The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
I’ve been horrified by the news lately. Just horrified, and it makes me want to cry. That’s all I can say about that.
Here’s what we’ve been up to while safe indoors this week:
- We watched:
- My younger daughter and I watched the whole season of Never Have I Ever in two days. We absolutely loved it and my daughter really wants other series to watch that are similar (cute teen dramas that are well produced). If anyone has any suggestions, I’d be grateful!
- We also watched season 9 of Married at First Sight. This show is total guilty pleasure for me. It is ridiculous—and I love it!
- I only finished one book this week
- I listened to The Dead Boy’s Club. It had an interesting twist element that teen readers will most likely LOVE!
- We made some junk art! I wrote a whole post on it because I love it so much. Check out that post to see our first three creations, but we did two more yesterday that I’m even more proud of. Maybe I’ll have a monthly junk art post to update everyone on them? Or should I just always include them in my Sunday Posts? What do you guys think?
- We found a puppy! We will be bringing him home next Saturday because he’s still too young to leave his mama. I’m SO excited for this new little floof!! It’s a little different for us this time because we’re not adopting—it was actually really hard to find a dog to adopt right now because everyone wants a puppy. Our two current dogs are both Australian Shepherd mixes (very Aussie mixes) and we’ve always thought about the idea of getting a purebred Aussie, but we’ve always been hesitant to buy from a breeder instead of adopting. This pup seemed like a perfect in-between though. We’re getting him from an Amish family who has the two Aussie parents on the family farm. They’re definitely not a puppy mill or even breeders–I’m guessing they probably believe in nature taking its course as far as pups are concerned. We don’t have papers or anything, but that’s just fine with us—that wasn’t our reasoning with wanting an Aussie. Anyway, I’m super excited. Here’s the pic from the site we found him on (we haven’t settled on a name yet, but it won’t be Bob 🙂 ):
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- Our First Junk Art Creations!
- May 2020 Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway!
- Deeplight by Frances Hardinge: Book Blast & Giveaway!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- June – kimberlyfaye reads‘ Blogoversary
- June 1st – Literary Flits‘ Blogoversary
- June 2nd – (un)Conventional Bookworms‘ Blogoversary
- June 3rd – Pamela @ Reverie Society‘s Birthday
- June 5th – Thoughts Stained With Ink‘s Blogoversary
None this week!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Check out BookConline with Penguin Teen!
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!) Listed in order of release date. Any new deals I added to the list this week will be denoted with a *** so you can easily find them!
Please note: Almost all pre-order giveaways run “while supplies last,” so they might not be open until the date listed. Pre-0rder early for your best chance to get all the goodies!
- Pre-order NO FUZZBALL! by Isabella Kung to receive a signed bookplate. You’ll also be entered to win a Vinyl Sticker Pack! (ends 5/31, but there will be a new giveaway after)
- Pre-order LITTLE CREEPING THINGS by Chelsea Ichaso OR request it from your local library to receive a signed bookplate, a sticker with a slogan perfect for the times, and a bookmark. (ends 6/1)
- Pre-order CONVENTIONALLY YOURS by Annabeth Albert to receive an enemies to lovers character postcard. If you pre-order from River Dog Books, you’ll also get an Odyssey Con lanyard, and your book will be SIGNED! (US only)(ends 6/1)
- ALSO Pre-order CONVENTIONALLY YOURS by Annabeth Albert to receive a “Keep Calm and RomCom On” enamel pin. (US/CAN)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order IF WE WERE US by K.L. Walther to receive a “Keep Calm and RomCom On” enamel pin. (US/CAN)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order JO & LAURIE by Margaret Stohl & Melissa de la Cruz to receive an exclusive tea tin! (US only)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order YOU SHOULD SEE ME IN A CROWN by Leah Johnson from Kids Ink Bookstore to receive a signed copy, a postcard, and a bookmark. Pre-order from anywhere to be entered to win a Campbell County HS prom swag bag full of goodies along with a signed bookplate, and a donation made in your name to The Princess Project. (ends 6/1)
