Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Managed to get around the blogosphere a bit more this week, and I caught up on the posts linked up to the Discussion Challenge. It felt good to hop around a bit – but then I realized I hadn’t replied to comments all week! Oops!
I started my first class toward a copyediting certificate at UC San Diego this week as well. I think it will be great to learn some new things and it will also help my credibility as an editor. I feel like I need to start making more of an effort with actually promoting myself when it comes to editing – I’ve been happy with it being part-time because with homeschooling I can’t really put in full-time hours, but it would be nice to be able to expand eventually. In an effort to get myself out there more, I joined the Editorial Freelancers Association (and I plan to take some courses through them) plus I’m getting my copyeditor’s certificate.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- Nogiku Series – New Cover Reveal & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a bundle of S.J. Pajonas’s books
- 738 Days by Stacey Kade – Review
- Moonchild by Kate L. Mary – Review
- Summer of Supernovas by Darcy Woods – Review – This is my mom’s first solo review on the blog. Check it out!
- My Top Ten Addictions – Let’s Discuss! – I often post this list for authors, so I thought I should tell you mine!
Next week on FYFA:
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – Review
- The Memory Book by Lara Avery – Spotlight & Giveaway
- Zero by Morgan Dark – Review & Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
No blogger birthdays or blogoversaries this week (that I know of). Check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
Sorry, this one isn’t free anymore, but I’ve read some other of Boyce’s books and enjoyed them, so I snagged it while it was a freebie.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some of my favorite discussions I’ve read this week:
- Jee Ann @ The Book Tales tells us 10 Things People Who Live With Bookworms Can Relate to.
- Laura over at Boats Against the Current asks How Did You Get Your Blog Name? I always love reading responses to this question!
- Heather over at Based on a True Story asks Can Books Overcome Hate?
- Cynthia over at Bingeing on Books muses about why it’s Easier to Hate than to Love (in our reviews – though sometimes I think this applies to life too!).
- Lexxie over at (un)Conventional Book Views talks about Commenting.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- The Clay Lion by Amalie Jahn – Still time to enter to win an ebook copy of this fun time travel book!
- June Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway! – Link up your June discussions and enter to win!
- Preorder Sarah J. Maas’s EMPIRE OF STORMS to receive a ToG notebook and/or preorder THE THRONE OF GLASS COLORING BOOK and get a ToG coloring pencils set!!
- Pre-order LIFE AFTER JULIET by Shannon Lee Alexander and get a temporary tattoo like Charlotte’s – a tattoo that blends the infinity symbol with the word hope.
- Preorder YOU WILL KNOW ME by Megan Abbott and Little, Brown Books will send you a free copy of one of her paperbacks!
- Pre-order THIS SAVAGE SONG by Victoria Schwab from either Parnassus Books or Books of Wonder and you’ll get a signed/personalized hardcover and a set of limited edition HUMAN/MONSTER tattoos! (This book is amazing, and you should all order it.)
- Pre-order DEFENDING TAYLOR by Miranda Kenneally and enter to WIN Defending Taylor water bottles or a GRAND PRIZE gym bag prize pack.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Katie over at Mundie Moms is giving away a box of ARCS from BEA, which includes, – Heartless, A Torch Against The Night, Empire of Dust, Frost Blood, Seven Days of You, The King Slayer and The Lovely Reckless
- Head over to A Page with a View for her June book haul giveaway: 20 YA books!
- Head over to Pink Polka Dot Book Blog for a chance to win a pre-order of Emily France’s YA novel, SIGNS OF YOU. US only (Read the interview – especially her letter to her 9th grade self!)
- Enter to win a signed ARC of FROST LIKE NIGHT and a signed trading card
- Enter to win Hamilton The Revolution signed by Lin-Manuel Miranda & Jeremy McCarter!
- Lots of blogs participating in the June New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Brittany’s Book Rambles to win a pre-order of Stalking Jack the Ripper.
- Head over to Lazy Day Literature for a chance to win e-copies of Janeal Falor’s complete Mine series. (Love this series!!)
- Head over to Rockin’ Book Reviews for a chance to win one very limited digital ARC of Julie Cross’s Chasing Truth (Eleanor Ames, #1) once it becomes available (INT)
- Karen @ Kissin’ Blue Karen wrote a BEA wrap-up and is giving away a pre-order of a book she picked up there and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight does the same!
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks has created a Middle Grade Madness link-up. Link-up your reviews of middle grade books (or comment on linked reviews) and enter to win one! You can link up June reviews on this post.
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books is running the Meet the Newbies event where you can win 1 Pre-Order or Finished Copy of Any Debut Novel Featured on Meet the Newbies (INT) – Several of the tour stops also have individual giveaways as well!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!