My Goings-On in February:
I now share so many details in my Sunday Posts about everything that’s been going on that it feels really redundant to share here as well. And, I mean, mostly we’re just staying home. So I won’t share unless something exceptional happened during the month.
Here are the things stand out to me this month:
- I turned 47! Yikes!!
- My blogoversary was on 1/31, but I posted my giveaway on 2/1. This is the last week to enter!
- Agility Training with Digit – We’ve been doing agility training with Digit, and it’s so much fun! If you want to see a video, click this link to see my Sunday Post.
- I attended the online SCBWI Winter Conference and WriteOnCon. I’m actually still watching sessions from both of these since I have a month to watch.
- My friend Megan and I chose our mentee for round 8 of Author Mentor Match!
It’s time! @meganefreeman and I are delighted to announce we will be mentoring @AnneRellihan. Her #MG mss COUNTING BACKWARD is a heartwarming story of friendship, growing up, and finding hope, with a dash of HARRIET THE SPY & LOUISIANA’S WAY HOME thrown in for good measure. #AMM pic.twitter.com/aET4zVlaqJ
— Nicole Hewitt (@NicoleMHewitt) February 2, 2021
Features & Discussions:
February 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
Feed Your Fiction Addiction’s 8th Blogoversary Giveaway! – This is the last week to enter to win!!
January 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up (& Some December Updates Too)
Unbiased Reviews: Is There Such a Thing?
Fun with Spam #15 – These are some of my favorite posts to write. They’re so fun!!
February 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Giveaway
My 2021 Reading Progress:
I only read 4 books in February, so I’m 1 book behind on my Goodreads goal. (In my defense, I also read and gave critiques on two manuscripts, which takes a lot longer than just reading a book.)
February 2021 Reviews
I posted ten reviews in February. I’m still making my way through my Cybils reviews—I have lots more!
- City of the Plague God by Sarwat Chadda | Review
- Long Way Down: The Graphic Novel by Jason Reynolds and Danica Novgorodoff | Review
- Mia Mayhem Steals the Show! by Kara West| Review
- Mia Mayhem and the Super Family Field Day by Kara West | Review
- Mia Mayhem and the Super Switcheroo by Kara West | Review
- Dragon Assassin by Arthur Slade | Review
- The Girl Who Speaks Bear by Sophie Anderson | Review
- Mulan: Before the Sword by Grace Lin | Review
- Bones in the Wall by Susan McCauley | Review
- The Barren Grounds by David Alexander Robertson | Review
February Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
This month was hard because I loved CITY OF THE PLAGUE GOD, but I still had those Cybils reads hanging out there. I ended up going with MULAN, even though I read it awhile ago (and I also really loved THE GIRL WHO SPEAKS BEAR).
For YA, the choice was much easier since I only reviewed LONG WAY DOWN: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL (and I adored it!)
2021 Goals Progress:
Last year’s goals basically just gave me something to feel guilty about for most of the year, so I’m giving myself a break this year. The Discussion Challenge is my one and only goal for 2021.
Progress: 2/21-30 Discussions (Chatty Kathy)
I only posted one actual discussion this month, but I did also post my Fun with Spam post.
Don’t forget to link your February wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway!