The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Yikes! It’s Sunday night by the time I’m getting this up. I really do hope to get back on a normal schedule soon, but life is just hectic lately, and I usually work on the weekends, so if I don’t get the post written by Friday, it generally doesn’t happen.
- Apple picking. Both of my college-aged kids came home this weekend, and then we went apple picking and then out to dinner with extended family. I actually don’t think I’ve ever been apple picking before, but it was a fun outing!
What I Read This Week:
- I started reading Charlie Hernández and the League of Shadows by Ryan Calejo.
- I started listening to The Orpheus Plot by Christopher Swiedler.
What I Watched:
- I’ve mostly been watching NEW GIRL again this week. I’m on season 5.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 9/25 – Do You Dog-Ear?‘s Blogoversary
- 9/29 – Eva @ All Books Considered‘s Birthday
- 9/29 – Jen Ryland Reviews‘ Blogoversary
- 9/29 – Words And Peace‘s Blogoversary
- October – Cassandra @ The Huge Anime Fan‘s Birthday
- 10/1 – Sarah @ Sarah Withers Blogs‘ Birthday
- 10/1 – Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer‘s Birthday
Not Books (Cards!):
Instead of books, this week, I got some fun birthday cards from Lovepop … and then I took pics of them with books. 🙂 I’ll post some of the pics this week, and some more next week. If you’re looking for a really cool card to send to someone, I highly recommend these!
I actually already posted my review for Dear Wild Child, but I never posted that I received the book in my Sunday Post, so here it is! Click the link for my review! I also got The Girl in White by Lindsay Currie. I’ve been wanting to read this one for months!
I got my pre-order of Ravenfall by Kalyn Josephson!
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s a list of the pre-order campaigns I added to the list this week:
Pre-order BOUND FEET by Kelsea Yu to receive a signed and personalized bookplate. (INT) (Ends 10/31) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE COME UP by Jonathan Abrams to receive to receive The Liner Notes: a digital bonus with extra interviews from the cutting room floor. (US only) (Ends 10/17) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order DAD’S GIRLFRIEND AND OTHER ANXIETIES by Kellye Crocker OR request it from your local library to receive stickers, a bookmark and a “Greetings from Scary Colorado” postcard. (US only) (Ends 10/17) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the September Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the August Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. You can also enter to win SERWA BOATENG’S GUIDE TO VAMPIRE HUNTING.
- It’s late, so I’m not going to do any more updates to this list. Check back next week!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!