The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week wasn’t the best, healthwise. After spending Monday feeling generally miserable because of my second vaccine (still totally worth it, by the way), I then ended up having insomnia. So, basically the week passed in a blur of headaches and reality TV.
- Writing Update. I did manage to catch up this week with my goal. Gotta keep on track!
- What I Read:
- I finished listening to Two Dark Reigns. I plan to move on to the final book in the series, but since I was in the car with my mom for a while driving to my daughter’s track meet, we started listening to We Could Be Heroes by Mike Chen.
- I continued reading Sunkissed by Kasie West and read Made in Korea by Sarah Suk.
- TV We Watched:
- The Voice. We watched a bit more of season 20, but my daughter was busy with studying for AP tests, so we didn’t watch much.
- America’s Next Top Model. This was my “I don’t feel great” show (and my “I can’t sleep” show). I watched all of season 22, which was the last season on the CW and the last season on Hulu. It’s a great show to veg out to.
- Musical performances. We went to go see outdoor video performances of the high school musical (which my daughter’s choir did background vocals for) and then the next night we watched their choir final performance—again, on a big outdoor screen. When my daughter’s solo was featured, I was so incredibly proud! I asked her permission to share it here because you all deserve to see her awesomeness. 🙂
This is my daughter performing “She Used to Be Mine” from Waitress.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- 5/27 – Casey @ Tayside Book Blog‘s Birthday
- 5/27 – Kirstie @ Upside-Down Books‘ Birthday
- 5/27 – Paper Fury‘s Blogoversary
I received These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong to feature for Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. This book has gotten rave reviews, and I’m so excited to read it! Thanks, Simon & Schuster! I also received a physical copy of Rea and the Blood of the Nectar, which I’ll be featuring very soon!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere and the Internet:
- Louise @ Monstrumology tells us about MOVIES SHE ENJOYED MORE THAN THE BOOKS
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week: (I’ll probably be adding more, but I want to get this post up, so…)
Pre-order UNTETHERED by KayLynn Flanders OR request it from your local library to receive a map art print, a villain art print, a bookmark, a sticker, a digital download of the short story “Ren vs. the Wild,” and a signed bookplate. Pre-orders from The King’s English will be signed (instead of coming with a bookplate). (INT)(Ends 7/27) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order AN EMOTION OF GREAT DELIGHT by Tahereh Mafi to receive an exclusive makeup pouch! (US only)(Ends 6/1) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order KIKI KALLIRA BREAKS A KINGDOM by Sangu Mandanna to receive a custom colored pencil pack! (US only)(Ends 7/5) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the May 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the April Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. You can also win Take Me Home Tonight by Morgan Matson.
- Head over to Literary Ramblings to enter to win Rea and the Blood of the Nectar or a Michelle Hauck Query Critique.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Moms Rock Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Diary of a BookGirl to enter to win Made In Korea
- Head over to Kait Plus Books for a chance to win Taking Up Space by Alyson Gerber, The Edge of Strange Hollow by Gabrielle K. Byrne, Willa of Dark Hollow by Robert Beatty, The House of Always by Jenn Lyons, and more! (Check the sidebar.)
- Enter to win Penguin’s AAPI Heritage Month Sweepstakes
- Head over to Waves of Fiction for a chance to win a Box of 16 Young Adult Books!
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win Kisses and Croissants, 30,000 Stitches: The Inspiring Story of the National 9/11 Flag, and D-39: A Robodog’s Journey.
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review’s Giveaway Page for lots of giveaways!
- Head over to BookHounds YA for a chance to win SEDITION, THE LAST FALLEN STAR, and more! (Check their site’s sidebar.)
- Lots of blogs participating in the May 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to The Book View for a chance to win 10 TRUTHS AND A DARE
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A 1-year subscription to Owlcrate!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!