My Goings-On in April:
Here are the things that stand out to me this month:
- College decision and the end of high school. Since this is Danielle’s senior year, April (actually, the last couple of months) have been all about her.
- We went on college visits and she ended up choosing to go to Purdue, where she’ll major in Landscape Architecture.
- She’s at the end of her final season of track (she runs hurdles).
- We’ve been studying for her AP tests (well, technically, she’s studying, but I’m quizzing her a lot and learning a whole lot of it right along with her – I know a lot more about the government now than I used to!).
- She had prom (you can see a pic of her in her dress in my Sunday Post).
- I re-purpleized my hair! (Check out the pic in my sidebar.)
- Trip to Atlanta. This was technically one of those college visits I talked about (we visited UGA), but we turned it into a long-weekend trip to Atlanta. We went on a food tour (yum!) and went to the Botanic Gardens, along with visiting UGA’s campus in Athens.
Features & Discussions:
APRIL 2022 DISCUSSION CHALLENGE LINK-UP & GIVEAWAY
MY NEW 2022 WRITING METHOD – Okay, or not. This was just an April Fool’s joke!
MARCH 2022 MONTHLY WRAP-UP & BEST OF THE BUNCH
APRIL 2022 MONTHLY WRAP-UP ROUND-UP LINK-UP AND GIVEAWAY
My 2022 Reading Progress:
I read 17 books in April, bringing my total for the year to 52. This puts me 19 books ahead of schedule so far for the year.
I’ve also read 15 picture books and 4 manuscripts for fellow authors! (I don’t include either in my main Goodreads count.)
April 2022 Reviews
- Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality by Roshani Chokshi | Review (You can still enter the giveaway to win a copy – it ends today!)
- Shinji Takahashi and the Mark of the Coatl by Julie Kagawa | Review (Again, last chance for the giveaway!)
- The Ogress and the Orphans by Kelly Barnhill | Review
- The Button Box by Bridget Hodder & Fawzia Gilani-Williams, illustrated by Harshad Marathe | Review
- Home Is Not a Country by Safia Elhillo| Review
- El Cucuy Is Scared, Too! by Donna Barba Higuera, illustrated by Juliana Perdomo| Review
- The Mirrorwood by Deva Fagan| Review (One week left to enter a giveaway for this book and the next one!)
- Nightingale by Deva Fagan| Review
April Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
My favorite for April was definitely THE MIRRORWOOD by Deva Fagan. I absolutely loved this book! (And you can win it – make sure you click the link to enter the giveaway for this book and Nightingale, which was also a fantastic read!)
2022 Goals Progress:
The Discussion Challenge is my one and only goal for 2022. (And I lowered it this year.)
Progress: 3/11-20 Discussions (Creative Conversationalist)
Don’t forget to link your April wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway!