Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
I managed to fix that error in the Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Up post that I mentioned last week. I finally figured out that it was the form that you fill out if you want email reminders that was causing it, so I changed that to a link instead of having the form directly on the page. I still have no idea why I was able to update the post just fine for the first two months and then it suddenly stopped working. Ah, technology. Anyway, the link to the March link-up is now in its normal place on the sign-up post if you’re looking for it!
This week was fun—my daughter got to lead a song for worship team for our middle school/high school ministry on Tuesday (though there were some technical issues that threw her off a bit, she picked it up and rolled with it once she got past that). And then they also had a contest to see who could wear the most green for (an early) St. Patrick’s Day competition. She got totally into it—she knitted a scarf, a bracelet and a belt, and made a skirt (which we’re also going to use for our upcoming pioneer play for our homeschool co-op). She won a $25 prize and she was SO excited! It’s fun to see my kids enjoying life!
Plus, my son and I have had a good two weeks of no arguing and he’s actually letting me help him with some of his school stuff that he was struggling with (mainly memorizing Japanese vocabulary—we’ve come up with some very fun and crazy mnemonics!). I’m hoping the peace lasts …
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop: Review
- Sad Perfect by Stephanie Elliott: An Enlightening Book with Some Problematic Elements – Review
- February Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway! – Come by and enter to win a book from my giveaway/trade list!
- Is There Such a Thing as a “Quick Post”? Let’s Discuss!
- Two #ownvoices Reads: The Hate U Give and The Education of Margot Sanchez – Reviews
Next week on FYFA:
- Books 2, 2.5 & 3 of the Daydreamer Detective Series by S.J. Pajonas: Review & Pajonas’s Top Ten Addictions (Once again, I meant to get this up last week, but didn’t manage it because I realized I had missed a review for Sad Perfect. This week for sure!)
- Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse – Review, giveaway and Vinesse’s Top Ten Addictions
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Lots of birthdays and blogoversaries again this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
I know I said I’m already drowning in review books, but I couldn’t resist these—and most of them are sequels. First off, there’s Avenged by Amy Tintera. I have to confess that I’ve yet to read Ruined (even though I got it from Edelweiss AND have heard amazing things about it), but this is the push I need to read BOTH of them! Next is Redux by A.L. Davroe, which I already read because I was in the mood for some sci-fi (it was great!). London Bound is the latest from one of my favorite Aussie authors: C.J. Duggan. The Gauntlet is the final book in The Cage Trilogy. Woo hoo! The Crown’s Fate is Evelyn Skye’s 2nd in the duology and I am THRILLED to read it! And, finally, Coming Up for Air is Miranda Kenneally’s latest—and I have to read ALL of her books. Always.
So, see I have really good excuses.
I had somehow missed the first book in Duggan’s newest New Adult standalone series, but Paris Lights is free right now! You should go get it. I did. (The link will bring you to Amazon, in case you need a little extra push.)
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are a few posts I loved this week:
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight gives us a fun take on Book Blogger Evolution
- Head over to Molly’s Booknook for great posts that list 5 Ways to Make Other Bloggers Smile and 9 Tips for Thinking Up Post Ideas
- Did you know that Please Feed the Bookworm is now Brittersweet Reads? I didn’t, and I was wondering where Brittany had disappeared to!
- Lory @ Emerald City Book Reviews asks What is Fiction For?
- Pre-order STRANGE THE DREAMER by Laini Taylor to receive a FREE original signed bookplate (a decorative label hand-signed by Laini Taylor to place in your copy of the book) and an EXCLUSIVE character decal (the first in a collectible series!) (ends 3/27)
- Pre-order A CROWN OF WISHES by Roshani Chokshi and receive a free copy of her upcoming 100 page short story, “Death and Night.” (ends 3/14)
- Pre-order ALEX AND ELIZA: A LOVE STORY by Melissa de la Cruz to receive a custom pin and signed bookplate! (ends 4/10)
- Pre-order GIRL IN DISGUISE by Greer Macallister and you’ll receive a designed, autographed bookplate and an exclusive poster!
You’ll also be entered to the win a GRAND PRIZE! (ends 3/20),
- Pre-order A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN by Sarah J. Maas and receive an exclusive color poster of the official map! (ends 5/1)
- Pre-order GIRL OUT OF WATER by Laura Silverman and receive a signed postcard and playlist. You will also be entered to win one of two prize packs and one grand prize prize pack containing a $25 B&N gift card. (ends 5/1)
- Pre-order THE CROWN’S FATE by Evelyn Skye, and you can get a limited edition bookmark and a set of 3 stickers–Team Vika, Team Nikolai, and Team Pasha! Plus, there’s an additional giveaway if you order from Kepler’s. (ends 5/15)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- March Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your March discussions here and enter the giveaway!
- So You Say It’s Your Birthday? It’s My Birthday (and Blogoversary) Too! – Come enter the giveaway!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Since I reminded Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books last week that it was her blogoversary, she decided to host a giveaway! LOL!
- With Love for Books always has a million giveaways going on. I’m not even going to try to list them all—just head over there and check them out!
- It’s Rebel Mommy Book Blog’s blogoversary, and she’s having a giveaway to celebrate!
- It’s Book Briefs’ 6th blogoversary and Michelle is celebrating with a huge giveaway!
- Head over to Happily Ever Chapter to enter to win 50 YA Books in the YALit Giveaway (INT). (Note that you’ll be subscribed to the sponsoring authors’ mailing lists, and there are a lot of them!)
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a $50 gift card and more in honor of the new year!
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!