The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Here’s what we’ve been up to while safe indoors this week:
- Online school. We found out that school will basically be done on May 18th (with a few make-up days after, but we won’t need those). And they don’t have school on Wednesdays, so there are basically only eight school days left. The biggest thing on the agenda is that my daughter has to take an AP test on the 12th.
- We watched:
- We watched a few episodes of season 3 of Ozark.
- We spent long hours organizing. Now that we’re at a stopping point with our home improvement (not done, mind you, but at a stopping point), we decided to do some major organizing as we’re putting our rooms back together. I spent hours and hours going through file cabinets and storage cabinets and such. My bookcases in the office look even prettier now, by the way. 🙂
- I finished four books this week! Had to make up for last week.
- Aru Shah and the Song of Death and Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi. Nothing like a blog tour where I need to read two books to get my reading kickstarted! I already wrote my reviews for those, and you can enter to win a copy!
- I finished listening to/reading (I went back and forth) Peasprout Chen: Battle of Champions. I wasn’t as excited about this book as I was the last one, but then that ending made me totally want the next book!!!
- I read The Incredibly Dead Pets of Rex Dexter, which was the perfect lighthearted read I needed!!
- Camp NaNoWriMo is over! I didn’t technically hit my wordcount goal, but I’m still really proud of the progress I made!
- It was so beautiful yesterday that we spent the entire day outside on the patio, and my mom came over!! It’s the first time we’ve seen her since the quarantine. If you’ve been around my blog for any time at all, you know that she’s usually with us half the week, so it’s a big deal we hadn’t seen her.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- April 2020 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Giveaway! – Make sure to link up your monthly wrap-up!
- Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi: Review and Giveaway (Plus, a Quick Review of Aru Shah and the Song of Death)
- May 2020 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- April 2020 Wrap-Up & Best of the Bunch
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- May 3rd – Carmela @ TeachingAuthors‘ Birthday
- May 3rd – Cat on the Bookshelf‘s Blogoversary
- May 3rd – Stephanie Jane @ Literary Flits‘ Birthday
- May 4th – Graced with Books‘ Blogoversary
- May 5th – Latte Nights Reviews‘ Blogoversary
I was super excited when The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab showed up at my door. I entered Tor’s giveaway for the book awhile, but had very low expectations since I knew so many people were clamoring for this and there were probably tons of entries. Imagine my surprise when I found it on my doorstep!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Caitlin @ Caitlin Althea Reads is tired of people saying there are no F/F books, so she wrote this great post: All of the F/F Books I’ve Ever Read + F/F Books on My TBR!!
- Lindsi @ Do You Dog-Ear shares her husband’s woodworking projects in Knotty Roots Woodworks [Part 1]
- Jen @ Jen Ryland Reviews shares GREAT PUZZLES FROM SMALL BUSINESSES
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight shares FREE AND CHEAP SOFTWARE I USE FOR BLOGGING, ORGANIZATION, ART, AND OTHER NEEDS
- Sophie @ Sophie’s Corner shares 6 Reasons Why I Love Middle Grade
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!) Listed in order of release date. Any new deals I added to the list this week will be denoted with a *** so you can easily find them!
Please note: Almost all pre-order giveaways run “while supplies last,” so they might not be open until the date listed. Pre-0rder early for your best chance to get all the goodies!
