So, now that my blog has been around for four years, I’ve noticed something—a lot of blogs (and bloggers) have disappeared over these four years. I know it’s the natural progression of things—people move on to new hobbies, new stages of life, new life goals, and blogging gets pushed the side—but it still somehow surprises me when I go through my Bloglovin’ or my Twitter and see so many blogs that have been inactive for months. Sometimes the blogger has posted a goodbye message and sometimes the blog has just sort of faded away … forgotten.
Every once in awhile I’ll run across a blogger name that brings back memories and I’ll think, “Hey, I haven’t seen so-and-so around in awhile. I should go check out what’s happening with them.” It makes me a little bit sad when I find that their blog is dusty and abandoned (which, I guess explained why I hadn’t seen them around or noticed any new posts from them in a while).
I was actually in the midst of writing a different post about the early years of my blog when I started seeing some old familiar commenters. For the heck of it, I checked some of them out, and the results were a bit disheartening (LOTS of the bloggers I checked into were gone).
But, I did find that some of these bloggers are still out there, even if I’ve lost touch. I decided to take a look at their blogs and see if they still appeal to me (they read similar books or post discussions). I made a list of some that I want to try to reconnect with a bit. Who knows if this will build any lasting relationships, but I think it will be fun to at least check these blogs out!
So, here are some of the bloggers who commented on my blog in my first three months of blogging:
(I chose that amount of time randomly—it was just a convenient cut-off point)
Some of my earliest commenters who are still blogging, but I’ve lost touch with them:
I’ve made a pact with myself to check out these blogs again. They supported me when I was just a baby blogger!!
- Mary @ Book Hounds
- Angela @ Angela’s Anxious Life
- Amber @ Paradise of Pages
- Emily @ Reader Rising
- Jennifer @ Donnie Darko Girl
- Kate and Kristen @ The Book Monsters
- Natalie @ Natflix & Books
- Becky @ No More Grumpy Bookseller
Some of my earliest commenters who I’m still at least marginally in touch with (via at least occasional comments—some of these bloggers I still interact with more than others):
I’m going to try to reconnect with some of these bloggers a bit more again!
- Mandy @ The Reading Diaries
- Michelle @ Because Reading Is Better than Real Life
- Alyssa @ The Eater of Books
- Sabrina @ The Forest of Words and Pages
- Rachel @ The Nerd Herd Reads
- Nikki @ There Were Books Involved
- JC @ JC’s Book Haven
- Annette @ Annette’s Book Spot
- Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider Silk
- Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl
- Trish @ Between My Lines
- Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace – I absolutely love Naomi and she is a super supportive blogger. Our reading tastes both ended up evolving a bit—she reads mostly adult and new adult and I’m reading mostly YA—so I don’t chat with her nearly as much anymore, but lots of my fondest early blogging memories involve her!
And then there’s ONE blogger who was one of my very earliest commenters and who I still interact with often. Plus, I’ve met her in real life! She deserves some special recognition, right?
Jessica @ a GREAT read
Wait! One more – Kim @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer also commented on my blog in it’s first three months as well, and I can be found on her blog often—at the very least, every Sunday for the Sunday Post (and she still always comments back!).
Have you ever looked back at some of your first commenters to see which bloggers are still around? Are you still in contact with some of your earliest supporters? I want to know!