Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
The only thing to report this week is that I’m still on track with NaNo. I should finish my 50k in the next couple of days (and then finish the book soon after). We had a nice Thanksgiving—just us (me, my husband, my kids and my mom), but there’s nothing too exciting to report about it. Except … yum!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Scythe Review: AKA An Ode to Neal Shusterman – Find out why I LOVED this book!
- Why I’m So Thankful for the Book Blogging Community – Posted as part of #TheThanksUGive
- Bite-Size Reviews: The Stranger Game, What Light, Everyday Magic, The Lying Planet
- November Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-up – Link up your November wrap-up posts here!
Next week on FYFA:
- Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin – Review
- November Recap
- December Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂 (Probably. If I can manage it. With NaNoWriMo, my discussion posts might be limited this month.)
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
First of all, I need to say sorry to the people whose birthdays and blogoversaries that I missed this past week since I didn’t do a regular Sunday Post. I know I was feeling low, but that doesn’t mean my blogger friends shouldn’t have been celebrated. I hope you’ll still go wish them well—better late than never, right?
Check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
This week’s events:
- November 27th – Bregje @ Books are Stories and B A Reader‘s Birthday
- November 28th – Lila @ The Bookkeeper’s Secrets‘ Birthday
- December 2nd – Samantha @ The Book Disciple‘s Birthday
For Review (From NetGalley):
I actually won this from Lisa Loves Literature awhile back, but I forgot to post a thank you, so I thought I’d put it up here now! Thanks, Lisa!!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some posts I especially loved this week:
- Check out #TheThanksUGive, a bookish Thanksgiving celebration!
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight shares this Indie & Self Published Author Appreciation Post
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares these fun lists of 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Australian Book Bloggers and 10 Reasons Reading Will Absolutely Improve Your Life
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- This isn’t technically on my blog, but make sure you head over to the October Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway, which is being hosted over at Lisa Loves Literature!
- Bloodmoon by Aurora Whittet – Still time to enter to be one of five winners to get the Bloodmark Prize Package that contains 1 signed hardcover copy of Bloodmark, Bloodmark Saga Temporary Tattoos (set of 3) and a Bloodmark Saga bookmark
- November Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your November discussions and enter to win!
- Pre-order CARAVEL by Stephanie Garber and get a special free gift from the author and a signed, personalized copy.
- Pre-Order WINDWITCH by Susan Dennard to be eligible to receive a free pair of Windwitch-themed socks, patch and a signed bookplate!
- Pre-order CRYSTAL STORM by Morgan Rhodes and get a set of Falling Kingdoms buttons!
- Pre-order WAYFARER by Alexandra Bracken and receive a personalized holiday card from Bracken, as well as an 8×10 print.
- Preorder THE EDGE OF EVERYTHING by Jeff Giles to receive a keepsake metal bookmark!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Cynthia over at Book Binges is celebrating her blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm is returning to blogging and celebrating with a giveaway of up to £40 of books from Book Depository (INT)
- Lots of blogs participating in the Black Friday Book Bonanza Giveaway Hop!
- Share in the I Hope You Forgive Me event and enter to win a copy of HELLO? and AFTERMATH
- Head over to Metaphors and Moonlight for a chance to win a signed paperback of Mad God Walking
- There are tons of prizes in this YA Reader Giveaway Blitz!
- It’s Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight’s Birthday and she’s celebrating with a big giveaway!!
- Rinn Reads is running a Sci-Fi Month event and there are a few giveaways going on: Any book on the TBD, Convergence by Michael Patrick Hicks, and a signed copy of New Pompeii by Daniel Godfrey
- Swoony Boys Podcast and Fiction Fare have teamed up for a big Happy Thanksgiving Hop and they’re each giving away ten books!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Super Stocking Stuffer Giveaway Hop!
- Shooting Stars Mag has a few new Harry Potter giveaways going on right now! You can enter to win Harry Potter soap, a Fantastic Beasts Prize Pack, and a Harry Potter Beanie.
- It’s My Thoughts Literally’s blogoversary and she’s celebrating with a giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I’m so happy that you’ve stuck with NaNoWriMo and that you’re on track to win AND finish your book! That’s super exciting! I hope that revisions go well for you and let me know if you need any help with anything. 🙂
I’m glad to hear you’re NaNo is doing good!
Also, I am a bit late, haven’t been visiting blogs much this past two weeks, but Happy Thanksgivig! 🙂
Nice! Glad to hear NanNo is going good for you! And yay a new read! One that won’t topple the TBR pile either! Lol! I didn’t do too bad with adding one review book and the ones from my Secret Sister! The only one I bought for myself was a keeper copy! Lol! Hope you enjoy the new read!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
WOW Lots of great pre-order stuff. I hope you love all of your new books. Have a great weekend.
Grace @ Books of Love
Good job on keeping up with NaNo! Hopefully you get more time for blogging at leisure once the book is done! *contented sigh* I can’t wait to be at that point. Sure looks like a busy few weeks in the blogosphere with all those giveaways! Thanks for linking them ?
That’s awesome you’ll “win” Nano and finish your book soon! Congrats. I’m glad you had a nice, low key, Thanksgiving.
Yay for being on track for NaNo!!! Hope you have a great week and happy reading!
Congrats on NaNo, best luck with the last few days. How exciting! And glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
awesome job on the nano!
Have a great week!
Looks like a good week. It is good to be on track for Nano. Keep up the good work!
Congratulations on your giveaway wins.
Hope you got something good with the gift card!
Glad to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving and that NaNo is still going well 🙂 And congrats on winning the gift card! Have a great week 🙂
Congrats on finishing up NaNo! You writers are crazy. 🙂