- ***Pre-order CLAP WHEN YOU LAND by Elizabeth Acevedo to receive an exclusive 3-pen set! (US only)(ends 5/4)
- ***Pre-order OCEAN! WAVES FOR ALL by Stacy McAnulty to receive a link to a video of the author reading the book. Pre-order from the author’s local non-profit bookstore, Bookmarks, and she will say hello to your reader(s) by name in the video and read the story (plus the book will be signed). (ends 5/4)
- Pre-order LAST GIRLS by Demetra Brodsky to receive a 5×7 glossy art print & signed bookplate. Plus, you’ll be entered to win prizes! (US only)(ends 5/4)
- Pre-order DARK SKIES by Danielle L. Jensen to receive a character art dust jacket & signed bookplate (US/Can hardcover preorders). Or 4×6 character art postcard & signed bookplate (INT preorders and US/Can ebook or audiobook preorders). (INT)(ends 5/4)
- Pre-order KEEP IT TOGETHER, KEIKO CARTER by Debbi Michiko from Bank Square Books to receive a signed book, a bookmark, and an exclusive Keiko Carter-themed button. In addition, each book you preorder will gain you entry for a grand prize drawing. (ends 5/4)
- Pre-order THE EXTRAORDINARIES by TJ Klune to receive a limited-edition enamel pin! (US & Can)(ends 5/4)
- Pre-order THE LIFE AND (MEDIEVAL) TIMES OF KIT SWEETLY by Jamie Pacton OR request it from your local library to receive three stickers, an art print of Kit and her friends, and a bookmark. The first US pre-orders will also receive a medieval-knight rubber duck and a nametag. Plus, all pre-orders will be entered to win a grand prize. (INT)(ends 5/4)
- Pre-order THE TOURIST ATTRACTION by Sarah Morgenthaler to receive a “Keep Calm and RomCom On” enamel pin. (US/CAN)(ends 5/4)
- Pre-order FOUR DAYS OF YOU AND ME by Miranda Kenneally to receive a signed bookplate and an enamel pin. You’ll also be entered to win a grand prize! (US/CAN)(ends 5/4)
- Pre-order LOBIZONA by Romina Garber (AKA Romina Russell) to receive a set of 5 Lobizona buttons! (US/CAN)(ends 5/4)
- Pre-order OUR FRIEND HEDGEHOG by Lauren Castillo from Midtown Scholar to receive a signed copy and a 5×7 art print (plus free shipping as of now)! (ends 5/4)
- Pre-order NETWORK EFFECT by Martha Wells to receive an exclusive, bonus Murderbot short story! (US/Can)(ends 5/5)
- Pre-order FORGED IN FIRE AND STARS by Andrea Roberston to receive an exclusive button pack! (US only)(ends 5/11)
- Pre-order BY THE BOOK by Amanda Sellet from Raven Book Store to receive a signed copy, bookmark, and a sticker. Plus you’ll be entered to win a giveaway! (ends 5/11)
- Pre-order THE TOTAL ECLIPSE OF NESTOR LOPEZ by Adrianna Cuevas to receive a recipe card, signed bookplate, bookmark, sticker, and magnet. (US/CAN)(ends 5/11)
- Pre-order ON LIGHTHOUSES by Jazmina Barrera from an indie bookstore to receive a tote bag! (ends 5/11)
- Pre-order AURORA BURNING by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman to receive a shiny, holographic sticker sheet featuring all the characters from Aurora Burning, plus stream badges and more. (US only) Purchase in-store from Dymocks and get an exclusive Aurora Academy patch or in-store from QBD to get an exclusive Aurora Academy phone grip. (AUS) Check the link for other INT details. (ends 5/17)
- Pre-order THE FASCINATORS by Andrew Eliopulos from an indie bookstore to receive an all-new, exclusive short story starring the three main characters in the book. (ends 5/17)
- Pre-order a HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX House Edition to receive an exclusive pocket-size notebook. (AUS/NZ—see below for UK/ROI)(ends 5/18)
- Pre-order ALWAYS HUMAN by Ari North to receive an exclusive digital bonus comic. Plus, there will be chances for more goodies depending on the number of people who pre-order! Hardcover preorders will also receive a bookmark, a signed bookplate, and a postcard print. (ends 5/18)
- Pre-order THE BALLAD OF SONGBIRDS AND SNAKES by Suzanne Collins from Book People to receive a limited-edition Hunger Games patch. (ends 5/18)
- Pre-order A SKY BEYOND THE STORM by Sabaa Tahir to receive a deluxe Ember keepsake box plus the Phase 2 gift (to be announced). (US only)(5/25 end of Phase 1)
- Pre-order GHOSTING: A LOVE STORY by Tash Skilton (AKA Sarvenaz Tash and Sarah Skilton) from The Ripped Bodice to receive a sticker, bookmark, limited edition postcard with UK cover, and a signed bookplate. (ends 5/25)
