Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
I don’t know how I let this happen, but I suddenly feel like I’m drowning in review books. I’m behind on reading them, even though I’ve been reading a ton of books. Plus, I have so many books that I have to post reviews for—I feel like I can only manage bite-sized reviews or I won’t possibly get them all done. This past week was especially hard because I was also posting wrap-ups and link-ups and … maybe I just try to do way too much. But I can’t seem to give any of it up, so I don’t see it changing anytime too soon. Hmmm …
I haven’t updated the Discussion Challenge sign-up with the March link yet because I keep getting an error every time I try. I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve never had this problem before. When I hit the Update button on my post, it gives me the message that says that if I leave the page my changes won’t be saved. I also get that message when I’m just on that page on my blog and I go to close it. (Obviously I’m not trying to make changes when I’m just visiting the page, so I don’t know what changes it thinks it’s not saving). Has anyone seen this issue before? Ugh! I hate it when technical issues make things take three times as long as they should. See, that’s why technology scares me.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- I Finished Two Series! Bite-Sized Reviews of Silver Shadows & The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead and MILA 2.0: Redemption by Debra Driza
- February Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Link up your February wrap-up posts here and watch for the giveaway this coming week!
- February Wrap-Up – Find out how my February went (hint: it wasn’t great), and see what you might have missed on the blog.
- March Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your March discussions here and enter the giveaway!
- The Burning World by Isaac Marion: Review
- Two (Free) Tools that Have Transformed My Replying and Commenting Back – Thought I’d let you guys know about two new tools I’ve been using that have been helping me out!
Next week on FYFA:
Some of these may end up in a bite-sized review post
- Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop: Review (I was going to try to get this one up last week, but it didn’t work out that way!)
- The Education of Margot Sanchez by Lilliam Rivera: Review
- Books 2, 2.5 & 3 of the Daydreamer Detective Series by S.J. Pajonas: Review
- Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Lots of birthdays and blogoversaries again this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- March 6th – Sophie @ Sophie Reads YA‘s Birthday
- March 10th – Confessions of a Book Geek‘s Blogoversary
- March 10th – Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews‘ Birthday
Got two surprises in the mail this week. Thanks to Simon Pulse for Confessions of a High School Disaster and Disney-Hyperion for Mutant Mantis Lunch Ladies (my son loves the crazy cover, which is a hologram that changes).
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are a few posts I loved this week:
- Carrie @ Cat on a Bookshelf says I Don’t Like Following a Book Series As It Is Published
- Finding Wonderland is looking for Christian book bloggers who are interested in judging INSPYS 2017
- Nicole @ Nicole’s Novel Reads tells us why we should attend Misti-Con
- Kristen @ Metaphors & Moonlight gives tips on How to Request Review Copies from Authors
- Hooked to Books shares the touching essays from their scholarship finalists.
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight explains why Big Books Are Scary
- Pre-order A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN by Sarah J. Maas and receive an exclusive color poster of the official map! (ends 5/1)
- Pre-order GIRL OUT OF WATER by Laura Silverman and receive a signed postcard and playlist. You will also be entered to win one of two prize packs and one grand prize prize pack containing a $25 B&N gift card. (ends 5/1)
- Pre-order DONE DIRT CHEAP by Sarah Nicole Lemon and get a signed bookplate with a quote from the book. (ends 3/7)
- Pre-order THE CROWN’S FATE by Evelyn Skye, and you can get a limited edition bookmark and a set of 3 stickers–Team Vika, Team Nikolai, and Team Pasha! Plus, there’s an additional giveaway if you order from Kepler’s. (ends 5/15)
- Pre-order THE LOST STAFF OF WONDERS by Raymond Arroyo and receive a signed bookplate for your book and a limited edition bookmark. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order TRICKED by Jen Calonita and receive a Fairy Tale Reform School digital exclusive featuring Rapunzel! (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order THE BONE WITCH by Rin Chupeco and receive a signed bookmark and The Bone Witch sticker. You will also be entered to win a GRAND PRIZE Bone Witch themed crate. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order THE SONG RISING by Samantha Shannon and receive exclusive badges and temporary tattoos to #JoinTheRevolution. (ends 3/6)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- So You Say It’s Your Birthday? It’s My Birthday (and Blogoversary) Too! – Come enter the giveaway!
- February Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Last chance to link up your February discussions and enter to win!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- It’s Rebel Mommy Book Blog’s blogoversary, and she’s having a giveaway to celebrate!
- The Crown’s Fate is coming and you can enter to win an ARC and Nikolai’s Faberge-style egg on Evelyn’s Skye’s site.
- Lauren @ Shooting Stars Mag is giving away 2 Subscriptions to Oprah Magazine
- It’s Book Briefs’ 6th blogoversary and Michelle is celebrating with a huge giveaway!
- Book Clubbish is giving away 10 sets of Advanced Reading Copies of 100 HOURS and SPECTACLE and a copy of MENAGERIE.
- Head over to Happily Ever Chapter to enter to win 50 YA Books in the YALit Giveaway (INT). (Note that you’ll be subscribed to the sponsoring authors’ mailing lists, and there are a lot of them!)
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a $50 gift card and more in honor of the new year!
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!