This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Who’s ready for the New Year? I don’t know if I am, but I’m going to pretend. 🙂
Sorry if I’ve been more negative on the blog lately. Things have been stressful in our personal lives (and in our country) and it’s hard not to let that bleed over into what I do here. But I’ve always been an optimist, and I do truly believe that things will work out. Maybe not the way we planned or the way we thought they would, but in the end, we might be stronger for it. That’s my wish (and my prayer) for 2018.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
Since I decided to participate in Top 10 of 2017, my week was FULL of posts!
- Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag
- Top 10 of 2017: New-to-Me Authors
- Top 10 of 2017: Favorite Females
- 2017 End of Year Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Feel free to link up your December wrap-ups and ALL your 2017 year-end wrap-up posts this month!!
- Top 10 of 2017: Best Boys in Books
- 2018 Reading Challenge Sign-Ups and Wrap-Up of My 2017 Challenges
- Top 10 of 2017: Cover Love
- Top 10 of 2017: The Best of 2017!!
Next week on FYFA:
- I have a bite-sized review post written that will go up at some point. And my December wrap-up. And another 2017 wrap-up? Or two? Too much? I can’t decide!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- December 31st – Lost in My Library’s Blogoversary
- January – Rachel @ Chocolate and Chapters’ Birthday
- January – The Emerald City Book Review’s Blogoversary
- January 1st – Based on a True Story’s Blogoversary
- January 1st – Sarah Withers Blogs’ Blogoversary
- January 1st – The Reading Armchair’s Blogoversary
- January 3rd – Milky Way of Books’ Blogoversary
I’ve been trying not to request many books when I still have so many unread books, but I couldn’t resist Dread Nation or Heart of Iron. Really, I think I should be applauded for my self-control with all the “looking forward to in 2018” posts going up right now. (Don’t worry, I’m sure I’ll give in and request more soon.)
As soon as The Young Queens released, I immediately bought it and read it! Watch for a review (and maybe a short spoiler-free discussion?) coming up soon!! I also preordered The Queens of Fennbirn, which is the paperback copy of both novellas and is coming out in April at the same time as The Oracle Queen. AND I bought a bunch of books from The Book Outlet during their Boxing Day Sale, but I’ll tell you about those when I get them.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- I pretty much read anyone and everyone’s 2017 wrap-up posts this week. (Check out the link-up if you want to find some, and feel free to link up your own!)
Listed in order of release date. Any new deals that I just added to the list this week will be denoted with a *** so you can easily find them!
Please note: Almost all pre-order giveaways run “while supplies last,” so I can’t guarantee that they’ll be open until the date listed. Pre-0rder early for your best chance to get all the goodies!
- ***Pre-order LOVE SUGAR MAGIC: A DASH OF TROUBLE by Anna Meriano to receive delicious goodies! (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order CHAINBREAKER by Tara Sim to receive Character cards of Meena, Akash, and Zavier, as well as a bookmark and a special quote print! (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order HEART ON FIRE by Amanda Bouchet to receive a limited edition poster! (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order MEET CUTE by various authors, including Jennifer L. Armentrout, Dhonielle Clayton and Katie Cotugno, to receive a set of 6 pins based on the cover! (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order YOU’LL MISS ME WHEN I’M GONE by Rachel Lynn Solomon to receive a bookmark, a signed bookplate with evil eye pattern, and an exclusive short story that catches up with the protagonists five years later. You’ll also be entered to win a themed prize pack. (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order THE CRUEL PRINCE by Holly Black to receive a signed bookplate, enamel pin & bookmark. (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order NICE TRY, JANE SINNER by Lianne Oelke to receive a signed bookmark, two stickers, and a chance to win much, more more. (ends 11/7)
