Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
My youngest turned 12 yesterday! Hard to believe. How are my kids getting so big?!!!
I’m finally starting to settle into my schedule a bit and stress less about my kids’ schoolwork. I had a very hard time with that at first because I was stressed about my son’s level of work (he’s a “do the absolute minimum required” kind of kid, and I was having a hard time figuring out how to motivate him). But he’s actually picked up a lot of slack this year, and I think I can let go of the reins a bit—thank goodness!
SO, I managed to get quite a bit up on the blog this week and get a good amount of work done on my editing project. I call that a success!
Next weekend, I’m going to be attending the YA Lit Conference at Anderson’s Bookstore with my mom, so I’m really looking forward to that!!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- Chasing Truth by Julie Cross – Review, Giveaway & Cross’s Top Ten Addictions – Still time to enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card and a paperback copy of Whatever Life Throws at You (INT)
- Bite-Sized Reviews: Metaltown and Stalking Jack the Ripper
- Wendy Darling: Seas by Colleen Oakes – Fall Favorite Things Blog Tour Spotlight & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win an ARC of the book!
- The Lying Planet by Carol Riggs – Excerpt & Giveaway – Last chance to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- I’ve Been Known to Go Off on a Tangent … Or Two. Let’s Discuss!
- October Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- September Recap & Best of the Bunch – Find out what you may have missed around here in September!
Next week on FYFA:
- Gilt Hollow by Lorie Langdon – Review
- Remember Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn – Review & Giveaway
- The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis – Review
- Spindle by Shonna Slayton – Review & Giveaway
- September Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Apparently, I somehow missed October 1st in last week’s calendar, so I’m a day late for Kimberly’s birthday. Go wish her a belated happy birthday anyway (better late than never!). Also, check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
- October – I Heart Romance & YA‘s blogoversary
- October 1st – Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer‘s Birthday
- October 2nd – Rain City Librarian‘s Blogoversary
- October 8th – It Starts at Midnight‘s Blogoversary
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some posts I especially loved this week:
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight asks Do you use accents in your head while reading?
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight talks about Removing Favorites: Blasphemy or Necessity? and her #Bookstagram Ineptitude (And Why She’s No Longer Bothered by It)
- Aentee from Read at Midnight guest posts on Chasing Faerytales about Tips on Creating Blog Graphics
- Have you heard about Leave a Mark Auctions? Each week an annotated copy of a book is auctioned off (meaning that the author writes notes throughout the book). All of the proceeds go to First Book, a charity that provides access to new books for children in need. Check it out!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – Still time to enter to win a paperback ARC of the book!
- September Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Last chance to enter the giveaway!
- Pre-order BEAUTIFUL by Christina Lauren to receive an exclusive annotated Beautiful series sampler with never-before-seen notes from Christina Lauren. The sampler will include 1 annotated chapter from: Beautiful Bastard, Beautiful Stranger, Beautiful Player, Beautiful Secret, and Beautiful.
- Pre-order THE MIDNIGHT STAR by Marie Lu to get a The Young Elites quote tote & water bottle!
- Pre-order GLITTER by Aprilynn Pike and get a fun Glitter swag bag!
- Pre-order DEAD GIRLS SOCIETY by Michelle Krys & get an invite to join the Society, a code to access exclusive content & signed poster!
- Pre-order HEARTLESS by Marissa Meyer to get a Heartless branded magnetic bookmark.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Lilybloombooks hosts Middle Grade Madness, a link-up for MG reviews. Link up and enter to win a MG book!
- Win a signed copy of Crooked Kingdom!
- Penguin is giving away a Personalized #BannedBooksBox!
- Enter to win a trip to meet Marissa Meyer!
- Writing My Own Fairy Tale has a weekly Friday Grab Bag where you can enter to win an ARC from her list!
- The Bookavid is celebrating its two year blogoversary with a giveaway! Enter to be one of three people to win $20 worth of books from The Book Depository (INTL)
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!