This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Merry Christmas! And for those of you who don’t celebrate Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
Most of this week was spent last-minute Christmas shopping and other Christmas preparation. Did you know that in order for people to receive gifts from you, you have to first purchase them? And then wrap them? Apparently, I thought all that was going to happen by itself this year, because I still had a whole lot of stuff to do this week with not a lot of time to do it. I believe I got it all done, and Christmas can still happen, so I guess that’s okay.
I did also manage to make quite a few updates to my Master List of 2019 Reading Challenges, so make sure you check that out!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- My (Everlasting) Quest to Catch Up on Review Books. Let’s Discuss. – I only got one post up, but at least it’s a discussion. 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- December 26th – Melissa @ Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf‘s Birthday
Nothing this week!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Jessie @ Weres Wanna Know asks Do You Go Into Books Blind?
- AJ @ Read All the Things tells us She’d Love To Read About: Christmas Traditions
- Esther @ BiteIntoBooks is hosting the Goodreads Your Year in Books Meme
Listed in order of release date. Any new deals that I just added to the list this week will be denoted with a *** so you can easily find them!
Please note: Almost all pre-order giveaways run “while supplies last,” so I can’t guarantee that they’ll be open until the date listed. Pre-0rder early for your best chance to get all the goodies!
- Pre-order EVERMORE by Sara Holland to receive 1 of 3 Exclusive Character Cards, a signed bookplate, and access to an exclusive online interview with Sara Holland (filled with spoilers and juicy details!). Plus, you’ll be entered to win more. (INT)(ends 12/30)
- Pre-order FIRESTARTER by Tara Sim (or request for your library to purchase it) to receive an exclusive poster of Danny and Colton by artist TJ Ryan. (INT)(ends 12/31)
- Pre-order THE GILDED WOLVES by Roshani Chokshi to receive a pack of character tarot cards designed by Yoshi Yoshitani. (US/CAN only)(ends 1/6)
- Pre-order TWO CAN KEEP A SECRET by Karen M. McManus to receive an exclusive short story set in the aftermath of ONE OF US IS LYING, “The Bayview Four: Where Are They Now?” (US only)(ends 1/7)
- Pre-order WHEN THE TRUTH UNRAVELS by RuthAnne Snow (or request for your library purchase it) to receive a signed bookplate and an art print (first 50). Plus you’ll have the chance to win more if at least 200 people enter. (US only)(ends 1/7)
- Pre-order THE WICKED KING by Holly Black to receive an enamel pin and bookmark. (US only)(ends 1/7)
- Pre-order THE WINTER OF THE WITCH by Katherine Arden to receive a signed bookplate. (US only)(ends 1/7)
- Pre-order EVEN IF I FALL by Abigail Johnson to receive a bookmark, a signed bookplate, a cloud charm necklace with quote card and a digital copy of the original flash fiction piece that inspired the book. (INTL)(ends 1/7)
- Pre-order BLACK ENOUGH edited by Ibi Zoboi to receive an exclusive BLACK ENOUGH themed button, courtesy of Epic Reads! (US only)(ends 1/7)
- Pre-order ANALIESE RISING by Brenda Drake to receive a signed bookplate, bookmark, sticker, and a couple’s Red String of Fate bracelet set. (ends 1/9)
- Pre-order CRISIS DESSERTED by Katherine Laurin to receive a signed bookmark and sticker. (ends 12/31)
- Pre-order THE BLOOD SPELL by C.J. Redwine from Parnassus Books to receive a signed and personalized copy and a free gift. (ends 1/10)
- Pre-order LOLA DUTCH: WHEN I GROW UP by Kenneth Wright to receive a PDF “Curiosity Kit” which will include activities, games, lesson plans, arts and crafts and other fun interactive play for children to enjoy alongside the book! (INTL)(ends 1/14)
- Pre-order ECHO NORTH by Joanna Ruth Meyer to receive a bookmark, sticker, magnet, postcard with original artwork, and a signed bookplate. (US only)(ends 1/14)
- Pre-order STAIN by A.G. Howard to receive the “Alice the Absent” short story, a rose enamel pin, and a signed bookplate. (US only)(ends 1/14)