- Pre-order UNEARTHED by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner to receive an exclusive e-short set before the events of These Broken Stars, an autographed bookplate especially designed to go in your book, and a chance to get your name the sequel to Unearthed! (ends 1/8)
- Pre-order TRULY DEVIOUS by Maureen Johnson from select bookstores to receive a signed copy and an exclusive Maureen Johnson Detection Club sticker (ends 1/15)
- Pre-order LOVE, HATE AND OTHER FILTERS by Samira Ahmed to receive a custom button set! (Plus a signed, personalized copy and a hand-lettered art print, if you pre-order from Anderson’s) (ends 1/15)
- Pre-order IRON GOLD by Pierce Brown to receive an exclusive art print featuring the book’s characters! (ends 1/16)
- Pre-order ZENITH by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings to receive a Zenith necklace. (ends 1/16)
- Pre-order REIGN OF THE FALLEN by Sarah Glenn Marsh t0 receive a set of 7 beautiful character art cards, a bookmark and a signed bookplate. (ends 1/22)
- ***Pre-order MOONLIGHT SINS by Jennifer L. Armentrout to receive a limited edition signed swag pack. (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order LOLA DUTCH IS A LITTLE BIT MUCH and receive a digital package that includes: Coloring Pages, Paper Puppets, Mini Guided Learning Activities with Lola and much more! (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order REIGN THE EARTH by A.C. Gaughen to receive an exclusive map poster. (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order THE HAZEL WOOD by Melissa Albert to receive an exclusive set of 10 “tarot-inspired” character cards. (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order LOSING BRAVE by Bailee Madison & Stefne Miller to receive an exclusive swag pack, including a Bonus Chapter, exclusive video from Bailee Madison, and signed book poster! (ends 1/29)
- Pre-Order HEART OF IRON by Ashley Poston to receive 1 of 4 (or all 4, depending on where you order from) ultra-exclusive holographic character prints and a signed bookplate. (ends 2/26)
- Pre-order THE CASE FOR JAMIE by Brittany Cavallaro to receive a signed book and exclusive Charlotte Holmes swag. (ends 3/5)
- ***Pre-order THE MIDNIGHTS by Sarah Nicole Smetana to receive a postcard showcasing the beautiful cover, a fun bookmark, one randomly selected circle sticker, a signed bookplate, and the chance to win a grand prize pack! (ends 3/5)
- ***Pre-order IN HER SKIN by Kim Savage to receive a laptop decal and to be entered to win a custom-made Eponine Funko, as well as a Kindle Paperwhite! (ends 3/26)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- December Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up December discussion posts and enter to win the giveaway!
- November Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway (With a “Make Me Read It” Twist) – Last chance to enter to win!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Jennifer Armentrout is giving away 40 signed books!
- Head over to Angel’s Guilty Pleasures for the chance to win any 2018 release.
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win a Romance Prize Pack or a YA Prize Pack!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Midwinter’s Eve Giveaway Hop!
- Xpresso Reads is giving away a Kindle Paperwhite and a $50 gift card
- Head over to Kimberlyfaye Reads for a chance to win a Signed set of Christine Manzari’s Hearts of Stone series and a Misc. romance book bundle AND a Signed copy of The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
- Head over to Novel Knight for a chance to win a copy of Between the Blade and the Heart
- Enter to win a $500 gift card to the indie bookstore of your choice!
- Head over to Olivia’s Catastrophe for a chance to win a Finished Copy of The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily
- Once Upon a Twilight is giving away a box of 10 books! Check the post out for titles.
- Head over to YA Bibliophile for a chance to win books from the Witchlands Series by Susan Dennard!
- Enter to win this month’s NOVLbox from @TheNovl!
- Head over to Shooting Stars Mag for a chance to win a Box of Planner Supplies
- Lots of blogs participating in the New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Read It Forward is giving you the chance to win Look For Me by Lisa Gardner!
- It’s It Starts at Midnight’s four-year blogoversary!! Tell Shannon you love her and then enter her giveaway for (and I quote) “Whatever the Hell You Want (INT)“! (See why I love her so?)
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!