Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
So, yesterday was my birthday, and I had a great day! (And, yes, for those of your who are confused, I accidentally said in last week’s Sunday Post that yesterday was my Blogoversary. That’s what I get for cutting and pasting—means I can’t even get my own birthday right!) Anyway, my kids had their final swim meet of the season yesterday (which is still going on today—I’m typing this while I’m waiting to go do my timing job, and I’m guessing this post is going to end up going up late because I don’t think I’ll be able to finish in time). Then, in the evening, my husband, my mom and I went out to dinner. I stuffed myself way too much, as is required on your birthday!!
Not much else is new this week. I had to do an hour-long deep cleaning at the dentist, which was made much more pleasant by listening to the super adorable Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. I still have another hour-long session for the other side of my mouth, so I’m glad I’m able to pass the time in a less miserable way with audiobooks!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- A Tragic Kind of Wonderful by Eric Lindstrom: Review
- January Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway – Anyone can enter, so head over to win a book from my giveaway/trade list!
- Power to the Writer: Inkitt’s Mission to Change the Face of Publishing
- By Your Side & The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West: Reviews
- So You Say It’s Your Birthday? It’s My Birthday (and Blogoversary) Too! – Come enter the giveaway!
Next week on FYFA:
I was going to do some planning for my birthday/blogoversary giveaway, but being sick has thrown me off. Hopefully I’ll get something up next week, but I had a thought in my head about something good and haven’t had a chance to work on it, so … I haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet.
- #famous by Jilly Gagnon – Spotlight & giveaway
- Jonah by Nikki Kelly – Review & giveaway
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
There are NO birthdays or blogoversaries this week! You should just take this time to
wish me a very happy birthday check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
I’ll share next week because I can’t take pictures while I’m at the swim meet and I’m running out of time!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are a few posts I loved this week:
- Clara @ Lost in My Library shared a list of Books of Acceptance (she posted this awhile back, but I just saw it in one of her wrap-up posts)
- Cait @ Paper Fury writes a fantastic post entitled Should Authors Agree with Everything They Write?
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight writes this fun post: Discussions from the Trash
- Krysta @ Pages Unbound Reviews tells us Don’t Be Afraid to Read Middle Grade
- Jo @ Once Upon a Bookcase asks Are There Certain Books a Privileged Person Shouldn’t Review?
- Pre-Order THE CROWN’S FATE by Evelyn Skye, and you can get a limited edition bookmark and a set of 3 stickers–Team Vika, Team Nikolai, and Team Pasha! Plus, there’s an additional giveaway if you order from Kepler’s. (ends 5/15)
- Pre-order THE LOST STAFF OF WONDERS by Raymond Arroyo and receive a signed bookplate for your book and a limited edition bookmark. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-Order THE WISH GRANTER by C.J. Redwine and receive a limited edition signed piece of character art. (ends 2/13)
- Pre-order TRICKED by Jen Calonita and receive a Fairy Tale Reform School digital exclusive featuring Rapunzel! (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order THE BONE WITCH by Rin Chupeco and receive a signed bookmark and The Bone Witch sticker. You will also be entered to win a GRAND PRIZE Bone Witch themed crate. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order THE SHIP BEYOND TIME by Heidi Heilig from an indie bookstore and get a gorgeous cloisonne pin of the black ship Temptation while supplies last! (ends 2/28)
- Pre-order RIVETED by Jay Crownover and get a first look at the first two chapters of Avenged and a poster with all the Saints on it (ends 2/14)
- Pre-order THE SONG RISING by Samantha Shannon and receive exclusive badges and temporary tattoos to #JoinTheRevolution. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order A CONJURING OF LIGHT by V.E. Schwab for a chance to receive a book hugger signed by V. E. Schwab. (ends 2/28)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- February Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your February discussions and enter to win!
- End of 2016 Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway!! – Last chance to enter this one!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Enter to win Fierce Reads’ Heartless Anti-Valentine’s Day Giveaway!
- Head over to Pure Imagination for a chance to win a February New Release of your choice.
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight for a chance to win an ARC of The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye
- Jessica @ a GREAT read is celebrating eight years of blogging with a big giveaway!
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a $50 gift card and more in honor of the new year!
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!