Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Well, I’m headed off to RT next week (WOO HOO!!!), so this week was mostly spent editing (since I’m working on two books that are being published at the end of the month) and preparing. I actually scheduled posts, people! I know you’re all gasping at my sudden ability to plan ahead. Don’t worry – I’m sure it will wear off as soon as I get back.
Today we’re celebrating my daughter’s 11th birthday – and Mother’s Day, of course. Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there!!
Another highlight of the week was heading to the Scholastic Warehouse sale with my kids. They have an area marked off where you can fill a whole box for $25 and then everything else is 50-80% off! Then, if you spend $100, you get another $25 off. Pshaw! Not a problem! We came home with around 65 books plus a few little extras (small notepads and such that fit into the extra space in the box – they are NOT stingy about their boxes – if you can tape it closed, it counts. Plus, they let you add up to five oversized books to a bag at the top of the box.)
My kids (and I) were in heaven!!!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- Face Time by S.J. Pajonas (review)
- Top Ten Books I’ll (Probably) Never Read
- Ash and Ruin Series by Shauna Granger (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- A Matter of Heart by Amy Fellner Dominy (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win an autographed copy of the book!
- Let’s Discuss – To Redesign or Not to Redesign: I Need Your Help!
- Tagapalooza – To All the Tags I’ve Skipped Before (a mash-up of a bunch of different tags because I’m horrible about posting these!)
Next week on FYFA:
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge (review)
- Spelled by Betsy Schow (excerpt & giveaway)
- Let’s Discuss – My Kids LOVE to Reread!
Like I said, my kids and I bought about 65 books from the Scholastic Warehouse sale! I won’t list them all here (who has time for that!), but here are a few that I actually picked up there for myself (or to give away on the blog):
Both Room and The Host were in the $25 box area. I’ve heard of Room in the past, and I’m really intrigued by it – not sure when I’ll get around to reading it, but now that it’s on my shelf … The Host I’ve already read, but it’s a definite favorite of mine (loved it much more than Twilight) – I know I never reread, but it was there … and there was room in the box … What else was I supposed to do?
The hardcover of The Iron Trial was being sold as a spectacular price and both my kids loved it – might use this one as a giveaway on the site.
I didn’t know anything about Ready Player One, except that it looked like a book my son might like. I need to give it a read first to make sure it’s appropriate though. Just yesterday, I stumbled across this review on Tabitha’s blog Not Yet Read, and now I’m really excited to read it!!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Don’t miss out on the fun discussions happening on the 2015 Book Blog Discussion Challenge! Make sure you check them all out! Here are just a few of my recent favorites:
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- May 2015 Discussion Challenge Link-up & Giveaway – Link up your May discussions and enter to win a 2015 debut of your choice!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Over at Book Briefs, you have the chance to win one of five copies of Seriously Wicked! Isn’t this cover cute?
- To prepare for her move, Danielle over at Love at First Page is giving away a box of books!
- Enter to win a $50 Gift Card from Suzanne Johnson’s guest post at Rabid Reads.
- Lots of blogs participating in the May I Suggest Giveaway Hop!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!