Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Another really busy week here! My daughter competed in her state gymnastics competition over the weekend. She did great – placed on bars (which is always her favorite and best event). The competition was 2.5 hours away, but it was nice because we made the trip with one of her teammates (and her mom) and the girls really enjoyed their little “vacation.” Other than that, I’ve been editing away! Oh, and I got roped into doing hospitality for another gymnastics meet that our gym is hosting, but it’s not quite as bad this time because they actually gave me money to spend instead of me having to coordinate doing everything through donations. (Now, I just hope people won’t be so ungrateful, like they were last time.) That’s actually why I’m a bit late putting this post up – I spent the day coordinating stuff for the meet!
Congratulations to the winner of my birthday/blogoversary giveaway – Natalie H! She chose Vampires of Manhattan for the giveaway! Hope she loves it!
Here’s what you may have missed this past week:
- Tangled by Brandi Leigh Hall (review)
- Top Twelve Indie Books for Readers Who Like Dystopians/Fantasy/Paranormal
- Descent by L.A. Starkey (feature & giveaway) – Get the first book while it’s free and enter to win one of the other books in the series!
- Before He Was a Secret by Becky Hicks (review & giveaway)
- Let’s Discuss – Fact or Fiction
Next week on FYFA:
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (review) – Yeah, I meant to post this one last Saturday, but I didn’t manage to get it ready before I left for my daughter’s meet
- Numbers Game by Rebecca Rode (blast & giveaway)
- Max by C.J. Duggan (review)
- Let’s Discuss – Something … bookish (yeah, once again, I have no idea)
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Don’t miss out on the fun discussions happening on the 2015 Book Blog Discussion Challenge! Make sure you check them all out!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- March 2015 Discussion Challenge Link-up & Giveaway – Still time to join the challenge and enter to win a book of your choice!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Brittany at The Book Addict’s Guide is celebrating her birthday with a giveaway!
- Rachel over at A Perfection Called Books is hosting her first blogoversary giveaway!
- Brittany at Please Don’t Feed the Bookworm is hosting her first blogoversary giveaway too!!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I’ll Give You the Sun was one of my favorite reads from last year!
Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
That’s great you have money to work with this time around…I hope people are more grateful! I am going to try and read I’ll Give You the Sun sometime soon!
I hope you loved I’ll Give You The Sun. I know I did. 🙂
Congrats to your daughter and on your book haul!
Aw, I am glad your daughter did so well, that is wonderful! And these people had better not treat you like they did last time, that is NOT okay. And hopefully it will be less stressful, too! Hope you have a wonderful week, and enjoy the new books 🙂