The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there! We’re having a nice day celebrating at home. My kids made me cards and a fun sign (yes, they’re teenagers, but they still hand-make cards—I kind of love it) and a very spectacular breakfast.
Then, my daughter Danielle and I made my mom this cool book page art (from a page of an old Little House on the Prairie book) that we’re going to frame and hang on the wall in her room (we’re actually going to do three different ones, but it took us a lot longer than I expected to figure out the process, so we only got one done in time).
- Writing Update. I made myself a goal of getting a draft of my latest manuscript to my CPs by June 1st, which means I have to work hard on writing! I figured out how much I have to get through per day, and so far I’ve stayed on track!
- Fitness Update. Some of you guys might remember that back at the end of February we got a NordicTrack S22i exercise bike. My goal was to work out five days a week, and I’ve basically stuck to that (with the exception of a couple of weeks where I was hauling dirt and I counted that toward a day of working out instead). I’ve also changed my diet a bit by not eating after 7 PM or before 9 AM. Surprisingly, since I’ve been doing that, I’ve also been less hungry overall (and I’ve eaten a lot less sugar as well). And I’ve managed to lose 12 pounds!
- What I Read:
- I finished listening to One Dark Throne and then started The Queens of Fennbirn.
- I started reading LEO, Inventor Extraordinaire.
- TV We Watched:
- Supernatural. We finished season 10 and started season 11. We do really like this show, but my daughter pointed out that Sam & Dean might just destroy the world a little more often than they save it. And for two guys who work crazily hard to try to save mankind, they always seem to selfishly choose to save each other (or themselves) instead.
- The Circle. This week was the finale! My favorite didn’t win, but I was pretty happy with the final outcome.
- The Amazing Race. I randomly started watching season 29 of this show—I used to watch it many years ago, and I’d totally forgotten about it, but I’m enjoying watching it again!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
Like I said, I’ve been doing a lot of writing, so lots less time for blogging this week, but I at least got my wrap-up posted.
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- 5/12 – Anne @ Books of My Heart‘s Birthday
Once again, I’m running low on time to take pics, so I’ll update this next week.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere and the Internet:
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books gives us 10 TIPS TO OVERCOME READING AND BLOGGING FATIGUE
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week:
Pre-order FLASH FIRE by T.J. Klune to receive a limited edition enamel pin! BONUS: The first printing of the hardcover edition includes an exclusive reversible jacket! (US/CAN)(Ends 7/12)
Pre-order THE SUMMER OF LOST LETTERS by Hannah Reynolds to receive a bookmark, signed bookplate, and two stickers! Order from Porter Square Books, and you’ll receive a free deleted scene as well! (US/CAN)(Ends 6/20)
Pre-order ANY WAY THE WIND BLOWS by Rainbow Rowell from a participating indie bookstore to receive a really cool Watford enamel pin! Orders from Bookworm in Omaha can be signed and personalized. (ends 7/5)
Pre-order PAWCASSO by Remy Lai from a participating indie to receive a spawcial button AND a signed themed bookplate! (Ends 5/24)
Pre-order HOW WE FALL APART by Katie Zhao to receive a bookmark and set of character cards! (US only)(Ends 8/2)
Pre-order DON’T HATE THE PLAYER by Alexis Nedd to receive three gamer magnets! (US/CAN)(Ends 5/31)
Pre-order TREJO by Trejo with Donal Logue for a chance to win a one-on-one call with Danny Trejo himself, a signed copy of the book, a signed copy of the collector’s edition comic book Machete by Robert Rodriguez, and a signed Torso Trejo t-shirt. (US only)(Ends 7/2)
Pre-order TONIGHT WE RULE THE WORLD by Zack Smedley from Books With a Past to receive a signed/personalized copy. (Ends 10/4)
Pre-order ANIMAL by Lisa Taddeo from Waterstones to receive a signed/personalized copy. (Ends 7/21)
Pre-order THE NINTH METAL by Benjamin Percy to enter for a chance to win a signed copy of the C2E2 variant of Wolverine #1. (US only)(Ends 5/31)
Pre-order A SEASON OF SINISTER DREAMS by Tracy Banghart from One More Page Books to receive a signed/personalized book, a gorgeous map, and an art print. The first 50 preorders will receive all four art prints! (Ends 6/21)
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the May 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the April Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway.