- Pre-order KAMALA AND MAYA’S BIG IDEA by Meena Harris from a listed indie bookstore to receive a limited-edition Phenomenal Girl t-shirt! (ends 6/1)
- Pre-order THE DAMNED by Renée Ahdieh to receive an exclusive skull bracelet! (US only)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order I KILLED ZOE SPANOS by Kit Frick to receive a swag pack (pic of bookmarks and stickers on Twitter). Plus the author will donate $2 to The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. First-edition hardcovers will also have blue sprayed edges! (INT)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order I THINK I LOVE YOU by Auriane Desombre to read the two scripts that spark Emma and Sophia’s rivalry and vote on which character should win the festival! (INT)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL: ONE TRUE KING by Soman Chainani to receive a notebook featuring a secret, original handwritten story by Soman Chainani! (US only)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order ALL THE THINGS WE NEVER KNEW by Liara Tamani from Blue Willow Books to receive a signed, personalized copy, a branded notebook, pencil, sticker, pin, and bookmark! In addition, Liara will generously make a donation to the Houston Food Bank for every pre-order placed. (ends 6/4)
- Pre-order AGNES AT THE END OF THE WORLD by Kelly McWilliams to receive a signed bookplate, two bookmarks, two stickers, and a fridge magnet. First 10 preorders, plus a limited number of random preorders, will receive an “Are You In Rebellion?” enamel pin. You’ll also be entered into a giveaway for a 100 dollar gift card to the bookstore of your choice. (INT except pin)(ends 6/8)
- Pre-order RAGE & RUIN by Jennifer L. Armentrout from Fountain Bookstore to receive a signed, personalized copy (deadline for personalization is 5/22). Also $1 will be donated to National Federation of the Blind. (ends 6/9)
- Pre-order a HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX House Edition to receive an exclusive pocket-size notebook. (UK/ROI)(ends 6/11)
- Pre-order THE LAST TRAIN TO KEY WEST by Chanel Cleeton from Fountain Bookstore to receive a signed copy and an exclusive limited-edition tote bag. (ends 6/13)
- Pre-order I’LL BE THE ONE by Lyla Lee to receive a signed bookplate, an art print and a bookmark. Plus you’ll be entered to win a giveaway. (ends 6/15)
- Pre-order THE ARCHER AT DAWN by Swati Teerdhala to receive an exclusive, limited-edition scene AND be entered for a raffle to win $50 to your fave indie bookstore! (ends 6/16)
- Pre-order FRAGILE REMEDY by Maria Ingrande Mora OR request it from your local library OR create & share fanart to receive 3 character bookmarks, and a holographic Queen of the Tinkers die-cut sticker. US pre-orders will also be entered to win two giveaways. (INT)(ends 6/19)
- Pre-order FOREST OF SOULS by Lori M. Lee OR request it from your local library to receive a gold enamel bookmark, a signed bookplate, 3 character cards and more! You’ll also be entered to win a giveaway! (INT)(ends 6/23)
- Pre-order GODDESS IN THE MACHINE by Lora Beth Johnson to receive two exclusive nail polishes! (US)(ends 6/29)
- Pre-order THE EMPIRE OF GOLD by S.A. Chakraborty to receive a set of six pins featuring the tribal sigils of each tribe of Daevabad! (US only)(ends 6/29)
- ***Pre-order LOVE, CREEKWOOD by Becky Albertalli to receive a signed, personalized bookplate. (INT)(ends 6/29)
- Pre-order A SONG OF WRAITHS AND RUIN by Roseanne A. Brown OR request it from your library to receive a bookmark, 2 character cards featuring Karina and Malik, a limited edition signed bookplate, and an exclusive digital fairy tale from the book’s world! An order from indie bookstore Books With a Past will also get you a handwritten note and personalization from the author! (INT)(ends 6/30)
