Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week was sort of up and down because I started it out by getting sick and was miserable for a few days. I spent those days mostly just binge watching ABC Family shows on Netflix. I finished up Switched at Birth, which I love – mostly because of the sign language. I also watched like twenty episodes of The Fosters. That show is kind of addictive, but I’m on the fence about whether or not I actually like it. The characters make me more than a little crazy. It’s supposed to be a positive example of a family with two moms, but they are so dysfunctional – the kids give the impression that they’re good, but they’re all pretty much delinquents (actually, the parents might as well be too) – so far the members of the family have: stolen ADHD meds and sold them, pretended to take expensive music lessons and kept the money, made fake IDs and sold them, bribed someone to change their testimony in a deposition, cheated on the grading of an exam, lied to the police, been shot, slept with a family member’s significant other and fallen off the wagon and possibly killed someone. That doesn’t include any of the actions of the foster child who’s actually been to Juvie (she kind of seems angelic next to the rest of the family). All of this happened in the first season. Um, yeah – they’re crazy. It might not be so bad if I wasn’t binge watching – every time they do something stupid, I just think, “You just did this other stupid thing like an hour ago!!” Yet I can’t stop watching. Guilty pleasure, anyone?
Okay, done with my rant about TV now. In other news, I got my issue with replying solved once Ashley over at Nose Graze was back from her vacation (she solved it in no time!) and went back and replied to all my comments for the week – I also commented back for most of them, but sorry if I missed anyone! If you’re still noticing any issues with the blog, please let me know in the comments. Also, we started school this past week. So far, so good – though I don’t have absolutely everything coordinated yet, I think we’re well on our way!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell (review)
- Get Real by Tellulah Darling (review & pre-order giveaway) – Still plenty of time for the pre-order giveaway!
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (5 Star reviewish type thing)
- Lead Me Not by Ann Gallagher (review)
- Spoilers Anyone? Let’s Discuss
ARC August Update: This week, for ARC August, I read: Get Real by Tellulah Darling, Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon and Lead Me Not by Ann Gallagher
Next week on FYFA:
Busy week here on the blog!! (As month ends often are!)
- August Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Going up later today!!
- Never Been Texted by Linda Joy Singleton (review & giveaway)
- September Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway
- The Body Institute by Carol Riggs (review & giveaway)
- The Foxglove Killings by Tara Kelly (review)
- August Wrap-Up
- Stepping Stones by Kacey Vanderkarr (review)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Jen at Bookavid asks about compensation in her post: #BloggerBlackmail: Do You Think Bloggers Have a Right to Get Paid?
- Chat Between Chapters shares a fun infographic about America’s Reading Habits.
- If you missed out on the Shattering Stigmas event that was going on at It Starts at Midnight, The Thousand Lives and Bookshelf Reflections, you definitely should. I STILL haven’t gotten through all of these amazing posts that focus on shattering the stigmas of mental illness.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- August Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up those last few August discussions and enter the giveaway!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- The Donor Blog Tour is giving away a Donor swag pack filled With SWAG and a signed book!
- Parajunkee’s View turned six and she’s celebrating by giving away a whole stack of books!
- The Social Potato is giving away TWO Preorders of Selected 2016 Titles.
- Enter to win a book of your choice at Wishful Endings!
- Clean Teen Publishing is giving away a mystery box of their books!
- Lisa over at Lisa Loves Literature is celebrating her 6th blogoversary with a giveaway!! Enter to win a book from The Book Depository!
- Danielle over at Love at First Page and Lili at Lili’s Reflections are finishing up their Summer of Series promotion. Check out all the giveaways!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is doing a really fun giveaway because she reached 1000 Bloglovin’ Followers! She has a US only giveaway AND and International giveaway!
- Nicole over at Quality Fangirls is hosting a BookCon giveaway. There are tons of different prizes like a signed Throne of Glass hardcover and lithograph poster, some TMI Swag, Illuminae and lots, lots more!
- Candace’s Book Blog and Pure Imagination have a weekly post called Saturday Situation, where people can link up their giveaways and reviews that need some more love. There are hundreds of posts listed there, so you should definitely check it out!.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Binge watching Netflix is the best thing to do when you’re sick! I hope you are feeling better. I had heard of that show The Fosters, but I have never seen it. It sounds interesting, that’s for sure.
Feel better, Nicole!
Oh man. Lots of people I know seem to have gotten this summer cold. It’s a bad way to end the summer and start the new school year. Hope you feel better soon!
Also, your comments form is still not remembering me so your web dev should look into the cookie there and find out what’s up.