The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, whether you celebrate Christmas or any other holiday this time of year. I celebrated Christmas Eve (and the day before) doing worship at church–my daughter and I sing and my husband plays drums. It was nice to all serve together. You can check out the video of our Christmas service if you’re curious to hear us sing (I lead a song at about 12:45 and Danielle leads one right after at 17:15–and, like I said, that’s my husband on drums). Then, Christmas day we spent at my sister-in-law’s house. We’re actually doing our “regular” Christmas today because we wanted to have the full day to actually sit back and enjoy it.
- Writing. I kept up with writing this week, but of course Christmas preparations slowed things down quite a bit.
- What I Read:
- I actually didn’t read anything this week because I focused on writing.
- I finished still listening to Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong and started listening to The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by Victoria Schwab.
- What I Watched:
- I watched the entire series of Maid on Netflix. It’s a really powerful portrayal of poverty in America and how hard it is to get out of it.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
- 2022 Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Up – Come join us for the challenge in 2022!!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 12/29 – Erica Robyn Reads‘ Blogoversary
- January – Dragons and Whimsy‘s Blogoversary
- January – Tarissa @ In The Bookcase‘s Birthday
- January – The Emerald City Book Review‘s Blogoversary
- 1/1 – Based on a True Story‘s Blogoversary
- 1/1 – The Reading Armchair‘s Blogoversary
Simon and Schuster sent me a few books to feature during Black History Month in February. Can’t wait to read Parker Shines On (by Parker Curry & Jessica Curry, illustrated by Brittany Jackson) and Moving Forward! (by Chris Barton, illustrated by Steffi Walthall). Plus, Ain’t Burned All the Bright (by Jason Reynolds with art by Jason Griffin) and Daughters of Jubilation (by Kara Lee Corthron)!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- I didn’t read any discussions this week, unfortunately.
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week:
Pre-order BOOK OF NIGHT by Holly Black to receive a limited edition bag! (US/CAN) (Ends 5/2) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the December 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the November Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway.
- Head over to Book Briefs for a chance to win WIDER THAN THE SKY and more!
- Enter to win a Sci-Fi/Fantasy prize pack
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review’s Giveaway Page to win Avalina Jones and the Eye of the Storm and more!
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win The Unforgettable Logan Foster.
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Head over to Literary Ramblings to enter to win a Gemma Cooper Query Critique, a Stacey Kondla Query Critique, and the Dashing December Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to JeanBookNerd for a chance to win Violets Are Blue and more!
- Head over to Bookhounds YA for a chance to win THE FOWL TWINS: GET WHAT THEY DESERVE, and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Lots of blogs participating in the December 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A PERSONAL READING RETREAT!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!