- Pre-0rder SURVIVOR SONG by Paul Tremblay to receive a special themed bookmark and enamel pin set (first 100 pre-orders). (UK/ROI)(ends 7/6)
- Pre-order THE CROW RIDER by Kalyn Josephson to receive 1 of 2 bonus scenes (from either Ericen or Kiva’s POV) and a chance to win a foil bookmark and a set of character cards. (US/CAN)(ends 7/6)
- Pre-order CINDERELLA IS DEAD by Kalynn Bayron to receive an enamel pin! (ends 7/6 – US)(ends 8/5 – UK/ROI)(ends 8/31 – AUS/NZ)
- Pre-order HAWK by James Patterson to receive a metal bookmark and a hawk enamel pin! (US only)(ends 7/5)
- Pre-order BOYFRIEND MATERIAL by Alexis Hall to receive a “Keep Calm and RomCom On” enamel pin. (US/CAN)(ends 7/6)
- ***Pre-order BOYFRIEND MATERIAL from a list of specific retailers to also receive a Rom-Com Activity kit! (ends 7/6)
- Pre-order THE DARK THAT DWELLS by Matt Digman and Ryan Roddy to receive a digital download of TDTD artwork (INT). Paperback pre-orders will also receive a bookmark and 4 limited edition laptop stickers. Hardcover pre-orders will also receive an enamel pin! (INT for digital download, US for others)(ends 7/9)
- Pre-order KEEP MY HEART IN SAN FRANCISCO by Amelia Diane Coombs OR Request it from your local library to receive a bookmark, a magnet, a signed bookplate, a die-cut bowling pin sticker, a $1 Donation to NAMI, and a secret item! Those who order from an indie will also get something extra and all pre-orders will be entered to win a giveaway! (ends 7/13)
- Pre-order UNRAVEL THE DUSK by Elizabeth Lim to receive an official bookmark, a complete set of 3 character cards, a quote sticker, an exclusive print, and a signed bookplate (hardcover orders only). (US only for now–but check back in future)(ends 7/13)
- Pre-order THE INVENTION OF SOPHIE CARTER by Samantha Hastings OR request it from your local library to receive a signed bookplate a bookmark, a 5X7 custom art, and a short story: “What the Dickens?”. The first 50 people will also receive a teapot necklace and a vinyl quote from the book. (INT)(ends 7/14)
- Pre-order THE HOLLOW GODS by A.J. Vrana to receive a bookmark, signed postcard, AND enter to win a special edition poster (first 25 paperback pre-orders only). All paperback pre-orders will be entered to win a special goodie box, and ALL pre-orders (ebook or print) will have a chance to win 1 of 5 limited edition posters. (INT)(ends 7/17)
- Pre-order SPLINTERS OF SCARLET by Emily Bain Murphy OR request it from your local library to receive a custom postcard with a hello from Emily (while supplies last). You will also be entered into a grand prize giveaway. (INT)(ends 7/20)
- ***Pre-order A WICKED MAGIC by Sasha Laurens OR request it from your local library to receive a 5×7 sticker sheet, a signed bookplate and a bookmark. (ends 7/27)
- Pre-order THE FAITHLESS HAWK by Margaret Owen to receive a beautiful poster featuring the characters from The Merciful Crow duology designed by the author herself! (US/CAN)(ends 7/27)
- ***Pre-order CATTYWAMPUS by Ash Van Otterloo from Ballast Books for a signed copy with a brief note from the author. The first fifty pre-orders from that store will include one special vinyl swag sticker. ALL pre-orders and library requests can be entered to win a giveaway! (giveaway ends 8/1 at 12 PM)(ends 8/3)
- Pre-order A SONG BELOW WATER by Bethany C. Morrow to receive a limited-edition “Young. Black. (Secretly Magical.)” enamel pin! (US/Can)(ends 8/3)
- ***Pre-order TODAY TONIGHT TOMORROW by Rachel Lynn Solomon OR request it from your local library to receive a bookmark, a signed bookplate, three gorgeous character art postcards (library requests will receive one postcard chosen at random), Free Puppies! vinyl sticker, and a digital short story from Neil’s POV. Plus you’ll be entered to win a grand prize! (INT)(ends 8/11)
- Pre-order WHERE DREAMS DESCEND by Janella Angeles to receive an art print illustrated by Alexis Castellanos! (US/CAN)(ends 8/24)
- Pre-order TRAITOR by Amanda McCrina OR request it from your local library to receive a bookmark, a signed bookplate, and 2 character cards featuring original art by Jaria Rambaran. (ends 8/24)
- Pre-order SHORT & SWEET by Josh Funk (illustrated by Brendan Kearney) from a participating indie bookstore to receive four collectors’ cards – AND an autographed bookplate! (ends 8/31)
