Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Well, this week was a little calmer. It felt nice to relax a little bit – I did start work on a new editing project, but we’re in the beginning stages, so we’re just getting into the swing of things. Still, I didn’t manage to post a discussion post this week because I spent a lot of time working on optimizing my site. Luckily, my husband is a techie, so he’s been able to do some monitoring and optimizing for me. Then he had me change the sizing on a lot of my pictures (which I already knew I needed to do – especially based on Ashley over at Nose Graze’s post about How to Use and Compress Images to Improve SEO & User Experience – head over there and read it for some great advice!). Anyway, I ended up spending a lot more time than planned on that. And then we did a huge freezer cooking session (as recommended by Sam over at Sharing Inspired Kreations – guess I’m following a lot of blog advice this weekend!) for our trip to Colorado, which is coming VERY soon! We’re going to be spending a whole month there, and I can’t wait!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Siren’s Fury by Mary Weber (review & giveaway) – Last chance to enter to win a signed copy!
- Nowhere but Here by Katie McGarry (excerpt & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a signed copy and a t-shirt
- Spelled by Betsy Schow (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card
- Burn by Allie Juliette Mousseau (giveaway & reviewish type thing) – Still time to enter to win a signed copy of both Dare and Burn (and there’s also an opportunity to get Burn swag)!
Next week on FYFA:
- May Wrap-up and Best of the Bunch
- June Discussion Challenge Link-up
- Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry (review)
- Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan (review)
- Captured by You by Amber Hart (review & giveaway)
- Let’s Discuss – Faith in Blogging: How to Stay True to Who You Are Without Rocking the Boat – This is the first of several discussions that I’m planning based on my experiences and the panels I attended at RT.
From My OTSP Secret Sister:
I didn’t buy or accept any new books for review this week (thank goodness – have you SEEN the number of books I got last week? Yikes!), BUT my Secret Sister did send me an awesome cold-themed package in the mail. I got The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, a Coldstone Creamery gift card and a cup to keep me cool during those warm summer days!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
I’m FINALLY starting to catch up on this month’s discussion posts. Yes, I actually read and comment on every single post that is posted to our discussion challenge. Why is that, you ask? Because I like checking things off of lists? No, no – it’s because I figure, what good is it to host a challenge and not truly participate in it. My whole point in starting the challenge is because I wanted to foster discussions on our blogs – so it kind of defeats the purpose if I don’t actually discuss!! Still, I will confess to being woefully behind this month. But, I WILL catch up. For now, here are some of my favorites that I read this week (yeah, I know – these weren’t actually posted this week – or last week!).
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight gives a hilarious Guide to Epic Book Hoarding
- Katy over at Glorious Panic talks about Censoring and Banning Books
- Charlie over at Girl of 1000 Wonders asks How Do You Cull Your TBR?
- CurlyGeek over at The Book Stop asks the seemingly perplexing question, Should book bloggers write book reviews?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- May 2015 Discussion Challenge Link-up & Giveaway – Link up your last May discussions and enter to win a 2015 debut of your choice!
- Ash and Ruin Series by Shauna Granger – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
I’m trying to do better about keeping track of all the giveaways I find out on the blogosphere so I can let you all know about them. The list is bigger this week!
- Candace’s Book Blog and Pure Imagination have a weekly (I think?) post called Saturday Situation, where people can link up their giveaways and reviews that need some more love. There are hundreds of posts listed there, so you should definitely check it out!
- Enter to win a whole stack of books from The Edge of Forever by Melissa E. Hurst blog tour over at It Starts at Midnight
- Enter to win the Complete Scarlet series by A.C. Gaughen over at My Guilty Obsession
- Enter to win a copy of The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler over at The Perpetual Page Turner
- Enter to win a $100 gift card from the House of Obsidian tour, featured on Yah Gotta Read This!
- Enter to win a $25 gift card from the Between the Lines by Claudia Whitsitt blog tour, featured on My Love for Reading Keeps Growing
- Enter to win a $50 gift card from the tour for Catch and Release by Ella Fox over at Naomi’s Reading Palace!
- Enter to win a $50 gift card from the tour for Rachel’s Deception by Karen Ann Hopkins over at Literary Meanderings!
- Enter to win a signed paperback of Lure by Alyssa Rose Ivy over at Inkslinger PR!
- The May New Release Giveaway Hop – Last chance to enter this one!
- Enter to win a $50 gift card from the tour for A Taylor-Made Life over at Tome Tender.
- Enter to win a rehab survival kit from Danielle Younge-Ullman (for her release of Lola Carlyle’s 12-Step Romance) over at Novel Ink!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!