The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
Last week on FYFA:
Well, I think I’ve mostly gotten used to WordPress now, though I’m definitely still discovering new things. I’m really happy with the switch overall. We’re in full swing with homeschooling now, so I have a little less time to hang out online, but I’m still trying to make my rounds around the blogosphere. Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- August Wrap-Up (Best of the Bunch) – Find out what my favorite August read was!
- Can’t Look Away by Donna Cooner (review)
- Let’s Discuss – I Don’t Read the Way I Used To – How have your reading habits changed since you’ve started blogging?
- The Undead: Playing for Keeps by Elsie Elmore (excerpt & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win!
- Feature & Follow Friday – So, You Wanna be a Writer?
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (review)
- September Random Read – See what Random.org chose for me this month!
Next week on FYFA:
- True North Book 3: Finding Now by Allie Juliette Mousseau (blitz & giveaway) – will be up in just a couple of hours!
- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini (review)
- Perfect for You by Ashelyn Drake (excerpt & giveaway)
- Divine Scales by Jennifer Blackstream (review & giveaway)
- Dare You To by Katie McGarry (review)
- Let’s Discuss – Why I Wish I Could Blog in Bed
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon! over at Wishful Endings – I think I’m going to join in on this one. It sounds like fun
- Why I Don’t Accept Review Requests over at Nose Graze
- My Trouble With TBRs and the Painful Truth over at Loving the Language of Literacy
- How Book Reviewing is like the X Factor over at Between My Lines – LOVED this post!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Guardians: The Girl by Lola StVil – Last chance to enter to win a $50 gift card!
- Gypsy by Trisha Leigh – Last chance to enter to win a $20 gift card and a copy of the book!
- Athena’s Ashes by Jamie Grey – Last chance to enter to win a $25 giveaway or the book!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Shayna Varadeaux Books & Reviews – Shayna’s got a whole month of giveaways going for her first blogoversary! This is a link to the first one, but make sure to check out all the others too!
- Kindle Giveaway – Enter over at I Am a Reader Not a Writer to win a Kindle or a gift card!
- Rabid Reads is having a 4th blogoversary giveaway that lasts the whole month long!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now?
Feel free to share them in the comments!
EEEE, so excited for Finding Mr. Darcy. Sounds so cute.
It does sound adorable – and this is giving me the motivation to FINALLY read Pride and Prejudice. I know – how could I not have read this book? Crazy!
Finding Mr Darcy looks like a cute read. I’m glad you are adjusting to WP easily, I found the same and I wouldn’t change for the world now. And as someone who does occasionly blog from bed, I look forward to next weeks discussion 🙂
Thanks for linking my post too!
Yes, I am loving WP – definitely glad I made the switch!! I loved your post, so I was happy to link to it – such fun!
Thank you so much for linking my TBR post. I look at your Sunday Post quite religiously for bookish news and giveaways, and I was so shocked to see mine. Congratulations on your move to WordPress. I hope you have a great week! 🙂
Glad to link to it! Your post caught my eye and I thought it was cute and fun – had to share!!
Finding Mr. Darcy sounds really cute (is there an echo here?)– I’ll have to keep my eye out for it! Have a great week!
Yes, there must be an echo. LOL! I think that just goes to show that Finding Mr. Darcy really does sound cute! 🙂
The blog looks great Nicole, you should be happy.
Enjoy your new read and being back to school with the kids!
I’m glad you’re getting used to WordPress. I love your look! I hadn’t heard about Finding Mr. Darcy but now I want to read it. I’m not sure why the Darcy books get me. I enjoyed Pride and Prejudice but I didn’t adore it as much as many people do but yet if a book has Darcy in the title I’m in. Good luck homeschooling. I hope everything is going smoothly. My husband sometimes gets offers for short term moves for his work and when the older kids are out of school we’ve talked about taking one of them. It’d be fun to live in Charleston, or Orlando/Cape Canaveral or Huntington Beach for 6 months. However, I’d have to homeschool the youngest and I’m a little nervous about that! Have a great week!
Homeschooling is great and it does give you a lot of flexibility. My husband’s job is pretty flexible and we’ve considered staying somewhere cool for a month or so, but my youngest is still in the public school system (he has special needs), so we’re still kind of bound by his schedule. I’ve considered pulling him now and again, but for now I’d be too nervous to homeschool him. But homeschooling the other two kids (who are 10 and 12) has been a lot easier than I thought it would be. I enjoy it!