- ***Pre-order THE HUNGRY GHOST by H.S. Norup from Closetful of Books to receive a signed, personalized bookplate. (Singapore)(ends 9/1)
- Pre-order CEMETERY BOYS by Aiden Thomas to receive 5 Character Cards featuring Yadriel, Julian, Maritza and Lady Death, and a signed bookplate. 50 random US preorders will also receive a limited edition pin! (INT)(ends 6/15)
- Pre-order SCRITCH SCRATCH by Lindsay Curry to receive access to the exclusive content section of the author’s website, which includes a “sleuth sheet” to help solve the mysteries, a downloadable poster, a crossword puzzle and more! You’ll also be entered to win other prizes. (INT)(ends 8/31)
- Pre-order EACH OF US A DESERT by Mark Oshiro to receive a limited edition art print! (US/CAN)(ends 9/14)
- Pre-order YOU’LL FIND ME by Amanda Rawson Hill to receive digital resources to help you stay connected with your loved ones. You’ll also receive the supplies to make “You’ll Find Me” braided bracelets with a small charm. Plus $1 will be donated to the International Rescue Committee! (ends 9/21)
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
- @kozbisa is giving away any book up to $20 USD (ends 5/31)
- @marshmallomomo is giving away THE HENNA WARS (ends 5/31)
- @oliviascatastro is giving away Circe by Madeline Miller (ends 5/31)
- @jrundy08 is giving away a pre-order of The Gilded Ones and ELYSIUM (ends 6/15) and a pre-order of COURT OF LIONS (ends 6/10) and a pre-order of WHERE WE GO FROM HERE (ends 6/1) (and lots more–check his Twitter feed)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the May 2020 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the April 2020 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. Plus, you can enter to win Deeplight!
- Enter to win eARCs of Penguin Teen’s Most Anticipated 2020 Reads
- Head over to Book Briefs for a chance to win signed copies of the Charlie Hernández Series, Jo & Laurie, EVERY REASON WE SHOULDN’T, and Beneath Cruel Fathoms!
- Head over to BookHounds YA for a chance to win THE ARCHER AT DAWN, REBEL IN THE LIBRARY, DISNEY, BUT DARK THE VILLAINS SERIES, a star bookmark to celebrate the ECHO ACADEMY launch and more (check their sidebar)!
- Quirk Books is giving away a $50 gift card to the Brave New Worlds comic book store.
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win a book from her ARC pile
- Head over to Books, Tea, Healthy Me for a chance to win Everything’s Not Fine by, Sarah J. Carlson
- Head over to A Dream Within a Dream for a chance to win The Bone Thief
- Head over to TUABFC to enter to win CAMP by Lev A. C. Rosen
- Lauren @ Shooting Stars Mag is celebrating her 30th birthday by giving away $35 in Books from Book Outlet
- Lots of blogs participating in the Full Bloom Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Wishful Endings for a chance to win an Onyx & Ivory SpearCraft Book Box + Other Bookish Items
- Lots of blogs participating in the May 2020 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including $50 TO YOUR FAVORITE INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORE!
- Read It Forward does a weekly giveaway. This week you can enter to win E-Book Copies of New Memoirs That They Love!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Please post more puppy photos when you bring home “Bob” who is adorable!
Oh, yes, I’ve been providing plenty of puppy pics. 🙂
I am squealing over here! That puppy is so sweet and cute. I second what Danielle says. We need pup pics! I heard good things about Never Have I Ever. I haven’t watched any TV since Dec, so I have no recs, but glad you both enjoyed it.
Never Have I Ever is great! You should definitely watch if you get back to TV. 🙂
OMG you got a puppy!!!!!!!! And I am going to check your junk art post as you ahve me intrigued Nicole! I love art in general and will post a “make your own funko pop” tomorrow so …LOL
I totally have to go check out that Funko Pop post – I missed it!
Oh my gosh the puppy is so cute.
Awe..he is so cute, and I totally get your feelings on puppy mills etc, sounds like you found a wonderful solution.
Yes, it’s a great compromise!
