The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Happy Fourth of July to everyone in the US! Yesterday we celebrated the kids’ July birthdays (my daughter Jade and three of her cousins) with family, so that was fun. My oldest daughter Jade is now 19!
- I deleted a post from the link-up. Okay, I have never done this before besides spam posts that sometimes slip in, but for the first time ever, I deleted a post that was linked up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. Then the person linked up again, and I had to delete it again and send an email explaining why. So I thought I’d explain my unofficial policy about that here. I’m not typically one to censor other people’s thoughts, but at the same time, I refuse to leave a link on my blog to something that I find hateful or just plain ignorant. If you’re planning to post a rant about LGBT people (or people of a particular race or ethnicity, for that matter), leave my link-ups out of it!
- What I Read:
- I started reading my AMM mentee’s latest draft of her MG manuscript.
- I read Greta’s Story; Wand, Paper, Scissors; and Dog Daze, all middle grade reads that I’ve had on my review shelf for a long while now. I also started reading Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore.
- I’m finished listening to Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston and now I’m listening to The Making of Biblical Womanhood by Beth Allison Barr,
- TV We Watched:
- Manifest. My husband told me about this show, and I started watching. I love what I’ve seen so far! Of course, my mom informed me that it got canceled without a real ending, so that’s incredibly disappointing. She says the creator of the show is trying to get a proper ending made, so I guess I can hope.
- America’s Next Top Model. I watched season 8 this week and started season 9.
A pic of Bella from yesterday, just because. Can you tell she was hot after playing outside? Look at that tongue! LOL!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- June 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Giveaway
- July 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- June 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up & Best of the Bunch
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- 7/4 – Paper Procrastinators‘ Blogoversary
- 7/7 – Erica Robyn @ Erica Robyn Reads‘ Birthday
- 7/7 – Game, Read, Teach‘s Blogoversary (Technically, it’s the blogoversary for Brittani’s old blog, Hope, Faith & Books, but I’m still counting it.)
- 7/8 – Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books‘ Birthday
- 7/9 – Metaphors and Moonlight‘s Blogoversary
Here are the books I’ve gotten over the last few weeks.
I received Jane Yolen’s Arch of Bone, illustrated by Ruth Sanderson. Thank you Tachyon Publications for the review copy!
I got The Woods Are Always Watching by Stephanie Perkins and How to Find What You’re Not Looking For
by Veera Hiranandani from Penguin Random House, The Witch Haven by Sasha Peyton Smith from Simon & Schuster, and Across the Desert by Dusti Bowling from Little, Brown Books.
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week: (I’ll probably be adding more, but I want to get this post up, so…)
Pre-order SMALL FAVORS by Erin A. Craig from Novel and receive a signed bookplate and the hand-dyed, silk-ribboned bookmark. (Ends 7/26) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order TRASHLANDS by Alison Stine OR request it from your local library to receive a sheet of temporary tattoos, sticker, and signed bookmark! (US only)(Ends 10/25) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order A BATHROOM BOOK FOR PEOPLE NOT POOPING OR PEEING BUT USING THE BATHROOM AS AN ESCAPE by Joe Pera, illustrated by Joe Bennett to receive a signed bookplate from the author and illustrator. (US/CAN)(Ends 11/15) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE FAMILY PLOT by Megan Collins from River Bend Bookshop to receive a signed copy and 3 custom vinyl stickers! (Ends 8/16) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order NEVER SAW YOU COMING by Erin Hahn from Nicola’s Books to receive a signed, personalized copy and a custom fairy wing temporary tattoo inspired by Meg Hennessey! (Ends 9/6) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order AT SUMMER’S END by Courtney Ellis from Blue Willow Books to receive a signed bookplate, a postcard, a bookmark with one of five classic Impressionist paintings, and a seed paper heart which can be planted to grow wildflowers! (Ends 8/9) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
None that I saw this week!
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the June or July 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the May or June Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway.
- Head over to Bookhounds YA for a chance to win COLD HEARTED
- Head over to iRead Book Tours for a chance to win James Dreadful and the Spell-Guardian and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Head over to XPresso Book Tours for a chance to win The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett & More Than a Number by Gracie Graham and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Head over to Literary Ramblings to enter to win a query letter or 10-page critique from Sacha Wunsch!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Sparkle Time Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to A Court of Coffee and Books for a chance INSTRUCTIONS FOR DANCING
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile. You can also win Other People’s Butterflies.
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win The Verdigris Pawn, Josephine Against the Sea, and The Worm Family Has its Picture Taken.
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review’s Giveaway Page for lots of giveaways!
- Lots of blogs participating in the July 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A $250 B&N gift card!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!