- Pre-order OUR YEAR OF MAYBE by Rachel Lynn Solomon to receive a bookmark, signed bookplate, vinyl sticker, and adorable dandelion enamel pin! (INT)(ends 1/14)
- Pre-order SONG OF THE DEAD by Sarah Glenn Marsh to receive a signed bookmark, an 11×17 beautiful map of the world of the Reign of the Fallen series (art by Jessica Khoury), and four new character cards including everyone’s favorite bear, Lysander! (art by Jo Painter) (INTL)(ends 1/21)
- Pre-order THE BIRDS, THE BEES, AND YOU AND ME by Olivia Hinebaugh to receive an enamel pin. (US Only)(ends 1/21)
- Pre-order THE KINGDOM OF COPPER by S.A. Chakraborty to receive a short story that takes place between this and the first book in the series. (INT)(ends 1/21)
- Pre-order CIRCLE OF SHADOWS by Evelyn Skye to receive a set of Limited Edition character art and a chance to win a $1,000 VISA gift card! (US only)(ends 1/21)
- Pre-order THE FINAL SUMMONS by the New England Speculative Writers to receive cell phone and computer backgrounds as well as a Sci-Fi and Fantasy story collection by the group. (INT)(ends 1/28)
- Pre-order THE LOVE AND LIES OF RUKHSANA ALI by Sabina Khan to receive a bookmark, a signed bookplate, and two postcards. You’ll also be entered to win a grand prize giveaway! Request your library order it to receive a bookmark and postcard. (INT)(ends 1/28)
- Pre-order A CURSE SO DARK AND LONELY by Brigid Kemmerer to receive exclusive bonus content and the chance to win a Cozy Winter Reading Box! (USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and India)(ends 1/28)
- Pre-order KING OF SCARS by Leigh Bardugo to receive an enamel pin! (US only)(ends 1/28)
- Pre-order ONLY A BREATH APART by Katie McGarry to receive two exclusive original eNovellas from the author e-mailed to you! (US & CAN only)(ends 1/28)
- Pre-order THE LAST LIFE OF PRINCE ALASTOR by Alexandra Bracken to receive three character art prints. (INT)(ends 2/4)
- Pre-order VORTEX VISIONS by Elise Kova to receive a signed postcard, and you’ll be entered to win a grand prize. (INT)(ends 2/4)
- Pre-order CRAB CAKE by Andrea Tsurumi (from Indiebound or B&N) to receive a signed print of sea lion, a signed bookplate, a sticker, and the chance for a signed original drawing of Moray Eel. (ends 2/4)
- Pre-order THE WEIGHT OF OUR SKY by Hanna Alkaf to receive an enamel pin, a bookmark, a signed bookplate illustrated by the author, and a pop-up card featuring scenes of old-school Malaysia. (INT)(ends 2/4)
- Pre-order ENCHANTÉE by Gita Trelease to receive an exclusive hot air balloon print. (US only)(ends 2/4)
- Pre-order THE DECEIVERS by Kristen Simmons to receive an enamel pin. (US & CAN)(ends 2/4)
- Pre-order COURTING DARKNESS by Robin LeFevers to receive a notebook, enamel pin, bookmark, temporary tattoo, and stickers. (US only)(ends 2/5)
- ***Pre-order BLOODWITCH by Susan Dennard to receive two exclusive Witchlands creature enamel pins! (US & CAN)(ends 2/11)
- Pre-order IMMORAL CODE by Lillian Clark OR request it at your library for a chance to win one of three tote bags and annotated ARCs! (INT)(ends 2/19)
- Pre-order THE PRIORY OF THE ORANGE TREE by Samantha Shannon to receive an exclusive signed poster. (USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand)(ends 2/25)
- Pre-order FOUR DEAD QUEENS by Astrid Scholte to receive an exclusive Welcome to Quadara Pin from your favorite region. (US only)(ends 2/25)
- Pre-order AN AFFAIR OF POISONS by Addie Thorley OR request that your library purchase it OR let her know you are a teen reader who cannot pre-order to receive a bookmark, a signed bookplate, and 3 limited edition character art cards. (INT)(ends 2/25)
- Pre-order A QUESTION OF HOLMES by a signed, personalized copy, plus an exclusive illustrated print. (INT)(ends 3/5)
- Pre-order BEWARE THE NIGHT by Jessica Fleck OR or request it from your local library to receive a signed bookmark, a sticker with quote, and a glass fish. Plus a chance to win more! (INT)(ends 3/11)
- Pre-order TO BEST THE BOYS by Mary Weber to receive an email download including a labyrinth maze, a playlist, bookish Rhen Paper Doll, and a new STORM SIREN NOVELLA ebook. (INT)(ends 3/18)
