My Goings-On in September:
Here are the things that stand out to me this month:
- Working at Barnes & Noble! I’ve been working four days a week, and that’s been an adjustment. I’ve had a lot less time for blogging and blog-hopping. I absolutely love the job, though!
- Marathon training. I run the marathon on Sunday!! (Of course, I woke up yesterday with a cold. Ugh!)
- Writing things that I still can’t talk about. I know, I know, I keep saying that. I promise eventually I’ll be able to tell you everything. Eventually.
Features & Discussions:
My 2022 Reading Progress:
I read 11 books in September, bringing my total for the year to 101. I actually wasn’t really paying attention and was surprised to see that meant I’d hit my Goodreads goal for the year! I’ve also read 22 picture books and 6 manuscripts for fellow authors! (I don’t include either in my main Goodreads count.)
September 2022 Reviews
- Serwa Boateng’s Guide to Vampire Hunting by Roseanne A. Brown | Review
- Dressing Up the Stars: The Story of Movie Costume Designer Edith Head by Jeanne Walker Harvey, illustrated by Diana Toledano | Review
- Dear Wild Child: You Carry Your Home Inside You by Wallace J. Nichols, Wallace Grayce Nichols, illustrated by Drew BeckmeyerDrew Beckmeyer | Review
- Charlie Hernández & the Golden Dooms by Ryan Calejo | Review
September Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
I only posted four reviews this month. Yikes! But I guess that makes it easier to make a choice for my favorite, right? So, this month I chose Charlie Hernández & the Golden Dooms. I’ve actually really enjoyed this entire series so far!
2022 Goals Progress:
The Discussion Challenge is my one and only goal for 2022. (And I lowered it this year.)
Progress: 5/11-20 Discussions (Creative Conversationalist)
I wrote one Top Ten Tuesday post, which I think works as a discussion.
TOP TEN BOOKS WITH STUNNING TYPOGRAPHY!
MID-YEAR BERNIE’S BOOK BANK CHECK-IN: BOOKS I’VE DONATED THIS YEAR
MY NEW 2022 WRITING METHOD
2022 YA & MG VERSE NOVELS: A COMPLETE LIST & TEN I’VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO
DO YOU “SEE” A BOOK AS YOU READ? LET’S DISCUSS!
Don’t forget to link your September wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway!