Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Well, it’s official – our Spanish exchange student Carmen has headed home. She was here for three weeks and we did so many amazing things. In my July wrap-up, I’ll share some pictures of our fun adventures!
Today, we sent my oldest off to Japanese immersion camp for two weeks. He is incredibly excited – right now he adores all things Japanese!
I’m hoping to have a bit more time to blog and visit the blogosphere in August, but I also have to prepare for my homeschool classes, which are starting soon – this has been one crazy summer! (As you can tell by the fact that my Sunday Post is going up so late.)
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog:
- How to Keep Rolling After a Fall by Karole Cozzo – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a paperback copy of the book!
- Children Shouldn’t Play With Dead Things and Dark Dreams and Dead Things by Martina McAtee – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- Supergirl at Super Hero High by Lisa Yee – Review
Next week on FYFA:
- Some reviews – Yep, I know – that’s real specific. 🙂
- July Wrap-Up
- August Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish! (I haven’t managed a discussion in the past couple of weeks, but I’m hoping to post one this week!)
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Lots of birthdays and blogoversaries this week! (The ones on the 1st may mean that the person only told me a month, and not an exact date.) I hope you’ll visit these bloggers and congratulate them on their special days! Also, check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
- August 1st – Laura @ 125 Pages‘ Birthday
- August 1st – ShootingStarsMag‘s Blogoversary
- August 1st – Terri @ Second Run Reviews‘ Birthday
- August 2nd – Awesome Book Assessment‘s Blogoversary
- August 3rd – Arctic Books‘ Blogoversary
- August 6th – Freda’s Voice‘s Blogoversary
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
I only bookmarked one discussion this week (but I didn’t have a lot of time to visit blogs):
- Ali over at Arctic Books asks, How Do You Define YA?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- July Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway! – Last chance to link up your July discussions and enter to win!
- Pre-order A TORCH AGAINST THE NIGHT by Sabaa Tahir to receive an Ember in the Ashes tote!
- Pre-order FALLING FREE by Shannan Martin and get some fun (and unique!) freebies!
- Pre-order AS I DESCENDED by Robin Talley to receive bookmarks and stickers featuring the book’s beautiful cover, plus a signed bookplate!
- Pre-order STEALING SNOW by Danielle Paige to receive a compact mirror!
- Pre-order Sarah J. Maas’s EMPIRE OF STORMS to receive a ToG notebook and/or preorder THE THRONE OF GLASS COLORING BOOK and get a ToG coloring pencils set!!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Enter to win a signed copy of It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover!
- Head over to Fiction Fare for a chance to win one of ten HEAR THE WOLVES Galleys
- Head over to Shooting Stars Mag for a chance to win a complete autographed set of both IF YOU WERE ME AND LIVED IN … series, written by author Carole P. Roman. Plus, the grand prize winner will also receive a $50 Amazon gift card. (These sound like really cute books!)
- Head over to Lost in Literature for a chance to win a Resisting the Rebel gift basket, including: a paperback version of the book, a Red Ranger action figure, a Rainbow Pony, and a mood ring.
- Head over to A GREAT Read for a chance to win one of two signed The Architect of Song paperbacks
- Enter to win an ARC of BLUE TIDE by Jenna-Lynne Duncan.
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks has created a Middle Grade Madness link-up. Link-up your reviews of middle grade books (or comment on linked reviews) and enter to win one! You can link up July reviews on this post.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!