Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week I read my first Wattpad book (Cait from Paper Fury wrote it, and I’d tell you all to go read it, but it seems to have suddenly disappeared from Wattpad – I’ll let you know if it’s back!). I also started my first manga series, which I’m reading with my son (Death Note) – we’re watching the anime too, but we’re only a couple of episodes in. I feel like I’m expanding my horizons! 🙂
Other than that, I’ve just been feeling very out of it and frustratingly lackadaisical. I can’t seem to get into the summer swing of things! My daughter was away at camp this past week, but hopefully I’ll be more motivated now that she’s home and we’re back on a more normal schedule. We shall see!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- The Clay Lion by Amalie Jahn – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win an ebook copy of this fun time travel book!
- Top Ten 2016 Anticipations – Ten books I’m looking forward to in the second half of 2016
- The Wrath & the Dawn Series by Renee Ahdieh – Series Review
- Is Celibacy Shaming a Thing? Let’s Discuss!
Also, this isn’t actually on my blog, but the giveaway for the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up has been posted over at Falconer’s Library. Wendy’s giving away a bookish item from Powell’s Bookstore – and they have some really fun options!! (And, just so it’s clear, you don’t actually have to have linked up to the Wrap-Up Round-Up to participate in the giveaway.)
Next week on FYFA:
- 738 Days by Stacey Kade – Review
- Nogiku Series – New Cover Reveal & Giveaway
- Moonchild by Kate L. Mary – Review
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
One blogger birthday this week! I hope you’ll stop on by April’s blog and wish her a happy birthday! Also, check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
- June 19th – April @ Between the Pages‘ Birthday
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- June Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway! – Link up your June discussions and enter to win!
- #BEA16 Day Three Wrap-Up & Giveaway!! – Still time to enter to win a copy of The Loose Ends List or a Strange the Dreamer swag pack that includes a sampler of the book!
- Preorder Sarah J. Maas’s EMPIRE OF STORMS to receive a ToG notebook and/or preorder THE THRONE OF GLASS COLORING BOOK and get a ToG coloring pencils set!!
- Pre-order LIFE AFTER JULIET by Shannon Lee Alexander and get a temporary tattoo like Charlotte’s – a tattoo that blends the infinity symbol with the word hope.
- Preorder YOU WILL KNOW ME by Megan Abbott and Little, Brown Books will send you a free copy of one of her paperbacks!
- Pre-order THIS SAVAGE SONG by Victoria Schwab from either Parnassus Books or Books of Wonder and you’ll get a signed/personalized hardcover and a set of limited edition HUMAN/MONSTER tattoos! (This book is amazing, and you should all order it.)
- Pre-order DEFENDING TAYLOR by Miranda Kenneally and enter to WIN Defending Taylor water bottles or a GRAND PRIZE gym bag prize pack.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Enter to win Hamilton The Revolution signed by Lin-Manuel Miranda & Jeremy McCarter!
- Lots of blogs participating in the June New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Brittany’s Book Rambles to win a pre-order of Stalking Jack the Ripper.
- Head over to Lazy Day Literature for a chance to win e-copies of Janeal Falor’s complete Mine series. (Love this series!!)
- Head over to Rockin’ Book Reviews for a chance to win one very limited digital ARC of Julie Cross’s Chasing Truth (Eleanor Ames, #1) once it becomes available (INT)
- Head over to Got My Book for a chance to win an audiobook of Nice Dragons Finish Last from Audible
- Karen @ Kissin’ Blue Karen wrote a BEA wrap-up and is giving away a pre-order of a book she picked up there and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight does the same!
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks has created a Middle Grade Madness link-up. Link-up your reviews of middle grade books (or comment on linked reviews) and enter to win one! You can link up June reviews on this post.
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books is running the Meet the Newbies event where you can win 1 Pre-Order or Finished Copy of Any Debut Novel Featured on Meet the Newbies (INT) – Several of the tour stops also have individual giveaways as well!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
OOh nice! Reliquary and Scythe are both ones that intrigue me. Though I’m hearing mixed things on Reliquary. Might be one I try out once the series is finished, as that’s what previous people have told me. Hope you enjoy all the new reads!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
I’ve only read one Sarah Fine book, but I really loved it, so I couldn’t resist when I saw this one available for review.
I’ve been thinking of reading some manga for a while (my boyfriend is really into it, and it seems like it would be my kind of thing), and I actually just bought the first volume of Death Note a couple of days ago! That seems to be the one people recommend as a good starter, so I hope both of us (and your son!) enjoy it 🙂
How are you liking Death Note? My son already read the whole series. I’m on book eight (I stopped to read a few other books in between). It’s really interesting – different, but I’m enjoying it!
Oh, that pre-order info is so helpful. Thanks for sharing it, Nicole. I’ve never preordered a book before, so this gives me an incentive.
I’m always on the hunt for pre-order deals and giveaways to share! 🙂
I think I saw ZERO elsewhere and forgot to look into it. It looks really interesting.
My Sunday Summary
It does! I will be reading it very soon because I have to post my review next week. 🙂
I have two graphic novels sitting on the coffee table that I’ve been meaning to read since school got out. Hopefully next week I’ll get to them. When I read the first one I thought the same – I’m expanding my horizons! I’ve been kind of out of it this week, too. I didn’t get hardly anything accomplished except a few blog posts scheduled. Here’s to a better week ahead!
The only other graphic novels I’ve ever read were the Buffy the Vampire Slayer ones – I couldn’t resist continuing the story!
Hey OTSP Secret Sis! Looks like you got some great stuff this week! I got Scythe as well, very excited for that as well. Is Iron to Iron a novella to go with Wolf by Wolf? Which I still need to read. The only book I’ve read on Wattpad is Anna Todd’s new books, I need to read some others! Hope you have a great week coming up, and you can check out my Sunday Post in the link below!
Yes, Iron by Iron goes with Wolf by Wolf – it’s a bit over a hundred pages long, which makes me happy. I love longer novellas.
I’ve never tried manga, that’s cool that you’re trying it and expanding your horizons 🙂
I’ve been feeling kind of out of it too. My blogging has been alright, but I keep getting distracted and forgetting to visit other blogs it seems or just kind of having a harder time keeping track of other posts than usual… I don’t know lol.
Nevernight and Scythe have such pretty covers! Enjoy your new books 🙂
Yes, I actually feel like I should have more time, but somehow the lack of a true schedule is really messing with me – I’m just now getting to replying to all of this week’s comments!!
I’ve only read one manga but I HAVE really wanted to read Death Note for awhile now. Let us know what you think!!!
I hope you have a great week,
I’m really enjoying Death Note so far. I plan on doing a review of the whole series once I’m done with it. (I’m on book eight out of twelve, but I’ve stopped to read some regular books in between).
I’m feeling very lackadaisical as well, so I’ve been working on tons of marketing stuff. What I need to do is sit down and write! I want to read Cait’s book, so if it comes back on Wattpad, please let me know. 🙂
Yeah, I’m not sure why Cait’s book disappeared. I think she said it was getting some new status on Wattpad or something, so I’ll have to ask her about it.
Yay for reading your first Wattpad book! I still need to do that and was thinking of reading JLA’s Deadlist around Halloween this year – since she only has it on Wattpad. Hope you are able to get into the summer swing of things soon.❤
I didn’t realize that JLA has a book on Wattpad – I’ll have to read it!