- ***Pre-order READ WITH PRIDE by Lucy Powrie to receive an enamel pin! (UK/ROI)(ends 5/27)
- ***Pre-order LITTLE CREEPING THINGS by Chelsea Ichaso OR request it from your local library to receive a signed bookplate, a sticker with a slogan perfect for the times, and a bookmark. (ends 6/1)
- Pre-order CONVENTIONALLY YOURS by Annabeth Albert to receive an enemies to lovers character postcard. If you pre-order from River Dog Books, you’ll also get an Odyssey Con lanyard, and your book will be SIGNED! (US only)(ends 6/1)
- ALSO Pre-order CONVENTIONALLY YOURS by Annabeth Albert to receive a “Keep Calm and RomCom On” enamel pin. (US/CAN)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order IF WE WERE US by K.L. Walther to receive a “Keep Calm and RomCom On” enamel pin. (US/CAN)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order JO & LAURIE by Margaret Stohl & Melissa de la Cruz to receive an exclusive tea tin! (US only)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order YOU SHOULD SEE ME IN A CROWN by Leah Johnson from Kids Ink Bookstore to receive a signed copy, a postcard, and a bookmark. Pre-order from anywhere to be entered to win a Campbell County HS prom swag bag full of goodies along with a signed bookplate, and a donation made in your name to The Princess Project. (ends 6/1)
- Pre-order KAMALA AND MAYA’S BIG IDEA by Meena Harris from a listed indie bookstore to receive a limited-edition Phenomenal Girl t-shirt! (ends 6/1)
- Pre-order THE DAMNED by Renée Ahdieh to receive an exclusive skull bracelet! (US only)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order I KILLED ZOE SPANOS by Kit Frick to receive a swag pack (pic of bookmarks and stickers on Twitter). Plus the author will donate $2 to The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. First-edition hardcovers will also have blue sprayed edges! (INT)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order I THINK I LOVE YOU by Auriane Desombre to read the two scripts that spark Emma and Sophia’s rivalry and vote on which character should win the festival! (INT)(ends 6/1)
- Pre-order ALL THE THINGS WE NEVER KNEW by Liara Tamani from Blue Willow Books to receive a signed, personalized copy, a branded notebook, pencil, sticker, pin, and bookmark! In addition, Liara will generously make a donation to the Houston Food Bank for every pre-order placed. (ends 6/4)
- Pre-order AGNES AT THE END OF THE WORLD by Kelly McWilliams to receive a signed bookplate, two bookmarks, two stickers, and a fridge magnet. First 10 preorders, plus a limited number of random preorders, will receive an “Are You In Rebellion?” enamel pin. You’ll also be entered into a giveaway for a 100 dollar gift card to the bookstore of your choice. (INT except pin)(ends 6/8)
- Pre-order a HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX House Edition to receive an exclusive pocket-size notebook. (UK/ROI)(ends 6/11)
- Pre-order THE LAST TRAIN TO KEY WEST by Chanel Cleeton from Fountain Bookstore to receive a signed copy and an exclusive limited-edition tote bag. (ends 6/13)
- Pre-order I’LL BE THE ONE by Lyla Lee to receive a signed bookplate, an art print and a bookmark. Plus you’ll be entered to win a giveaway. (ends 6/15)
- Pre-order FRAGILE REMEDY by Maria Ingrande Mora OR request it from your local library OR create & share fanart to receive 3 character bookmarks, and a holographic Queen of the Tinkers die-cut sticker. US pre-orders will also be entered to win two giveaways. (INT)(ends 6/19)
- Pre-order FOREST OF SOULS by Lori M. Lee OR request it from your local library to receive a gold enamel bookmark, a signed bookplate, 3 character cards and more! You’ll also be entered to win a giveaway! (INT)(ends 6/23)
- Pre-order THE EMPIRE OF GOLD by S.A. Chakraborty to receive a set of six pins featuring the tribal sigils of each tribe of Daevabad! (US only)(ends 6/29)
- Pre-order THE CROW RIDER by Kalyn Josephson to receive 1 of 2 bonus scenes (from either Ericen or Kiva’s POV) and a chance to win a foil bookmark and a set of character cards. (US/CAN)(ends 7/6)
- Pre-order CINDERELLA IS DEAD by Kalynn Bayron to receive an enamel pin! (ends 7/6 – US)(ends 8/5 – UK/ROI)(ends 8/31 – AUS/NZ)
