Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week I read my first Wattpad book (Cait from Paper Fury wrote it, and I’d tell you all to go read it, but it seems to have suddenly disappeared from Wattpad – I’ll let you know if it’s back!). I also started my first manga series, which I’m reading with my son (Death Note) – we’re watching the anime too, but we’re only a couple of episodes in. I feel like I’m expanding my horizons! 🙂
Other than that, I’ve just been feeling very out of it and frustratingly lackadaisical. I can’t seem to get into the summer swing of things! My daughter was away at camp this past week, but hopefully I’ll be more motivated now that she’s home and we’re back on a more normal schedule. We shall see!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- The Clay Lion by Amalie Jahn – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win an ebook copy of this fun time travel book!
- Top Ten 2016 Anticipations – Ten books I’m looking forward to in the second half of 2016
- The Wrath & the Dawn Series by Renee Ahdieh – Series Review
- Is Celibacy Shaming a Thing? Let’s Discuss!
Also, this isn’t actually on my blog, but the giveaway for the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up has been posted over at Falconer’s Library. Wendy’s giving away a bookish item from Powell’s Bookstore – and they have some really fun options!! (And, just so it’s clear, you don’t actually have to have linked up to the Wrap-Up Round-Up to participate in the giveaway.)
Next week on FYFA:
- 738 Days by Stacey Kade – Review
- Nogiku Series – New Cover Reveal & Giveaway
- Moonchild by Kate L. Mary – Review
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
One blogger birthday this week! I hope you’ll stop on by April’s blog and wish her a happy birthday! Also, check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
- June 19th – April @ Between the Pages‘ Birthday
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- June Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway! – Link up your June discussions and enter to win!
- #BEA16 Day Three Wrap-Up & Giveaway!! – Still time to enter to win a copy of The Loose Ends List or a Strange the Dreamer swag pack that includes a sampler of the book!
- Preorder Sarah J. Maas’s EMPIRE OF STORMS to receive a ToG notebook and/or preorder THE THRONE OF GLASS COLORING BOOK and get a ToG coloring pencils set!!
- Pre-order LIFE AFTER JULIET by Shannon Lee Alexander and get a temporary tattoo like Charlotte’s – a tattoo that blends the infinity symbol with the word hope.
- Preorder YOU WILL KNOW ME by Megan Abbott and Little, Brown Books will send you a free copy of one of her paperbacks!
- Pre-order THIS SAVAGE SONG by Victoria Schwab from either Parnassus Books or Books of Wonder and you’ll get a signed/personalized hardcover and a set of limited edition HUMAN/MONSTER tattoos! (This book is amazing, and you should all order it.)
- Pre-order DEFENDING TAYLOR by Miranda Kenneally and enter to WIN Defending Taylor water bottles or a GRAND PRIZE gym bag prize pack.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Enter to win Hamilton The Revolution signed by Lin-Manuel Miranda & Jeremy McCarter!
- Lots of blogs participating in the June New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Brittany’s Book Rambles to win a pre-order of Stalking Jack the Ripper.
- Head over to Lazy Day Literature for a chance to win e-copies of Janeal Falor’s complete Mine series. (Love this series!!)
- Head over to Rockin’ Book Reviews for a chance to win one very limited digital ARC of Julie Cross’s Chasing Truth (Eleanor Ames, #1) once it becomes available (INT)
- Head over to Got My Book for a chance to win an audiobook of Nice Dragons Finish Last from Audible
- Karen @ Kissin’ Blue Karen wrote a BEA wrap-up and is giving away a pre-order of a book she picked up there and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight does the same!
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks has created a Middle Grade Madness link-up. Link-up your reviews of middle grade books (or comment on linked reviews) and enter to win one! You can link up June reviews on this post.
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books is running the Meet the Newbies event where you can win 1 Pre-Order or Finished Copy of Any Debut Novel Featured on Meet the Newbies (INT) – Several of the tour stops also have individual giveaways as well!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!