Awwwww!!! He’s so cute! My sister just got two puppies herself back on Mother’s Day and I today I finally get to see them! They’re labs and the pictures are adorable that she’s sent! But puppies are a lot of work…as she’s discovering with two…and a near 11-month old baby! Her husband is working to train the puppies like he did with his first lab but they’re both realizing two might not have been the best idea! Lol!
Enjoy the puppy (when he comes home to you) and the break to your TBR pile! Happy Reading this week!
Here’s my StS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
I can’t even imagine having two puppies at once. Crazy!
Bob is so cute!! lol But I think he will get bigger. I look forward to hearing more about him.
I am so sad and angry and afraid about the world this week. I will do my best to be kind and helpful instead.
Stay safe and be well!
Anne – Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post
He’ll be between 40-50 pounds when he’s grown. Our other two are the same.
Your puppy is so cute! I love that you found an in-between adopting and going to a breeder. I look forward to hearing more about him.
I’m open to a monthly junk art post or weekly shares via the Sunday Post.
I’ve been going the monthly junk art post for now. We’ll see if I keep it that way.
The events of this week have been sad and disturbing!
Sooo happy you found a puppy, and oh my goodness I’m overloaded by cuteness! I love animals so I’m happy to hear he didn’t come from an unloving puppy mill, but from people who care. Can’t wait to see more photos of this cute little guy!
Yes, it’s definitely been sad lately, but I hope we find a way to get to real change.
Oh what a cutie! I hope he turns out to be an awesome addition to the family- I’m sure he will. Looks like an adorable ball of fluff. 🙂
Stay safe and be well in these crazy times…
He is super sweet! (When he’s not attacking me with his tiny little teeth.) 🙂
This probably isn’t helpful, but to me it doesn’t matter how we get junk art content as long as we get it ? It was so fun seeing it though! I can’t wait to see what else you guys make!
The pupper is the CUTEST thing EVER! And I agree, he doesn’t look like a Bob ? Lol.
I’ve been doing the junk art posts monthly so far, and I think it’s working out well. 🙂
Yay for new pets! I’m so excited for you and your family! He is absolutely adorable, and I cannot wait for the onslaught of pictures 🙂
I have definitely kept those pictures coming!
Ooooooh! Look at the pupppppppppyyyyy! He’s so adorable. I can’t wait to see more of him in the future. How exciting for you all!
I’ve been sharing lots of pictures, mostly because I know how much I’ve enjoyed seeing Lulu in all your updates! 🙂
Oh my goodness, your new puppy is adorable and I need all the pictures. And I think a post for your junk art every month would be awesome, but however you share it is fine! I just want to marvel at it. LOL
I think a monthly update on the junk art will be fun. I’ve already enjoyed showing what we’ve made!
Oh! What a delightful puppy! TOO CUTE.
Just wanted to pop over and mention that the annual Louisa May Alcott reading challenge has begun! It takes place all month long during June. http://inthebookcase.blogspot.com/2020/06/2020-louisa-may-alcott-reading.html
Also (on the same link), is a giveaway which is open to everyone in the U.S. Winner gets a set of 2 cute corner bookmarks!
(Would love it if you decided to share about these events. I’d be much obliged.)
…Well, now I’m off to enter some of these other giveaways you mentioned! Ta!
I really apologize that I didn’t add these to my Sunday Posts—somehow this comment got buried and I wasn’t great about checking the old ones (I usually keep up, but these last couple of months have been really tough on me as far as reading and blogging go). Anyway, I apologize!
Awwww, puppy is adorable!! Can’t wait for more pics. 😉
I have definitely been steadily providing puppy pics! 🙂
Puppy! He is adorable and cannot wait until he’s old enough to come home with yu because I am there for puppy spam.
Puppy pics are the best sort of spam. 🙂
Sounds like you managed to have a great week and I am glad you found your puppy! I hope you will have fun naming him ^.^ And yay for making junk art! I want to do something DIY at some point when I can make time.
He is the sweetest pup! A handful, but we love him!!
The news and everything happening with the world has been horrifying indeed. Thank you for bringing on some brightness into it all with this adorable puppy aaaah i love him already. <3
I hope you'll have a lovely June, Nicole <3
Digit has brought lots of cuteness to my life! 🙂