Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Oops! Due to a scheduling snafoo this post is going up a bit late (I apparently scheduled it for tomorrow)!!
Halloween means lots of fun for the kids – even though they’re getting older, they still love Halloween and everything involved! My older two got to go to an overnight event at our church the night before – they literally stay up all night, so they were pretty tired for Halloween! Nothing else too new this week, except that I started editing Allie Juliette Mousseau’s next book in the Brothers of Ink and Steel series – I love it when I’m just as excited as the rest of her readers to read her next book! 🙂
I JUST realized now that I totally forgot to post a discussion this week. I don’t know why, but it didn’t even occur to me! Oops!
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Return Once More by Trisha Leigh (Review & Giveaway) – Still time to win a $30 gift card and a swag pack!
- October Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Make sure you stop by to link up your October wrap-up posts! The giveaway will be up next week.
- Gabriel by Nikki Kelly (Review & Giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a finished copy of the book!
- Bite Sized Reviews: Don’t Touch, What I Thought Was True and Stepping Stones
- October Wrap-Up
I was also featured over at Tripping Over Books for the Fortnight of Fright Event! Make sure to check out the post to read about my new obsession with The Walking Dead and why I think zombie books aren’t really about the zombies.
Next week on FYFA:
- The Book of Ivy and The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel (Review & Engel’s Top Ten Addictions)
- Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn (Review & Dunn’s Top Ten Addictions)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Cilla at Paved with Books talks about her love of perusing shelves in her post Physical or Virtual Bookshops?
- Charlie at Girl of 1000 Wonders ponders the value of Interviews and Guest Posts.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- YA Fandom Frenzy Recap & Giveaway!! – Last chance to enter to win a signed hardcover of Firewalker by Josephine Angelini!
- October Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Link up your discussion posts and enter to win!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Kimberly over at Caffeinated Book Reviewer is giving away a book of your choice with her Halloween Booktacular Giveaway!
- Rebel Mommy Book Blog is participating in the tour for The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett. Enter to win a signed copy!
- Watch the trailer for Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn and enter to win a $10 gift card!
- Val at The Innocent Smiley has a fun game where she talks about the plots from books from her childhood. You can win a book of your choice!
- Literary Meanderings is helping spread the word about this giveaway for Advanced Copies of THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS, chalk board + chalk.
- YA Bibliophile is helping spread the word about the Join the Resistance giveaway, where you can enter to win a copy of Cinder and a prize pack just in time for the release of Winter by Marissa Meyer.
- Harper is giving away almost ALL of its Winter 2016 books in the Harper Winter 2016 Tour!
- Deadly Darling is celebrating two years of blogging with a giveaway!
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight is celebrating her second blogoversary and giving away any book she’s reviewed on the blog AND a pre-order of one of her must-read upcoming titles!
- Pre-order a signed copy of Soundless by Richelle Mead (at select Indie bookstores) and you can get an exclusive cover!
- Celebrate the finale of the Starbound Trilogy by contributing to the #starboundlove project! You could win an ultra-rare hand-annotated hardcover of These Broken Stars, the book that started it all, plus a ton of other goodies. This looks like such a fun contest!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!