The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Honestly, this week I’ve mostly been basking in the congratulations that have been rolling in for my MG book deal. I honestly underestimated how exciting it would be to make the actual announcement and share it with all my bookish friends. Thank you to everyone who has showered me with love–it means more to me than I could ever tell!
Also, my daughter has had a couple of really solid positive mental health weeks, and the intensive outpatient program she’s in has been helpful. Finding this place was difficult, but it has turned out to be very worth it!
What I Read This Week:
- I’ve continued reading Cantor’s Dilemma by Carl Djerassi and The Girl in White by Lindsay Currie.
- I finished reading One Girl in All the World by Kendare Blake. You can check out my review here (along with Kendare’s highly amusing list of Top Ten Addictions).
- I’ve also been reading picture books at B&N sometimes so that I can give customers better recommendations. I’ll probably feature my favorites on the blog at some point.
- I finished listening to Little Thieves by Margaret Owen. It was nice to listen on a long drive–made me want to keep going once I got home!
What I Watched:
- I started watching That 90’s Show. It fills me with nostalgia for the original, but I also think it stands pretty well on its own.
- I also watched the first episode of The Last of Us. Whoa, this series is intense!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- MULTICULTURAL CHILDREN’S BOOK DAY! WHERE WE COME FROM BY DIANE WILSON, SUN YUNG SHIN, SHANNON GIBNEY, AND JOHN COY, ILLUSTRATED BY DION MBD
- ONE GIRL IN ALL THE WORLD BY KENDARE BLAKE: REVIEW, GIVEAWAY, & KENDARE’S TOP TEN ADDICTIONS!
- JANUARY 2023 MONTHLY WRAP-UP ROUND-UP LINK-UP AND GIVEAWAY
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 1/29 – a GREAT read‘s Blogoversary
- 1/31 – MY BLOGOVERSARY!!
- February – Emily the Book Nerd‘s Blogoversary
- 2/4 – Joy @ Joyous Reads‘ Birthday
Nothing new this week!
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s a list of the pre-order campaigns I added to the list this week:
Pre-order A WHOLE SONG AND DANCE by Sarvenaz Tash OR request it from your local library to receive a signed/personalize bookplate, and a bookmark! (Ends 4/3) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order (or order) WHEN YOU WISH UPON A LANTERN by Gloria Chao, LAST CHANCE DANCE by Lakita Wilson, CHLOE & THE KAISHAO BOYS by Mae Coyiuto, NEVER VACATION WITH YOUR EX by Emily Wibberley & Austin Siegemund-Broka, or VIVA LOLA ESPINOZA by Ella Cerón to receive an exclusive button pack! (US only) (Ends 4/10) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order the hardcover of SOMETHING MORE by Jackie Khalili to receive three vinyl stickers and a bookmark. US and CAN pre-orders will also receive original character art and a jewel case CD with original character art. Back of CD provides a track listing of Jessie’s Playlist as well as a QR code which will take you to her playlist. (INT) (Ends 6/5)
Pre-order RAW DOG by Jamie Loftus to receive a sticker sheet! (US/CAN) (Ends 5/22) CLICK FOR DETAILS
I’ve officially decided to take the giveaways section out of my Sunday Post. It’s just been too hard for me to keep up with along with the pre-order campaigns, and I feel like the pre-order section is more valuable, so I’m going to focus on that. Many of the giveaways I featured were links to sites that host them all the time, so feel free to check an older Sunday Post for links to those. I hope you’ve found out about some great giveaways here over the years!
Lots of good stuff! Have any news? Feel free to share in the comments!