- Pre-order HAWK by James Patterson to receive a metal bookmark and a hawk enamel pin! (US only)(ends 7/5)
- Pre-order BOYFRIEND MATERIAL by Alexis Hall to receive a “Keep Calm and RomCom On” enamel pin. (US/CAN)(ends 7/6)
- ***Pre-order KEEP MY HEART IN SAN FRANCISCO by Amelia Diane Coombs OR Request it from your local library to receive a bookmark, a magnet, a signed bookplate, a die-cut bowling pin sticker, a $1 Donation to NAMI, and a secret item! Those who order from an indie will also get something extra and all pre-orders will be entered to win a giveaway! (ends 7/13)
- Pre-order UNRAVEL THE DUSK by Elizabeth Lim to receive swag (to be announced later). (US only for now–but check back in future)(ends 7/13)
- Pre-order THE INVENTION OF SOPHIE CARTER by Samantha Hastings OR request it from your local library to receive a signed bookplate a bookmark, a 5X7 custom art, and a short story: “What the Dickens?”. The first 50 people will also receive a teapot necklace and a vinyl quote from the book. (INT)(ends 7/14)
- Pre-order THE HOLLOW GODS by A.J. Vrana to receive a bookmark, signed postcard, AND enter to win a special edition poster (first 25 paperback pre-orders only). All paperback pre-orders will be entered to win a special goodie box, and ALL pre-orders (ebook or print) will have a chance to win 1 of 5 limited edition posters. (INT)(ends 7/17)
- Pre-order A SONG BELOW WATER by Bethany C. Morrow to receive a limited-edition “Young. Black. (Secretly Magical.)” enamel pin! (US/Can)(ends 8/3)
- Pre-order WHERE DREAMS DESCEND by Janella Angeles to receive an art print illustrated by Alexis Castellanos! (US/CAN)(ends 8/24)
- Pre-order TRAITOR by Amanda McCrina OR request it from your local library to receive pre-order goodies (details forthcoming). (ends 8/24)
- Pre-order SHORT & SWEET by Josh Funk (illustrated by Brendan Kearney) from a participating indie bookstore to receive four collectors’ cards – AND an autographed bookplate! (ends 8/31)
- Pre-order CEMETERY BOYS by Aiden Thomas to receive 5 Character Cards featuring Yadriel, Julian, Maritza and Lady Death, and a signed bookplate. 50 random US preorders will also receive a limited edition pin! (INT)(ends 6/15)
- Pre-order SCRITCH SCRATCH by Lindsay Curry to receive access to the exclusive content section of the author’s website, which includes a “sleuth sheet” to help solve the mysteries, a downloadable poster, a crossword puzzle and more! You’ll also be entered to win other prizes. (INT)(ends 8/31)
- Pre-order EACH OF US A DESERT by Mark Oshiro to receive a limited edition art print! (US/CAN)(ends 9/14)
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
- @callmebecks is giving away a signed ARC of CROWNCHASERS, a bookmark, and a book plate!
- @SubtleChronicle is giving away a BOOK OF YOUR CHOICE to TWO (2) WINNERS! (ends 5/21)
- @ReadMeMarie is giving away a folded art book! (ends 5/3)
- @jrundy08 is giving away a preorder of STAR DAUGHTER by @ShvetaThakrar (ends 5/5)
- @edwardanddamon is giving away one of her most anticipated releases for May. (ends 5/22)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the April or May 2020 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the April 2020 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. You can also win a signed paperback of MAN UP and Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes
- Lots of blogs participating in the May 2020 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including $50 TO YOUR FAVORITE INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORE!
- Head over to Metaphors and Miscellanea for a chance to win WAR AND SPEECH
- Head over to Fangirl Pixie Blog for a chance to win LAST GIRLS
- Head over to Book Hounds YA for a chance to win OUR FRIEND HEDGEHOG, REBEL IN THE LIBRARY OF EVER or a $10 Amazon GC
- Head over to Write, Read, Repeat for a chance to win INCENDIARY
- Head over to Book Briefs for a chance to win So This is Love by Elizabeth Lim
- Head over to TUABFC for a chance to win a copy of KINGDOM OF ASH AND BRIARS, REALM OF RUINS, and PALACE OF SILVER
- Head over to Wishful Endings for a chance to win Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett plus other bookish items and swag!
