Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
It’s been crazy around here! After last week’s gymnastics thing, both my daughter and I got sick. Nothing horrible – just enough to make me drag through my days. Ugh! But, on the good side of things, we’re having our basement finished and it’s nearly done! We’re working on the last finishing touches now – painting, ordering carpet, etc. Actually, I’ve worked on it some, but my husband and kids have done most of it, since I’ve had an editing project I’ve been working on – and I just had to attend a Richelle Mead signing in Naperville (watch for a recap of that later this week). Have I mentioned that I’ve got the best husband and kids ever? I cannot wait for the basement to be finished so that my sons’ video games and my daughter’s crafts can migrate down there – I’ll actually have a dining room table again!! (Not that I’ll use it. LOL! But it won’t be an eyesore, always covered with random craft projects.)
I’ve also been trying to figure out if I can make it to RT in Dallas in May. I’m thinking of doing that instead of BEA this year, and I’m really hoping to make it work, but it’s a little late for signing up and all of the rooms at the hotel are booked. I guess there’s an overflow, but I haven’t figured out how that all works yet. Anyone been to RT – or going this year? (Carmel from Rabid Reads is the one who told me about it, and she says it’s amazing!)
Here’s what you may have missed this past week:
- Why I’m Not Reviewing Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout – This one’s more of a discussion than a review (or a non-review)
- Top Ten Books from My Childhood I Want to Revisit
- YA Spring Fling Giveaway – A huge giveaway of over 100 books!
- Max by C.J. Duggan (review)
Next week on FYFA:
- Resounding Truth by Kate Thomas (feature & giveaway)
- Walled by Anne Tibbets (review)
- Released by S.J. Pajonas (review)
- Let’s Discuss – The Book You Thought You Were Going to Love
I went to the Richelle Mead signing at Anderson’s Bookshop with my mom (oh, yeah, I also have the best mom ever – I’m sorry I’ve taken all the good family members, guys – it’s really kind of rude of me to hog them). I still haven’t read the final two books in the Bloodlines series and my mom hasn’t read any of it (she did read the Vampire Academy series, though), so we just bought the whole series. And she hasn’t read the Unwind series (and I haven’t read the final book yet), so we bought those too, while we were at it!
Thanks to Penguin for sending me this one! I loved the movie and I’m excited to read the books! Of course, I’ll have to pry it away from my son first. He saw this and said, “Both books in ONE? Now I’m for sure going to read them!!” Note to self – the key to a 12-year-old’s bookish heart is not making him wait for more books. He acted like two books in one was some sort of gold mine. Not sure how I’m just now figuring this out!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Don’t miss out on the fun discussions happening on the 2015 Book Blog Discussion Challenge! Make sure you check them all out!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Numbers Game by Rebecca Rode – Still time to win a $50 gift card
- Before He Was a Secret by Becky Wicks – Still time to enter to win the book and a character named after you!
- March 2015 Discussion Challenge Link-up & Giveaway – Still time to join the challenge and enter to win a book of your choice!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!