The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there!
- Jade’s home from college! (For a little while.) We picked Jade up from school yesterday, but she’ll only be home for a few weeks because she has a summer internship in the city, so she’s going to get an apartment now instead of waiting for the new school year. It’s crazy that she’s really moving out on her own.
- What I Read
- I only read one book this week: Trusting True North by Gina Linko.
- What I Watched:
- We’re now watching season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 2 of Angel. I think season 5 may have been my favorite season of Buffy, so I’m loving reliving it.
- I started watching the current season of American Idol. It’s been years since I’ve watched this show, but I’m remembering why I used to love it.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- APRIL 2022 WRAP-UP & BEST OF THE BUNCH
- BITE-SIZED REVIEWS OF THE HANDMAID’S TALE, ELLEN OUTSIDE THE LINES, MISSING MIKE, THE DEEPEST BREATH, AND THE HAIR BOOK
- DOES YOUR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH EXTEND TO MY BLOG? LET’S DISCUSS.
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 5/12 – Anne @ Books of My Heart‘s Birthday
I received two picture books for review this week: Mina by Matthew Forsythe and Mighty Red Riding Hood by William West. Thank you so much, Simon & Schuster & Little, Brown Books for Young Readers!
And then I also got The Natural Genius of Ants by Betty Culley (cover art by The Brave Union), Onyeka and the Academy of the Sun by Tọlá Okogwu (cover art by Brittany Jackson). Thank you, Media Masters Publicity and Simon & Schuster!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Louise @ Monstrumology shares her Library Pet Peeves (Both as a User and a Worker)
- Mint @ Mint Loves Books tells us 4 things she wishes she knew before she started book blogging
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all these pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week:
Pre-order MY MECHANICAL ROMANCE by Alexene Farol Follmuth OR request it from your local library to receive a custom enamel pin, a signed bookplate, and a note from the author. (Ends 5/30) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE LIES WE TELL by Katie Zhao to receive a Limited Edition Illustrated Bookmark! (US/CAN) Ends 8/8 CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
- Sorry, I didn’t make note of any this week!
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the May Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the April Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. You can also enter to win THE MIRRORWOOD & NIGHTINGALE.
- Win a stack of reads by AA-NH/PI authors for your shelf!
- Head over to Pausitive Vibe for a chance to win a National Geographic FOR THE BIRDS Book Bundle
- Head over to YA & Kids’ Books Central for a chance to win ONLY ONE, VERY BAD PEOPLE and lots more!!
- Head over to Literary Ramblings to enter to win Gold Mountain.
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win this week’s books.
- Head over to Kait Plus Books for a chance to win BRAVELY and MORE!
- Head over to Bookhounds YA for a chance to win THE HAIR BOOK, LI NA IS MY NAME, STAR WARS: QUEEN’S HOPE and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review for a chance to win These Are the 24 Solar Terms and MORE!
- Head over to Candid Cover for a chance to win One Spring 2022 New Book Release
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Spring 2022 Seasons of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including several books!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
That is crazy that Jade is out on her own already, but that’s amazing to have secured an internship. Wow! Impressive.
Yeah, we were really hoping she’d be able to get an internship this summer instead of just doing tutoring (which she’s been doing all along). This is a great opportunity for her!
Thank you for the shout-out, and congrats to Jade on securing an internship!
That’s awesome Jade has an internship. Her move on her own may be harder for you than her. I had a hard time when my daughter moved out, especially since I’d lost my husband only about a year before it happened. Natalie @ Literary Rambles
Congrats on your daughter’s internship and her moving out. It’s tough when they leave, but it’s what they are supposed to do!
Wow they grow so fast. I pretty much left to go to college and never lived at my parent’s home again. It’s exciting she has an internship and I hope it helps her figure out what work she likes and doesn’t like.
Anne – Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
I haven’t watched BtVS in years. I own the entire series so I should one day.
It’s wild watching everyone’s kids be old enough to go off to colleges now!! Time flies.
Karen @For What It’s Worth
Ironically, I own the whole series too … and I’m watching it on Netflix. Go figure.
I didn’t know it was on Netflix! I do that too – I’d rather watch something on streaming or if I just stumble upon it. It used to be on all the time in syndication and I watched it almost every day.
Oh, wait, sorry – it’s on Hulu. (I get them mixed up sometimes.)
I have that too!
I hope you had a nice Mother’s day.
Yay for Jade being home, even if it isn’t as long as you might hope it’ll still be great to get some time with her home. You’re totally flying through Buffy and Angel. Every time you mention them I get the urge to have a rewatch even though I did that during the first lockdown.
Happy Belated Mother’s Day! That’s fun that Jade will be home for a little bit. I hope her internship goes well.