The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Once again, I’m short on time this week, so this is going to be an abbreviated post.
- Working – Things are still going great with my job at Barnes & Noble. Can I just tell you how much I love being able to point people to my favorite books? I get to help decide which books get turned out and which ones get put onto tables. And then I also get to write Shelftalkers for my favorites. It’s a fantastic feeling every time I see someone buy a book I’ve recommended!!
- Marathon Training – I ran 20 miles this past week, which is the longest training run I’ll do before the marathon. 20 miles! Insanity!
- Writing – I’ve been working on a lot of writing stuff, including adapting the first MG book I wrote into verse. And researching some marketing stuff, just in case … (Yes, this not being able to talk about things that are going on is killing me.)
- I also just so happened to take a picture of this nice gap on my Barnes & Noble middle grade shelf where a book would go if an author just happened to have the last name Hewitt. You know, just in case …
What I Read This Week:
- I read Where the Watermelons Grow by Cindy Baldwin.
- I finished listening to Valentina Salazar Is Not a Monster Hunter by Zoraida Córdova and then listened to The Honeys by Ryan La Sala.
What I Watched:
- I’ve mostly been watching NEW GIRL this week. It’s a fun show that I don’t have to think about much.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 9/18 – Tanya @ Girl Plus Books‘ Birthday
- 9/24 – Merrily Kristin‘s Blogoversary
I’ll update this section next week.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- I didn’t make note of any this week. Sorry!
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s a list of the pre-order campaigns I added to the list this week:
I didn’t have time to check for new Pre-orders this week. Check back next week! (And check out the page for lots of pre-order campaigns going on.)
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
@kaaauthor is giving away one signed, personalized pre-order copy of ODDER each week until the book comes out on 9/20.
@bookfever11 is giving away any book from the Book Depository or Amazon up to €20, open worldwide. (ends 10/1)
@HolidayHouseBks is giving away a signed copy of MOONLIGHT by @Savageartist and an adorable doorhanger! (ends 9/24)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the September Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the August Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. You can also enter to win SERWA BOATENG’S GUIDE TO VAMPIRE HUNTING and DRESSING UP THE STARS.
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from her ARC pile!
- Head over to Literary Ramblings for a chance to win Don’t Let Out the Cold and Tara Gonzalez Query Critique, a Sarah Fisk Query Critique and the Falling Into Leaves Giveaway Hop
- Cassandra @ The Huge Anime Fan is celebrating her ten-year blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win Beauty Woke, Shad Hadid and the Alchemists of Alexandria, and A River’s Gifts: The Mightly Elwha River Reborn
- Head over to Kait Plus Books for a chance to win DELPHINE AND THE DARK THREAD, and MORE!
- Head over to YA & Kids’ Books Central for a chance to win THE FINAL GAMBIT, THE ENDLESS SKIES, THE HONEYS, SHOT CLOCK, and lots more!
- Head over to Bookhounds YA for a chance to win WRASSLE CASTLE, THE MAN OR THE MONSTER, an Exclusive Pippa Park Scavenger Hunt Box, and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review for a chance to win Theo and Sprout, Mrs. R. Snugglesworth, Attorney-at-Law, and MORE!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Summer 2022 Seasons of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A SUBSCRIPTION TO BOOK OF THE MONTH!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Look at all that power you have to hype books. LOL! It would be fun to talk about books all day.
Glad to hear you’re having a great time at the new job! It honestly sounds amazing! Being around books all day and recommending your favorites to people? Uh, yeah. Lol.
Can I just say how insanely jealous I am you get to work at a book store?! Like that’s every bookworm’s dream. So glad you’re enjoying it!
You seem to be so full of energy and life with new work, running, and possibilities. It’s great to see.
You’re kind of making me miss working at B&N. Only a little though. Ah, I need to hear your news! The suspense is killing me! I can’t wait to find out what you thought of The Honeys. Have a great week!
Glad to hear you’re having a great time at the new job!
Glad the new job is going well! I can think of worse places to spend time than B&N. And ooh hopefully you’ll be able to slot that space at the bookstore soon. 🙂
Glad your new job is going so well! I’m jealous you’re working at B&N. I’d love to get a part-time job there, but there aren’t any openings and I don’t have any retail experience.
Congrats on running 20 miles! That’s so amazing. Good luck with the marathon!
My Sunday Post
Your B&N job sounds like a lot of fun, I’m so glad you’re enjoying it. And running 20 miles!!! Wow, well done!
Glad the job is going well! I always thought it would be fun to work in the bookstore! Any bookstore! Lol.
Hope you got some nice reads this week! Or enjoy the break for the TBR pile!
Here’s my StS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
Oh to be surrounded by the books I love and get paid for it! Hope you enjoyed reading Where the Watermelons Grow!
Don’t forget to send me a copy of Where the Watermelons Grow!
I would love to work at a bookstore. If your news is what I think it is, you should think about joining a debut MG and YA author group the year your bookk releases.
Wow! 20 miles!! That’s awesome! Congrats on making it this far in your training. That in and of itself is incredible.
Thank you for mentioning me!
I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying your time at Barnes & Noble; pointing to people to favorite books is always a great feeling, and I’m glad you’re living your best life and having a good time working there. You’ll be under great company on the middle-grade shelf!