Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Hope you all had a very merry Christmas (or happy holidays if you don’t celebrate Christmas). We had a really nice time with our extended family, who we don’t get to see all that often lately, it seems. Now that we’re all gifted out (I’m pretty sure a wrapping paper bomb went off in our house), it’s time to get back to life as usual. I’m working on a new proofread for Booktrope and need to get myself ready for our homeschool co-op classes to start back up on January 4th. Things will be slow here on the blog until then probably, but I do have a few things planned and/or scheduled.
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Bite Sized Reviews – Snow Like Ashes and Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
- Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year
- Forgotten World by Kate L. Mary – Review
- Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries Calendar is LIVE!
- December and Year-End Wrap-Up Round-Up – Link up your December and Year-End Wrap-Up posts here and watch for the giveaway to be posted here on FYFA on January 7th!
Next week on FYFA:
- Bite Sized Reviews & Giveaway: Dark Hope, A Memory of Light and Those Who Remain
- Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer – Review
- December Recap
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are all the birthdays and blogoversaries coming up next week. I hope you’ll stop on by their blogs and send them some cheer in honor of their special days!! (And check out the calendar to see who you might have just missed or who’s coming up.)
- Dec 27th – Silvara @ Fantasy of the Silver Dragon‘s Birthday!
- Jan 1st – Based on a True Story’s Blogoversary!
- Jan 1st – The Emerald City Book Review’s Blogoversary!
- Jan 1st – The Reading Armchair’s Blogoversary!
Thanks to Random House/Penguin for sending me this one – pic linked to Goodreads (My mom was fun and wrapped it and put it under the tree for me.)
And these were from NetGalley and/or for upcoming blog tours.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Cait @ Paper Fury was nominated for the Epic Reads 2015 Book Shimmy Awards. It’s in the Final Rounds now (as of Christmas), so even if you voted in the semi-finals, you should go back and vote in this round!!
- Jillian over at Chasing Faerytales asks Can Readers Interpret Literature Differently?
- Tonya over at Lilybloombooks talks about Blog Tours and Commenting Back (which I thought I’d already linked up to, but I don’t see it – but I figured it was worth recommending even if I was doing it twice.)
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight asks Does Your Mood Affect Your Rating?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- The Undays of Aralias Lyons by K.L. Horvath – Still time to enter to win a signed paperback!
- Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat – Still time to enter to win a $20 Amazon gift card!
- Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book and an advance copy of the second book in the series!
- This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp (Review & Giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a Polaroid camera (and to get a lanyard if you pre-order!)
- December Discussion Challenge Link-up and Giveaway – Link up your December discussion posts and enter to win a surprise book (you tell us a few books you’d like and we’ll surprise you with one of them)!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- It’s YA Midnight Reads’ third blogoversary and they’re celebrating with a giveaway. There’s one for Aussie readers and one INT!
- Bittersweet Enchantments is participating in a cover reveal and they’re giving away the first ARC of GOING GEEK by Charlotte Haung
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight is giving away bookish Christmas presents on her blog!
- For that same tour, Michelle over at Book Briefs is giving 3 (INT) winners an exclusive copy of the UK edition of the second Mila Gray book, THIS IS ONE MOMENT
- Don’t miss the December New Release Giveaway Hop!
- A Soul Unsung is participating in the tour for Cameron Jace’s Insanity Series, and they’re giving away A Paperback copy of the Insanity Series boxed set
- Heidi over at YA Bibliophile is giving away one of her Top Ten Reads of 2015.
- And Danielle over at Love at First Page is doing that too!
- Lost in Lit is celebrating its five year blogoversary with a giveaway – a 2016 pre-order!
- Over at Once Upon a Twilight, Random House Kids is giving away an Autographed Set of All Three Books in James Dashner’s The Mortality Doctrine series
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a SIGNED ARC of Of Light and Darkness
- Cait is celebrating one year of being Paper Fury with a giveaway!
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a Kindle Paperwhite and a $50 gift card!
- Cynthia is celebrating Bingeing on Books’ first blogoversary by giving away any book she’s reviewed!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!