Top Twelve Books for Readers Who Love Dystopians/Fantasy/Paranormal
- Sleepless by Tracey Ward – This book was SO unique and interesting – about a girl who has an ability she can’t control. She “Slips” during sleep – waking up in an unknown place and then having to find a way to get herself back home. Loved this book and writing this post has reminded me that I have to go buy the second book in the series!
- The Blooming Goddess Trilogy by Tellulah Darling – This series is a fun take on mythology with a great final message.
- You Are Mine by Janeal Falor – This book stirs up a little bit of controversy because of the way women are treated in the society that Falor created, but that’s kind of the point. I thought that the message was clear that the fact that women were second-class citizens was wrong. The second book in this series was great too (and the novella), but I especially adored the first!
- The Mind’s Eye by K.C. Finn – This is a historical paranormal that takes place during WWII – basically a fantastic combination!!
- The Prophecy by Erin Albert Rhew – I ADORED this fantasy novel – and just look at that shiny new cover!! (It’s WAY better than the old cover). Yes, it follows a lot of the typical fantasy tropes (there’s even a love triangle), but something about this one just stood out for me. I recently realized that the second book had come out and rushed to buy it! I’ll be reading that one very soon!
- The Sunshine Series by Nikki Rae – Looking for a darker take on the “I fell in love with a vampire” theme? Nikki Rae packs a lot of emotional punch into this series and she doesn’t let her characters off easy. This book is upper YA or NA territory.
- Chasing the Star Garden by Melanie Karsak – I haven’t read a ton of steampunk, but I loved this one!
- Blood Prince Series by Jennifer Blackstream – This series features adult fairy tale retellings with a paranormal twist – you get vamps, werewolves, incubi and more … and every book has been fantastic!
- The New World Series by Janelle Stalder – I love this NA dystopian series because of the blurred lines between the heroes and the villains!
- The Collectors’ Society by Heather Lyons – This book is a really unique retelling involving characters from tons of the old fairy tales and classics. I adored the way all of the stories were woven together! I just bought the second book in this series and can’t wait to read it!
- Broken World Series by Kate L. Mary – Like zombie books? Then you definitely have to check out this series. You’ve probably seen me rave about it in other top ten lists – it’s just an all-around great read! (UPDATE: The author let me know that the first book in this series is free until March 12th, so go grab it now!)
- Carrier by Anne Tibbets – This book was a really intense dystopian – but also amazing! I won the second book in the series and can’t wait to read it. I’ve heard it’s just as incredible as the first.
So, what books make your all-time favorites list?