Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Well, now that NaNo is over, I SHOULD have plenty of free time to gallivant or something (’cause, you know, I love me some gallivanting), but it hasn’t felt that way. First of all, I still have a chapter or so (or a chapter and an epilogue maybe) of my book to write, so I’ve been trying to keep writing every day, at least a little bit. And then there’s all of the things I’ve been putting off because I spent November holed up, writing. 🙂 Still, things are getting back to normal now, and if I didn’t manage to visit your blog in November, I’ll be coming soon!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- I’m a WINNER!!! – Of NaNoWriMo, that is.
- December Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – It’s that time! Link up your December discussions here and enter the giveaway!
- November Recap & Best of the Bunch
- Let’s Discuss the Book Blog Discussion Challenge! – We want to know what you think of the challenge, whether you’ve participated or not. Please jump on over to this post and let us know your thoughts!
Next week on FYFA:
- Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin – Review (Yeah, I know, I said I’d post this last week. Sigh.)
- Aftermath by Clara Kensie – Review
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Hope you’ll go wish these people well on their special days!! Check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
This week’s events:
- December 5th – Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist‘s Blogoversary
- December 5th – The Bookish Thought‘s Blogoversary
- December 7th – Lola’s Reviews‘ Blogoversary
- December 10th – Freda @ Freda’s Voice‘s Birthday
I won AFTERMATH and HELLO? from Liza Weimer’s I Hope You Forgive Me event and she was super sweet and threw in Amy Fellner Dominy’s latest book for me too. I’ve already read Aftermath and really loved it! Watch my review of that one coming soon.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some posts I especially loved this week:
- Alice @ Arctic Books talks about Why and how she tabs books
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- This isn’t technically on my blog, but make sure you head over to the October Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway, which is being hosted over at Lisa Loves Literature!
- Bloodmoon by Aurora Whittet – Still time to enter to be one of five winners to get the Bloodmark Prize Package that contains 1 signed hardcover copy of Bloodmark, Bloodmark Saga Temporary Tattoos (set of 3) and a Bloodmark Saga bookmark
- November Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your November discussions and enter to win!
- Pre-order HISTORY IS ALL YOU LEFT ME by Adam Silvera for a chance to win a trip to NYC!
- Pre-order CARAVEL by Stephanie Garber and get a special free gift from the author and a signed, personalized copy.
- Pre-Order WINDWITCH by Susan Dennard to be eligible to receive a free pair of Windwitch-themed socks, patch and a signed bookplate!
- Pre-order CRYSTAL STORM by Morgan Rhodes and get a set of Falling Kingdoms buttons!
- Pre-order WAYFARER by Alexandra Bracken and receive a personalized holiday card from Bracken, as well as an 8×10 print.
- Preorder THE EDGE OF EVERYTHING by Jeff Giles to receive a keepsake metal bookmark!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Head over to WhoRuBlog for a chance to win a $175 B&N Gift Card!
- Lots of blogs participating in the This or That Giveaway Hop!
- Lost in Literature is doing 7 Days of Giveaways!
- Head over to Girl Plus Books for a chance to win a Signed Set of the Wait For You Saga by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Author Azalea Dabill is hosting a 21 Adventures Christmas Book Bundle Giveaway!
- Cynthia over at Book Binges is celebrating her blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm is returning to blogging and celebrating with a giveaway of up to £40 of books from Book Depository (INT)
- There are tons of prizes in this YA Reader Giveaway Blitz!
- It’s Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight’s Birthday and she’s celebrating with a big giveaway!!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!