Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist
(If you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)
This is a hard topic because I really do think that if you look hard enough, you could find a book about just about everything. So this is just a list of things I love to see in my books or would like to find more of!
- Witty banter – Give me a book with witty characters and you’ve got me hooked. I love to chuckle, snort and laugh out loud when I read my books!
- Good family dynamics – I’d love to read more YA books with families that actually love and support each other. Really, there are families like that out there!
- Cute kids – I’m a sucker for a cute kid in a book. A cute, precocious kid? Yep, I’m sold.
- Cute animals – You got it – I like cute things. Really, any kind of animals that play a major part in a story are a plus for me (I love fantasy books with animals), but if the animals are cute it’s a bonus! 🙂
- Diverse characters – I read recently that books with a minority character on the cover don’t sell as well and that makes me really sad. Maybe if more and more authors write really good diverse characters, it will make a difference!! I’m not saying that I want more books all about race relations or anything – I just want more diverse lead characters.
- Smart female characters – There are some out there, but I’d love to see even more!
- Strong friendships – I love to see a book that has really solid, strong friendships at its core. Friendships with witty banter are an added plus! 🙂
- Exotic locations – We’ve all gotta dream, right? I want to travel the world! But since I can’t, I want to read more paranormal stories (since I love those) in exotic locations!
- Unique superpowers – Give me something really interesting – something that should never work – and then make it work!
- Unicorns – Yep, you read that right. Unicorns. Come on, you know you loved them when you were a little girl (well, unless you’re a guy). I want a grown-up fairy story involving unicorns. It’s not so weird – okay, it is a little, but I’m going with it anyway.
So, what are you looking for?