Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Today I’m attending the 5th Annual Novel Cuisine Luncheon, which has been organized by Heidi of YA Bibliophile and Liza Wiemer, author of Hello? (and of WhoRuBlog). I’m really excited to be going—just wish me luck since it’s supposed to snow four inches today! Ugh!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Top Ten New to Me Authors I Read in 2016
- Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin: Review (Plus Bonus Review of Iron to Iron)
- Looking for a List of 2017 Reading/Book Blogging Challenges? Look No Further! – This is a massive list, guys, and I’ll be adding to it as I find more challenges. If you’re hoping to participate some challenges this year, but you’re not sure which ones, definitely check this out!
Also, make sure you head over to the November Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway, which is being hosted over at Paved with Books!! (Note that you didn’t have to have posted a wrap-up post in order to enter the giveaway—everyone is welcome!)
Next week on FYFA:
- Bite-Sized Reviews of Hello?, Aftermath and Die for You
- A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig – Review
- 2017 Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Up
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Hope you’ll go wish these people well on their special days!! Check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
This week’s events:
- December 12th – The Bookkeeper’s Secrets‘ Blogoversary
- December 13th – Second Run Reviews‘ Blogoversary
- December 15th – Alexandra @ Milky Way of Books‘ Birthday
- December 16th – Jessica @ a GREAT read‘s Birthday
I read the first two books in this series, so I was eager to get these next two when Jill Archer contacted me:
I’ve had so many BEA books that I’ve avoided Edelweiss for awhile. But this week I decided to take a look and I grabbed a few upcoming releases.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some posts I especially loved this week:
- Toady @ B.B. Toady talks about What She Discovered By Culling Her GR Friends
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight gives us this fun Book Hoarder Survival Guide
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books asks How far would you go to read?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Bloodmoon by Aurora Whittet – Still time to enter to be one of five winners to get the Bloodmark Prize Package that contains 1 signed hardcover copy of Bloodmark, Bloodmark Saga Temporary Tattoos (set of 3) and a Bloodmark Saga bookmark
- December Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your December discussions and enter to win!
- Preorder LONG WAY HOME by Katie McGarry & receive 3 bonus stories for FREE!
- Pre-order HISTORY IS ALL YOU LEFT ME by Adam Silvera for a chance to win a trip to NYC!
- Pre-order CARAVEL by Stephanie Garber and get a special free gift from the author and a signed, personalized copy.
- Pre-Order WINDWITCH by Susan Dennard to be eligible to receive a free pair of Windwitch-themed socks, patch and a signed bookplate!
- Pre-order CRYSTAL STORM by Morgan Rhodes and get a set of Falling Kingdoms buttons!
- Pre-order WAYFARER by Alexandra Bracken and receive a personalized holiday card from Bracken, as well as an 8×10 print.
- Preorder THE EDGE OF EVERYTHING by Jeff Giles to receive a keepsake metal bookmark!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Enter to win 10 hardcovers (like Heartless, Gemina, and The Diabolic, just to name a few) via The YA Hardcovers Xmas Giveaway!
- Lisa Loves Literature is celebrating year-end with a big giveaway!
- Lots of blogs participating in the December to Remember Giveaway Hop!
- Enter to win one of two ARCs of COMING UP FOR AIR by Miranda Kenneally and a water bottle
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
- Head over to WhoRuBlog for a chance to win a $175 B&N Gift Card!
- Lots of blogs participating in the This or That Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Girl Plus Books for a chance to win a Signed Set of the Wait For You Saga by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Author Azalea Dabill is hosting a 21 Adventures Christmas Book Bundle Giveaway!
- Cynthia over at Book Binges is celebrating her blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm is returning to blogging and celebrating with a giveaway of up to £40 of books from Book Depository (INT)
- There are tons of prizes in this YA Reader Giveaway Blitz!
- It’s Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight’s Birthday and she’s celebrating with a big giveaway!!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!