- Pre-order THE NEXT TO LAST MISTAKE by Amalie Jahn OR request it at your local library to receive a bookmark and a signed bookplate (first 25). After those first 25, there will be giveaways! (US only)(ends 3/18)
- Pre-order DESCENDANT OF THE CRANE by Joan He to receive 3 swag items (they won’t be all paper-made–actual items TBD closer to release date). (INT)(ends 4/1)
- Pre-order THE GIRL HE USED TO KNOW by Tracey Garvis Graves to receive a signed bookplate. (US/CAN only)(ends 4/1)
- Pre-order AN ANATOMY OF BEASTS by Olivia A. Cole to receive an enamel “who’s the beast” pin. More goodies are available if you order the first book as well or if you order from an independent bookstore. (ends 4/15)
- Pre-order BRIEF CHRONICLE OF ANOTHER STUPID HEARTBREAK by Adi Alsaid to receive a personalized, autographed postcard from the author’s travels. (ends 4/30)
- Pre-order SPIN THE DAWN by Elizabeth Lim to receive exclusive art, an official bookmark and a signed bookplate. (INT)(ends 7/29)
More Awesome Giveaways:
- Twitter Giveaways:
- @UtopiaMind is giving away any 2019 preorder.
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the November Wrap-Up Round-Up and the December Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway.
- Lindsi @ Do You Dog Ear is having a 2018 End of the Year Giveaway!
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway is celebrating 6 years of blogging with multiple giveaways!
- Head over to Mary Had a Little Book Blog for a chance to win a signed hardcover of My True Love Gave to Me
- Lots of blogs participating in the MIDWINTERS EVE GIVEAWAY HOP
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight for a chance to win one of three Paperback or three ebook copies of THE PRISONER
- Freda @ Freda’s Voice is celebrating her birthday with a $10 Amazon gift card giveaway!
- Enter Penguin’s Cozy Up with Jane Austen Sweepstakes!
- Head over to Book Hounds for a chance to win My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card and Paper Girl themed journal
- Head over to Here’s to Happy Endings for a chance to win STRONGER, FASTER, AND MORE BEAUTIFUL and more!
- For Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight’s birthday, she’s giving you a book of choice (INT) and letting YOU pick a book for her to gift herself!
- Dani @ Perspective of a Writer is celebrating her I Heart Characters meme with a giveaway of a Book Depository Book up to $10
- Read It Forward does a weekly giveaway. This week you can enter to win The Last Year of the War!
- Head over to Bookish for LOTS of giveaways!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Haha, I bought all the gifts, but I haven’t wrapped them yet. It’ll probably happen at the very last minute. Thanks for sharing my post. It was fun to research. Have a great Christmas!
I was still wrapping on Christmas Eve (even still got some gifts in the mail that morning!). But it all worked out. 🙂
I just write checks. Seriously. I think I bought two gifts for my daughter, and she was there when I picked one of them up. Hope you are able to relax and enjoy the holiday
Yeah, I ended up giving my oldest money and a few gifts. She’s really hard to buy for. She was a little disappointed with that at first, but then figured out how much was in her bank account at the end of Christmas (due to me and her two sets of grandparents) and suddenly seemed very happy. 🙂
Yay for completing the Christmas shopping! I always try to start mine around Black Friday time since that’s when sales start happening. Trying to get lists from family then is a little harder to do! Lol!
Hope you have a GREAT Christmas this week!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
This year, I did a LOT of shopping around Black Friday but then slowed way down and still found myself behind at the end. It all worked out, though. 🙂 Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!
I just finished Christmas shopping yesterday, I always wait until the last minute but I was happy that the stores weren’t too crazy!
I thought I was doing great this year, but then at the last minute still found myself behind. It all worked out!
