Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
It was back to work this week – well, school. Our homeschooling co-op started up and we’ve started working on that play I wrote. Right now, we’re just trying to get all the songs figured out, which is harder than I thought it would be! (I’m not writing the songs, by the way – we’re using contemporary Christian songs.) I’m excited to see it underway, though!
I’m also hard at work on a proofreading project AND on that crazy gymnastics hospitality thing. Those of you who were around my blog last year (when I moaned and groaned about the hospitality job) will be proud to know that I at least managed to speak up and tell them that I needed more help this year – I’m not great at saying no, but I at least said, “HELP!” 🙂
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine – Review
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – Review
- Replying to Comments on Older Posts – Let’s Discuss
- Year-End Wrap-Up Giveaway – Still time to help me clear my shelves (US) or win a book of your choice (INT)
- Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn – Review
Next week on FYFA:
- Identity Crisis by Melissa Schorr – Review & Giveaway
- The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright – Review & Giveaway
- A TTT or review of something else. (Um, yeah, I’m not all that organized right now)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish! (Probably my 2016 resolutions, since I didn’t do it this week)
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
A few blogoversaries coming up next week. I hope you’ll stop on by these blogs and send the bloggers some cheer in honor of their special days!! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
- Jan 15th – Lilybloombooks‘ Blogoversary!
- Jan 16th – Girl of 1000 Wonders’ Blogoversary!
- Jan 16th – The Book Sage’s Blogoversary!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
With the start of a new year and a new discussion challenge, LOTS of people are posting discussions! (Go check them all out HERE!!!) I’m not all the way caught up with all of them yet, but here are a few favorites I’ve read:
- Emma at The Eggplant Emoji asks Should any topics be off-limits for children’s books?
- Katy at WildeOnMySide talks about unreliable narrators (I love them!) in her post, Are Lunatics the Best Narrators?
- Alexa at Words Off the Page talks about how she used to write all the time, but she’s lost her muse in adulthood somewhat in her post, My Writing Slump.
- Eva at All Books Considered asks Are Authors Rushing to Publish Too Quickly?
And this post wasn’t part of the discussion challenge and was posted a whole month ago, but I found it so interesting and useful that I wanted to point it out. (It was linked in someone’s discussion, but I can’t for the life of me remember whose!)
- Stephanie at These Paper Hearts wrote this fantastically informative post: Can Book Bloggers Be Successful on Pinterest? YES! I’ve been inspired to do more on Pinterest with my blog.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- January Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Link up your January discussions and enter to win a Pre-Order of a 2016 Release
- Those Who Remain by Priscila Santa Rosa – Enter to win a paperback copy
- The Undays of Aralias Lyons by K.L. Horvath – Still time to enter to win a signed paperback!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Lisa at Lost in Literature is taking part in a blog tour that’s giving away two copies of Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer.
- Lory at The Emerald City Book Review is celebrating her second blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Young Adult Faeries and Fantasy Giveaway Hop!
- And there’s also the Hello, My Name Is.. Giveaway Hop!
- Stuck in Books is celebrating their fifth blogoversary with several giveaways! There’s a chance to win Lux Beginnings, Consequences & Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Pawn by Aimee Carter, Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck, Vipers Rule by Stephanie Tyler, What We Find by Robyn Carr, Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry, a signed copy of Wicked by Jennifer L Armentrout and Young World by Chris Weitz.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Snowed In? So Read. Giveaway Hop!
- Wendy over at Book Scents is doing an End of Year Shelf-Cleaning Giveaway!
- It’s YA Midnight Reads’ third blogoversary and they’re celebrating with a giveaway. There’s one for Aussie readers and one INT!
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight is giving away bookish Christmas presents on her blog!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!