Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
I know I’ve been completely MIA these past few days, but I’m happy to report that not only did I survive my daughter’s big gymnastics meet this year, it actually went really smoothly. With the exception of one or two small hiccups that resolved themselves in the end, I got through this one with nary a scratch. If you’ve been around my blog for the past year, you know that last year’s caused me major trauma. I think I took a week to recover. This one was still a bit stressful (feeding 250 random people with a somewhat unknown schedule and a ton of expectations pretty much has to be) and LOTS of hours (14 hour days), but I wasn’t reduced to tears once. For me, this is a victory! 🙂
Anyway, I’m still catching up (obviously, since this Sunday post is happening on Monday), but I’ll get there!
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- February Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway! – Link up your February discussions here and enter the giveaway!
- January Recap – Find out how things went on my blog in January
- Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan – Review
- 2016 Challenge Update – Find out how I’m doing
Next week on FYFA:
- A blogoversary/birthday giveaway!! – This is going up today – very soon!!
- Call Me, Maybe by Ellie Cahill – Review & Giveaway
- January wrap-up round-up giveaway – This one’s going up here this month instead of on another blog. Sorry it’s going up late!
- To the Stars by Molly McAdams – Review & Giveaway
- Stardust Destiny by Nazarea Andrews – Review & Giveaway
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Two birthdays coming up next week. I hope you’ll stop on by these blogs and send the bloggers some cheer in honor of their special days!! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
- Feb 9th – Kim @ kimberleyfaye read‘s Birthday!
- Feb 11th – My Birthday!
I’m reading Written in Red now, and it’s just as good as you’ve all told me it would be – so different than anything else I’ve ever read! Split was so highly recommended by Chelsea over at Star-Crossed Book Blog that I was convinced to immediately one-click it (that doesn’t happen very often). I decided it was an early birthday present to myself!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Well, it’s no surprise that I’m running about a week behind on the discussions in our discussion challenge (but I do read and comment on every single one, so if I haven’t gotten to you yet, I will!). Here are some of my favorites that I read this past week:
- SJ over at A Tree Grows in Bookland talks about Bloggers Afraid of Writing Negative Reviews.
- Mishma and Jillian over at Chasing Faerytales talk about the pros and cons of co blogging at an already established blog.
- Angel over at Angel Reads pleads with us in her post, Don’t Rate A Book Before You Read It Please.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- The Prophecy of Shadows by Michelle Madow – Still time to enter to win a Kindle Fire!
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye – Still time to enter to win an autographed ARC of The Crown’s Game
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Author Hannah Fielding is giving away a £100/$150 Amazon Gift Card!
- Head over to The Irish Banana for a chance to win A Harper Teen Summer 2016 Catalog prizepack of 45+ books and A Finished Copy PreOrder of Any Book Featured On the Tour!
- Head over to Lost in Lit for a chance to win a signed hardcover of ARROWS by Melissa Gorzelanczyk
- Head over to Mostly YA Lit to enter to win A copy of STARS ABOVE by Marissa Meyer
- Head over to Owl Always Be Reading for a chance to win a Hardback copy of The Love That Split The World
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight is featuring The Forbidden wish on her blog. 5 winners will receive a hardcover of THE FORBIDDEN WISH and 2 additional Penguin Young Readers books of their choice.
- Kissin’ Blue Karen has a giveaway for a hardcover of REBEL OF THE SANDS by Alwyn Hamilton.
- Jessica over at A GREAT Read is celebrating her 7th blogoversary with a giveaway – enter to win $20 worth of books!
- Tonya at Lilybloombooks is celebrating her 3rd blogoversary and she’s giving away a Kindle Fire (US) and Two Books from TBD (INT)
- Help your favorite Indie bookstore gain the chance to win $3000 and you get a chance to win a $50 gift card in the process!
- Stuck in Books is celebrating their fifth blogoversary with LOTS of giveaways! Some of them have ended, but there’s still quite a few going on, so just check their sidebar – the current ones are all listed there!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Oh my goodness, I can’t imagine feeding that many people-you’d find me in a closet curled up into the fetal position lol. The things we do for our kiddos 🙂
Glad the gymnastic meet went well!! Yay for no tears!! Have a great week and try to relax now that it is over!
Glad to hear you made it through the gymnastics event! Have a great week.
That’s great the gymnastics meet went well this year! Yay for it being over though. 🙂 Thanks for sharing the various links and giveaways – I always appreciate it.
Ahh! I am SO glad MY review is the reason you decided to try Split. You may have bought it because of me, but the moment you open it up the words will immediately ensnare you and refuse to let you go. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did-I’ll be watching for your thoughts 🙂
Yay! I am glad that this years gymnastic’s went well. I do remember you struggling with it in the past! You are becoming a pro at it… *wink*
Enjoy your new reads. I’ve read good reviews about Written in Red.
I am so glad your daughter’s gymnastic meet went well! That sounds exhausting so I am sure you are still recovering. I just got the ARC for Once upon a Dream too. I wasn’t too thrilled with A whole new world, but I am hoping this one is better.
YAY for no tears and YAY for surviving the weekend! I can’t even fathom feeding 250 people, ack! You more than deserve a whole day of reading a wonderful book or two in peace after last weekend! And Happy Early Birthday! 🙂