- Katie McGarry is giving away Signed copies of A Wicked and Beautiful Garden, Echoes Between Us, Only a Breath Apart, Say You’ll Remember Me, Pushing the Limits, Dare You To, Crash Into You, Take Me On, and the Thunder Road series!
- Enter to win Penguin’s AAPI Heritage Month Sweepstakes
- Head over to Book Briefs for a chance to win 3 YA Verse Novels by David Elliott: THE SEVENTH RAVEN, VOICES, and BULL (And click on the other blog stops in the tour because they’re all separate giveaways!)
- Head over to Waves of Fiction for a chance to win a Box of 16 Young Adult Books!
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win Whole Whale, It Goes Like This, Balloons for Papa, or Who’s Behind the Mask Cover?
- Head over to ShootingStarsMag for a chance to win a 6-Month Libro-FM Subscription or Stephen King Scratch Off Poster
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review’s Giveaway Page for lots of giveaways!
- Head over to BookHounds YA for a chance to win THE LAST FALLEN STAR, WILLA OF DARK HOLLOW, INTO DARKNESS, and more! (Check their site’s sidebar.)
- Lots of blogs participating in the May 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to The Book View for a chance to win 10 TRUTHS AND A DARE
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A 1-year subscription to Owlcrate!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Happy Mother’s Day!. Thank you so much for my cool book art page!! It’s going to look great on my bedroom wall. Love you! Mom
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! I love you!
Happy Mother’s Day! I love all the handmade gifts. So wonderful! Good for you losing 12 pounds. It’s nice when you make changes and they work. Good luck with your writing!
Happy Mother’s Day to you too! I love handmade gifts. They’re so much fun!
Congrats on your health & fitness accomplishments! That’s wonderful!
I love the book page art! It makes me want to get creative too.
We made a few more today, and I think we loved each one a little more than the last! I’ll have to post more pics next week. Or maybe I’ll just make a book art post!
Happy Mother’s Day Nicole! That’s so sweet that your teens still hand-make cards! I know I usually defaulted to doing that myself growing up when I didn’t find a card I liked or you know you see the outrageous price of greeting cards and I know my mom doesn’t like us spending a fortune on things like paper cards. Handmade ones are much nicer anyway!
Yeah, it seemed like the theme of Supernatural for awhile was one brother dying to save the other one from dying then they repeat! Lol. Or as later seasons went when one is on the brink of destroying the world, they have to stop the other in time or save him, or bring him back after stopping him. Lol. It’s a little insane, but I still love this show to pieces!
Hope you have a fantastic Mother’s Day and enjoy whatever books you’ve been getting lately!
Here’s my StS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
Yeah, we’re still definitely enjoying Supernatural, but binge watching definitely puts a spotlight on those repetitive arcs.
Happy Mother’s day! That’s a cute note. 🙂
Happy mother’s day. I’m glad it’s been a good one for you.
Thank you! I hope you had a great day too!
What a terrific sign, and I just pinned the book page art as a project I might want to do too. Super cute. My 15 year old made me a card too, and it made my day. Good for you for being so focused on your writing.
We actually made a few more of them today, and they turned out even better than this one. I’ll include pics next week!
Happy Mother’s Day and what a wonderful card! Congratulations on working on your health and fitness. My goal has been to do yoga every day which I’ve been pretty successful so my new goal is to start eating out less. We’ve been doing takeout like crazy! Have a great week!
Happy Mother’s Day! I am not surprised by your weight loss and fitness at all! You’re making great strides here. 🙂 Congrats!
Happy Belated Mother’s Day. I love the print you and your daughter made your mom. So cool! Good luck with your writing. I’m hoping to get some sort of routine going this month. I’ve been a bit out of it with all things though – writing, blogging, reading, etc. so we’ll see.
I’m finally back online after family events and a computer snafu. Way to go with the Nordictrack and careful eating.
Anne – Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post