Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This summer has been crazy busy for me! Between having Carmen here from Spain, driving the kids to their various appointments and activities and schoolwork that we’re still taking care of (including my youngest’s special reading program, which takes an hour and a half a day), I feel like I’m running myself ragged. This week, I only managed to get two posts up (and, as you can see, my Sunday Post is going up much later than usual). I was thinking of working on another one, but decided to instead spend the extra time I had visiting other blogs and commenting. That will probably be my strategy next week as well because I know I’m going to be limited on time again.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog:
- Audiobook Acceleration – Let’s Discuss! (And a Poll!) – I want to know what speed you listen to audiobooks on. Take my poll!
- Bite-Sized Reviews – Truly Madly Guilty, Rebel of the Sands, Thieving Weasels
Next week on FYFA:
- Once again, not much. Hopefully a couple of reviews. Or something.
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
A few birthdays and blogoversaries this week! I hope you’ll visit these folks and congratulate them on their special days! Check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
- July 20th – Boats Against The Current‘s Blogoversary
- July 20th – Mostly YA Lit‘s Blogoversary
- July 22nd – Lloyd @ The Book Sage‘s Birthday
- July 23rd – Wendy @ Falconer’s Library‘s Birthday
I won Unbound from the Diverse Readathon giveaway at I Heart Romance and YA. Thanks so much, Zeee! (I got a physical copy, but didn’t have a chance to take a picture of the actual book – so this will have to do.)
Thanks to Random House Kids for Supergirl at Super Hero High! My daughter already read it and loved it! I’ll be reading it soon!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some of my favorite discussions I’ve read this week:
- Cait over at Paper Fury wrote about 10 Things Book Bloggers Should Not Be Worrying About and Why You Should Definitely Write A Book
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight talks about Swag With Swagger: Bookish Crap You’ll Actually Use
- Laura at Boats Against the Current tells us 5 Little Things [She’s] Done To Boost [Her] Blog
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally – Review & Giveaway
- The Siege by Mark Alpert – Review & Giveaway
- July Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway! – Link up your July discussions and enter to win!
- June Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway – Check out some June wrap-up posts and enter to win!
- Pre-order THE TELLING by Alexandra Sirowy and get exclusive swag!
- Pre-order AS I DESCENDED by Robin Talley to receive bookmarks and stickers featuring the book’s beautiful cover, plus a signed bookplate!
- Pre-order FOREVER DOON by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon and get some awesome exclusives!
- Pre-order FATAL IDENTITY by Marie Force and enter to win a Bookclub Skype visit with Marie Force + $250 Visa card + backlist of the Fatal series.
- Pre-order STEALING SNOW by Danielle Paige to receive a compact mirror!
- Pre-order Sarah J. Maas’s EMPIRE OF STORMS to receive a ToG notebook and/or preorder THE THRONE OF GLASS COLORING BOOK and get a ToG coloring pencils set!!
- Pre-order YOU WILL KNOW ME by Megan Abbott and Little, Brown Books will send you a free copy of one of her paperbacks!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Head over to Read Write Love 28 for a chance to win a Preorder of Signs of You by Emily France! (INT okay as long as BD sends)
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight for a chance to win a complete set of signed first edition Air Awakens Hardcovers OR a Paperback of ANY Air Awakens Book; 2 e-book copies and Bookmarks
- Head to BeachBoundBooks for a chance to win All Six Books in the Theodore Boone Series Plus a Custom Legal Pad & Membership in the Theodore Boone Fan Club.
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks has created a Middle Grade Madness link-up. Link-up your reviews of middle grade books (or comment on linked reviews) and enter to win one! You can link up July reviews on this post.
- Novel Ink is celebrating it’s 4 year blogoversary with a giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!