Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Yikes! Another Sunday Post going up really late. Oh well – I guess I should be happy I’m managing to get this up at all. School starts next week, which has most parent saying, “Yay!!” but since I homeschool, I’m thinking, “I’m not ready!” Luckily, only some of our homeschool co-op classes start next week, and we can ease our way into the other things. This year is going to be a lot more hectic with driving around because we’re attending co-op three days a week, and my son is (hopefully) going to be taking a class at the local college – so there’s just a lot of running. Still, I think it will be worth it for the great classes we’ll be able to participate in!
Other than that, we celebrated my husband’s 40th with family yesterday and then picked our son up from his Japanese immersion camp. Jaden LOVED the camp – sounds like it was a great experience for him! We’ve also been watching the Olympics A LOT this week! Lots of fun!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog:
- July Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway! – Still time to enter to win! (You didn’t have to participate in the wrap-up round-up to enter the giveaway.)
- Victoria Schwab Event Recap
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff – My Very Conflicted Review
- Sex and Violence in YA Books: Is There a Difference? Let’s Discuss!
Next week on FYFA:
- Just a Girl by Ellie Cahill – Review
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Lots of blogoversaries and birthdays this week! I hope you’ll visit these bloggers and congratulate them on their special days! Also, check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
- August 15th – The Slanted Bookshelf‘s Blogoversary
- August 16th – Read All the Things‘ Blogoversary
- August 17th – Penni @ Penni’s Perceptions‘ Birthday
- August 18th – Anatea’s Bookshelf‘s Blogoversary
- August 20th – Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf‘s Blogoversary
Thanks to Blink YA Books!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- August Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- The Memory Book by Lara Avery – My Black Sheep Review (& Giveaway) – Still time to enter to win my ARC of the book!
- Children Shouldn’t Play With Dead Things and Dark Dreams and Dead Things by Martina McAtee – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- Pre-order FURTHERMORE to get a fox pin & the chance to win Tahereh Mafi’s favorite things!
- Pre-order CROOKED KINGDOM by Leigh Bardugo or the SIX OF CROWS DUOLOGY Boxed Set and you’ll get a fancy dice set in a branded pouch and a signed bookplate.
- Pre-order METALTOWN by Kristen Simmons and you can enter to win one of four fabulous prize packs!
- Pre-order A TORCH AGAINST THE NIGHT by Sabaa Tahir to receive an Ember in the Ashes tote!
- Pre-order FALLING FREE by Shannan Martin and get some fun (and unique!) freebies!
- Pre-order AS I DESCENDED by Robin Talley to receive bookmarks and stickers featuring the book’s beautiful cover, plus a signed bookplate!
- Pre-order STEALING SNOW by Danielle Paige to receive a compact mirror!
- Pre-order Sarah J. Maas’s EMPIRE OF STORMS to receive a ToG notebook and/or preorder THE THRONE OF GLASS COLORING BOOK and get a ToG coloring pencils set!!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
Again, lots of giveaways going on around the blogosphere this week!!!
- Caffeinated Book Reviewer is celebrating her blogoversary with lots of giveaways! She’s giving away Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, Everywhere and Every Way by Jennifer Probst, Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum, No One Knows by J.T. Ellison, and an Audiobook from Audible.com!
- Head over to Owl Always Be Reading for a chance to win a signed copy of IT ENDS WITH US + Souvenir Magnet
- Star-Crossed Book blog has six giveaways going for their blogoversary: – a chance to win The Distance Between Us by Kasie West, The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Angelfall by Susan Ee, The Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand and The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton Ali over at Arctic books is celebrating her blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Joy over at JOYOUSREADS is giving away a $100 Gift Card for her five year bogoversary!!
- ANOTHER blogoversary!! (There are so many right now!) – Lisa @ Lisa Loves Literature is celebrating her 7th blogoversary with a giveaway!!
- Clean Teen Publishing is doing a back-to-school giveaway!
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks has created a Middle Grade Madness link-up. Link-up your reviews of middle grade books (or comment on linked reviews) and enter to win one! You can link up August reviews here.
- Head over to Read Write Love28 for a chance to win a Swag Pack including LIMITED postcards, buttons, and stickers for Girl in Pieces
- Head over to Shooting Stars Mag for a chance to win a complete autographed set of both IF YOU WERE ME AND LIVED IN … series, written by author Carole P. Roman. Plus, the grand prize winner will also receive a $50 Amazon gift card. (These sound like really cute books!)
- Head over to A GREAT Read for a chance to win one of two signed The Architect of Song paperbacks
- Enter to win an ARC of BLUE TIDE by Jenna-Lynne Duncan.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!