received in order to review them.)
– Ever since I read the first chapter of this book, I’ve been really looking forward to it. I jumped up and down at the chance to get my hands on a review copy!
Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy
– I’m actually going to be reviewing this book on my kids’ blog (Best Kids’ Reads
). I just finished the first book in the series and am now moving on to this one – so far the series seems perfect for middle grade fantasy. Right along the lines of Rick Riordan!
– I actually need to read both Ixeos
and Ixeos: Rebellion
this summer so that I can review the second one.
The Forgotten Ones
– The Irish folklore aspect of this book intrigues me. I can’t wait to read this one!
– I’ve been really looking forward to this one because it sounds Hunger Games-esque, but from what I’ve read it’s not an imitation.
– This book seems kind of dark and creepy – but in a good way!
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
~Grab your current read
~Open to a random page
~Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on the page
~BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! ( make sure that what you share doesn’t give away to much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
~Share the title & author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
– Then go on over to Should be Reading and share your teaser in her comments section!
My teaser today is from a book I’m reading for my other blog – Best Kids’ Reads, but I thought this middle grade book was so much fun that I would share a teaser with you here. (Tell me what middle grade boy wouldn’t love to read a book that says stuff like this):
by Jeff Gunhus
“But I warn you (and this is a big warning), if you read this book, if you learn about the monsters who roam among us and the hunters who fight them, if you decide to learn the truth, then you will become fair game for the monsters to chase…And at some point, they will find you, just like they found me, and you will be forced to defend yourself.”