I have one friend I still need to get a couple gifts for, but who knows when I’ll see her next, so I’m not really in a hurry. I did do last minute Christmas gift shopping though; this year just really got away from me. LOL
Merry Christmas though – I hope it was fantastic!
Yes, my Christmas shopping went really well at first and then I sort of ran out of steam and had to rush at the end. Oh well!
YAY! Christmas still happening is always good 😉 I’m sure you kids are happy about that at least. Merry Christmas to you and your family Nicole. And happy reading!
Yep, we managed to pull off Christmas, even if I was still wrapping things at the last minute. 🙂
No shopping for me, LOL. I can imagine all the stress involved, though, but I’m glad you got the shopping done and presents wrapped. 😀
Yeah, I do most of the shopping in our household, so that means all the stress goes to me! I survived, though, and we had a very nice Christmas.
I totally understand how hectic the Christmas season can be. I’m meeting a friend tomorrow, which is when we’ll exchange Christmas gifts. I have her present but still need to wrap it, lol. I’ll get to it before we meet up 🙂
Hope you got that present wrapped! I managed to get my stuff all done, but it was stressful getting there. :-0
Thanks, Nicole. I was! I’m happy to hear that you were able to get your things done! It can be stressful in the process, but it feels good to get things done that I’ve been meaning to get around to.
Yes, it’s nice to have that sense of accomplishment.
Ha. You crack me up. I want elves to take care of the Christmas shopping and wrapping from now on, please. 🙂
Yes! I should have just ordered some Christmas elves on Amazon Prime and they could have taken care of the rest for me.
I was busy over the weekend because I got scheduled to work every single day from Friday up until Christmas at the bookstore where my part time job is. It was retail hell. Finally getting some time off from work and family stuff, but then when I got to the library today to do some blogging, realized I left my blogging calendar at home. Really defeated my plan. Plus the library wifi isn’t letting me reply to comments on my blog. So it’s making me go comment on other blogs, and that is a good thing! I had planned to check out your post on all the 2019 challenges and work on my sign up post for that, but yeah, that isn’t working. I feel like I need to set a goal next year for one day to really make sure I go comment on all the blogs I follow instead of just reading the emails I get about their posts. Hope you had a good Christmas!
Sorry life has been so hectic with work—I would imagine working retail would be crazy around the holidays!!
I hope you had a great holiday. Ours was good, the day was good. We even talked about my sister and didn’t cry (we lost her this year). Us all being together is always nice. Have a great week.
I’m very sorry to hear about your sister, but I’m glad you were able to share some happy memories about her over the holiday.
It is funny how you actually have to get the gifts to be able to give them 🙂 I don’t buy a lot of gifts but I always seem to be running around at the last minute. You would think that I would learn. I hope you had a great holiday!
Thanks, I did have a wonderful Christmas, and I managed to get everything in time(ish).
My daughter was wrapping gifts Christmas morning. She is last minute everything! This year, shopping wasn’t too bad, I cut back on what I usually spend and I did a lot of online shopping. It would be easy everyone loved to read!
Yes, if only I could buy just books for everyone! (I did buy some books, but my kids would have revolted if that was all they got.) 🙂
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! And thanks so much for the master list of reading/blogging challenges. It was so helpful while I was deciding which challenges I want to do in 2019.
I’m so glad it helped!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Nicole and that you are having lovely holidays, too! I’m more often than not last-minute, too, when it comes to Christmas preparations, so you’re not alone in this 🙂
Thank you for always sharing these pre-order incentives, that’s so helpful <3
I’m always happy to hear that the pre-order incentives are useful for people. They’re all so very tempting!!
Thanks so much for sharing my giveaways, Nicole! I hope you had a lovely Christmas. 🙂
I hope you had an amazing Christmas Nicole! It’s always hectic leading up to it but it’s worth it on the day itself.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I’m good about buying all of my presents early but wrapping?! I loathe wrapping. So they sit in boxes or bags in our room until I can convince my husband to please help me. Ha! 😉
I feel like I buy a ton really early, but then I’m always still struggling to finish up right before Christmas. I wrap while watching TV, so it’s not so bad.
Oh I am the complete opposite! I always do my Christmas shopping well ahead of time and have everything planned. But I hope you had an epic Christmas and were able to get all of those presents bought and wrapped in time 😉
You’re much better than I am!