- Head over to La libreria di Beppe for a chance to win the 3 Ultra Squad books + a $25 Justice gift card & an Ultra Squad hat
- Head over to Angel’s Guilty Pleasures for a chance to win a $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Head over to Under the Covers Book Blog for a chance to win 2 Apollycon goodie bags with books and swag
- Head over to Books of My Heart for a chance to win a Paperback copy of River Marked by Patricia Briggs
- Epic Reads is giving away a collector’s edition of ON THE COME UP
- Read It Forward does a weekly giveaway. This week you can enter to win All Adults Here by Emma Straub!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I’m glad you’re reading ‘The conjuring’ I haven’t been reading a lot of YA but I loved the mystery in that series and the repeat impact of color patterns. and ozark, loved that, I’ve been loving atmospheric works and ozark hits this out doorsy vibe real well. shoot any atmospheric books you know, my way.
I’ve actually owned the trilogy for a while but (whispers) haven’t read it yet. :-0
I LOVED Monsters of Verity, though!!
My daughter has been talking with her sons teacher and is irritated because she said she plans on giving all the students home work each week over Summer vacation. My daughter is not happy and may just contact the principal about it. If they were in school there would be no homework over Summer vacation so this is just weird.
That is weird!!!
My sister is an AP teacher, and I was surprised to hear they were doing the exams. She said it would be abbreviated, and doesn’t think all her kids will pass. Good luck to your daughter! That is a great win! Congratulations. I hope the book is amazing. And, yeah for mom coming over!
Danielle’s teacher feels like most of his students should still pass, but we shall see. It definitely seems like it will be harder since there’s no multiple choice to fall back on.
Hope your daughter’s test goes well! I was never smart enough for AP classes! I saw some of the books my friends had from those classes and shuddered! Lol. I admire anyone who has that knack for the classes though. I’ve always been too much of a daydreamer to ever keep myself 101% focused on things, plus I still have a terrible memory! LOL. I did all right though in my classes back in the day.
I feel like I’ve been doing well with reading books these past few weeks too! I took vacation days the previous weekend to make it a long weekend and from that I read 4ish books (finished 1, read 2 completely, and then started 1 before going back to work!) and then this week I managed to read 3 books and I’m mostly done with my current read! Though…I can’t say much else has been done either! Lol. So there’s that too! I tried working on my bookstagram day and eased myself into it by taking a few pictures, not a lot, but some. 🙂
I’m starting to get curious about Schwab’s new book only because I keep hearing people talk about it! Lol. I might have to look that one up to see if it’s my kind of read! I just finished one of her books this week too!
Hope you enjoy your new additions and have a safe and happy week ahead!
Here’s my StS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
I took AP classes, but I don’t think it was until my senior year. These days, they have freshman taking them!!
I’m so happy that you got the VE Schwab book! I was one of the people who badly wanted it. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great week!
I was really surprised to get it—I know SO many people were dying for that one!
I’m so glad you got to spend time with your Mom in the nice weather. You should feel great after doing some organizing. And you read 4 books! A very productive week
Take care, be kind and sensible!
Anne – Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post
It was definitely nice to see my mom again!
I’ve thought about trying Ozark. And wow the end of the school year is really coming up isn’t it? We’ve got AP tests coming up too…
Hope your week is a good one Nicole!
It’s hard to believe that the school year’s almost over!
Oh man, I didn’t realize that your mom wasn’t with you right now! That must have been hard to be away from her, as I know how seamlessly she fits into your house normally. I love a good organizing session! I bet your shelves look nicer now, indeed.
It’s been really strange around here without her!!!
I’m glad you were able to see your mom! I am hoping to go visit my grandmother next week for Mother’s Day. (From a distance of course). But I haven’t seen her in two months and I know it’s been very hard on her. I guess your kids are excited that school is ending soon! I think it’s for the best. I know not many kids have been able to fully pay attention with all of these crazy distractions nowadays.
Mother’s Day is definitely going to be different this year. Usually we celebrate my daughter’s birthday on Mother’s Day and we see our in-laws for the first time that year (they’re snowbirds and are in Arizona half the year), along with getting together with my husband’s sisters and their families. This year, it will just be us.
