Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
I’ve been sick since Wednesday, which is very unusual for me. Usually when I catch something, I get over it quick! So, I’ve been sort of wallowing in my misery. But at least I’ve gotten a lot of books read! (And, thank goodness my mom is around in the evenings, since my husband is out of town. She’s been carting the kids around for me, which I really appreciate!)
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- New York Nights by C.J. Duggan – Review
- Bite-Sized Reviews of RoseBlood, Frost and The Glittering Court
- February Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your February discussions and enter to win!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber: Audiobook Review
- January Recap – Find out what you might have missed in January on the blog and what my favorite January read was. Plus, see an update on my challenges!
Next week on FYFA:
I was going to do some planning for my birthday/blogoversary giveaway, but being sick has thrown me off. Hopefully I’ll get something up next week, but I had a thought in my head about something good and haven’t had a chance to work on it, so … I haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet.
- By Your Side and The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West – Review (I know I said I’d do this last week, but … my bed was calling to me more than the blog)
- A birthday/blogoversary celebration?? (read my note just above)
- A guest post from Hannah at Inkitt, a publishing company that works in a unique way!
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Head on over and wish these bloggers well on their special days! Check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
This week’s events:
- February 5th – A Bottomless Book Bag‘s Blogoversary
- February 9th – Alyssa @ Book Huntress’ World‘s Birthday
- February 9th – Kim @ kimberlyfaye reads‘ Birthday
- February 11th – Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction’s Blogoversary!!! (Yep, that’s me!) EDIT: OKAY, APPARENTLY I CAN’T KEEP MY OWN EVENTS STRAIGHT. THE 11th IS MY BIRTHDAY, NOT MY BLOGOVERSARY (in case you’re wondering why I listed my blogoversary two weeks in a row). It’s not like I’m expected to keep my own birthday/blogoversary straight, right? 🙂
Thanks so much to Fabled Films Press for The Fallen Star, the third book in the MG Nocturnals Series. These books are so cute!
Jonah is the final book in the Styclar Saga, and I’m excited to read it! The Burning World is a long-awaited sequel to Warm Bodies. La La Land is the sequel to an indie book I read last year and really enjoyed. And I saw Shadow Run on Shannon’s blog awhile back and decided I needed it in my life. Thanks so much to the authors/publishers for these new reads!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are a couple of posts I loved this week:
- Did you know that Epic reads posts Series Recaps for some series? I didn’t! Here is their latest: a recap of All The Important Things That Happened In Glass Sword, just in time for the release of King’s Cage!
- Zeee @ I Heart Romance & YA talks about her Love/Hate Relationship with Author Interactions on Social Media
- Pre-Order THE WISH GRANTER by C.J. Redwine and receive a limited edition signed piece of character art. (ends 2/13)
- Pre-order TRICKED by Jen Calonita and receive a Fairy Tale Reform School digital exclusive featuring Rapunzel! (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order THE BONE WITCH by Rin Chupeco and receive a signed bookmark and The Bone Witch sticker. You will also be entered to win a GRAND PRIZE Bone Witch themed crate. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order THE PLAYBOOK by Kwame Alexander and you’ll be entered to win custom Converse signed by the author! (ends 2/9)
- Pre-order THE SHIP BEYOND TIME by Heidi Heilig from an indie bookstore and get a gorgeous cloisonne pin of the black ship Temptation while supplies last! (ends 2/28)
- Pre-order RIVETED by Jay Crownover and get a first look at the first two chapters of Avenged and a poster with all the Saints on it (ends 2/14)
- Pre-order THE SONG RISING by Samantha Shannon and receive exclusive badges and temporary tattoos to #JoinTheRevolution. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order A CONJURING OF LIGHT by V.E. Schwab for a chance to receive a book hugger signed by V. E. Schwab. (ends 2/28)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- Long Way Home by Katie McGarry – Last chance to enter to win a $100 Amazon Gift
- Accidentally on Purpose by Jill Shalvis – Last chance to enter to win one of three sets of SWEET LITTLE LIES and THE TROUBLE WITH MISTLETOE and a wine tumbler.
- January Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your January discussions and enter to win!
- Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway!! – Anyone can enter, so head over to win a book from my giveaway/trade list!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight for a chance to win an ARC of The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye
- And another ARC of The Crown’s Fate is being given away over on Evelyn Skye’s site, along with Pasha’s imperial wax seal stamp + gold sealing wax.
- Jessica @ a GREAT read is celebrating eight years of blogging with a big giveaway!
- Head over to Angelic Book Reviews for a chance to be one of five winners who will receive the complete boxed set of THE 100 Series, US Only.
- Enter the Resolution Reads Sweepstakes for a chance to WIN a book a month throughout 2017!
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a $50 gift card and more in honor of the new year!
- Head over to WhoRU Blog to enter to win one of three Finished Copies of THE YOU I’VE NEVER KNOWN (US Only)
- It’s Ohana Reads’ third Blogoversary and Stephanie is celebrating with a giveaway of one of her favorite books of 2016!
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!