The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
- Writing: Still working hard on my latest draft! I have promised myself I will get it to my critique partners by the beginning of October, so I need to keep going!
- Shopping for homecoming dresses/suits and family picture outfits. I spent an inordinate amount of time this week looking at clothes online. We ordered a dress for Danielle and got a suit for Noah at a local store. We’re still working on shoes for Danielle. And we’re doing family photos (and Danielle’s senior pictures) next month, so I’ve also been looking at tons of options for that.
- What I Read:
- I read The Woods are Always Watching by Stephanie Perkins and started reading Pie in the Sky by Remy Lai.
- I continued listening to Shatter the Sky by Rebecca Kim Wells.
- TV We Watched:
- We finished watching Supernatural! We finished entire series!! I was pretty happy with the way they wrapped things up in the final two episodes—definitely bittersweet in some ways, but that seems fitting for this show.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- I didn’t manage to post this week, and as you can see, I’m barely getting this post up actually on Sunday!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
I totally forgot to update this section last week! (I think it’s the first time I’ve ever done that!) So I’m including last week’s special days and this week’s.
Nothing new this week!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- I didn’t make note of any this week. Sorry!
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week:
Pre-order THE ART OF RUNNING AWAY by Sabrina Kleckner OR request it from your local library to receive a bookmark, a postcard, and a digital short story. (INT) (Ends 11/15) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order WHEN NIGHT BREAKS by Janella Angeles to receive a double-sided duology bookmark, a playbill, a signed bookplate, a digital annotated chapter from Where Dreams Descend, and $1 donated to the Asian Mental Health Collective. Orders from An Unlikely Story will also be signed. (INTL) (Ends 10/4) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the September 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the August Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. You can also enter to win a copy of Squirrel Do Bad!
- Win a stack of reads for Latinx & Hispanic Heritage Month!
- Dedra @ A Book Wanderer is celebrating her 2nd blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Waves of Fiction is giving away 16 Young Adult Books!
- Amber @ Du Livre is celebrating ten years of blogging with a giveaway!
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win The Night When No One Had Sex, Hope Springs, and Lakesedge.
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Head over to Literary Ramblings to enter to win the September to Remember Giveaway Hop, Barefoot Dreams of Petra Luna, the Falling Into Leaves Giveaway Hop and a Nicole Eisenbraun Query Critique!
- Head over to JeanBookNerd for a chance to win MERMAID TEARS, and more!
- Head over to Bookhounds YA for a chance to win GHOST HUNTERS and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review’s Giveaway Page to win ‘Twas the Night Book Prize Pack and more!
- Lots of blogs participating in the September 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A Year of Audiobooks!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!