I didn’t even think about things like AP testing with at home schooling. But at least there’s not too many school days left. That’s awesome you’re getting some organizing done! And sounds like you read some great books 🙂
Yeah, the AP tests are definitely looking different this year. We’ll see how it goes.
That’s awesome you were able to see your mom. I know you two are close. Yay for getting some reading done, and lots of organizing in the house. I read The Guest List by Lucey Foley pretty quick last week, which was nice!
Quick reads are nice right now—I have a limited attention span, it seems.
I’m so glad you got to see your mom. That’s definitely the toughest part of everything, the people who you usually see all the time you aren’t getting to come around. And yay for getting organised, I’ve been trying to do some of that but as not all of my furniture has been moved into my house yet it’s kind of difficult to properly find a place for things.
Yeah, it’s definitely hard to organize while in the middle of doing other projects. And now we have a bunch of stuff we want to donate, but of course we can’t donate right now, so it’s just all in a mess in the basement. 🙂
Online school has been challenging in our house. My son (science/Computer science) is finding online workable but my daughter, whose classes relied a lot on in-person stuff, absolutely hated it. I’m really afraid that her college will decide to also go online for the fall.
I can’t imagine having to do an AP exam after such a disrupted semester, but I guess your daughter can just give it a try with no pressure and see how it goes.
Thanks so much for including my puzzle post – your Sunday posts are just jam-packed with cool information!
They’ve adapted the AP exams somewhat so they’re not covering as much material. But the test is going to be shorter but a bit harder because they’re getting rid of the multiple choice aspect. We shall see how she does—it’s a shame, but there’s not much that can be done about it.
I would imagine that some courses are easier to take online than others. My oldest has been fine with her college classes, but they’re math and computer science mostly. She’s going to a regular university from our community college next year and we’re really nervous things won’t be normal by the fall. The school is in Chicago, and I think that will be one of the last places in the state to have restrictions lifted.
I’m so jealous you won Schwab’s newest book! I was one of those people that entered desperately wanting a copy. 😉 I hope you love it, and I cannot wait to read your review! My son won’t be finished with school until the end of June. I think I’m slowly losing my mind. We’ve also done a lot of organizing during quarantine! I’m so happy with how everything looks now. <3
Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?? ?
Oh, wow – the end of June is late! When does school start back up?
I’m not sure! We moved to Virginia in February, and then all this happened a month later.
Ah, well, I guess you’ll find out. Good luck surviving school at home till the end of June. 🙂
Okay first and foremost, I am SO glad that you got to see your mom! I would have lost my mind without mine, so I am really happy that you were finally able to see her. (And she you, I am sure!) I cannot believe that your kids only have 8 days of school left, that is bananas! Mine probably don’t have a ton more, probably, but the dreadful lack of communication means I’ll probably only be aware the day before ? Like they’re not doing much of anything useful but at least it gives them something to do, a routine, etc. Idk what we’ll do all summer. And congrats on Addie LaRue, talk about an epic win!
It was very nice to finally see her. I know she’s been going a little bonkers at home with just my dad. 🙂
I am glad Camp Nano helped you make headway with your writing! I utterly failed mine and then the moment Camp Nano ended my writing has taken a big turn for the better. It sounds like the organising is a lot of work but that it is going well.
Ha! Sometimes it works that way too. If I’m being honest, the thing that has helped me the most with my writing was not NaNo, but my friend Megan who I have a call with weekly. She is a wonderful writing encourager! And she was the one who, when I was having trouble meeting wordcount goals with this book (verse doesn’t lend itself well to wordcount goals), encouraged me to just set myself an amount of time I will write each day. That has worked much better for me!
Ah I’m really happy you got to see your mom after so long, that’s so good! 🙂 I am also so happy you got to make great progress with your writing this month, I hope this continues! 🙂
It was really nice to be able to see my mom again finally!
Happy Birthday to me – thank you Nicole 🙂
Congrats on your VE Schwab book post.
It sounds weird to hear your schools are breaking up for the summer already. In the UK it’s not until late July. Do the kids get longer than six weeks off or does the new term start before September?
I’m really glad that you had a wonderful birthday!! Our schools go back in August, so that must be why we break a little earlier.