My Goings On in May:
- My daughter turned 13. Another teenager in the house. Yikes!
- I volunteered at the Scholastic warehouse sale and earned LOTS of free books!
- The new swim season has started, so my two older kids (and I) are busy with practices and meets.
- Our house got robbed!
- My daughter won a writing competition for her cute short story!
- I finished the first draft of that new editing project that I’ve been working on.
- I finally started working out again, and watched 13 Reasons Why and The 100 while doing it. (I’ve also been watching Master of None with my mom and my husband, and I watched the first season of The Santa Clarita Diet with my mom.)
Most Popular Posts:
- (From here on out, just assume that A Spoiler-Filled Discussion of Three Dark Crowns is my top post unless I say otherwise.)
- The April Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway got lots of attention this month!
- Next was What You Need to Know Before You Open a NetGalley Account. Thanks for sharing this one—I hope it helps people!
- Then there was the May Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
Other Features & Discussions:
Do You Ever Add to Your Posts After You’ve Published Them? Let’s Discuss
Meet a #BroodyBFF! My Foray Into Street Teams. Let’s Discuss.
Giveaway of the Gorgeous Juniper Books Edition of The Hunger Games Trilogy – There are a few days left to win this one!
Why Rating Middle Grade (and Sometimes YA) Is So Darn Hard for Me! Let’s Discuss.
May 2017 Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Link up your May wrap-up
My 2017 Reading Progress:
Right now I’m 5 books ahead of my Goodreads goal. Hmmm … maybe I shouldn’t have changed it to 200. I started the month at 11 ahead!
May 2017 Reviews
- Kill All Happies by Rachel Cohn | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- It Started With Goodbye by Christina June | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The Best Kind of Magic by Crystal Cestari | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- The Truth About Happily Ever After by Karole Cozzo | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Ruined by Amy Tintera | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Avenged by Amy Tintera | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Star-Crossed by Barbara Dee | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Girl on the Verge by Pintip Dunn | Review | Rating: 3/5
- The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord
- The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
May Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
This month was kind of tough because I really loved The Names They Gave Us AND the first two books in the Ruined Series. I ended up going with Ruined, but it was really close.
2017 Reading Challenges Progress:
Status: 15/41 Discussions Posted
I posted four discussions this month.
What You Need to Know Before You Open a NetGalley Account
Do You Ever Add to Your Posts After You’ve Published Them?
Meet a #BroodyBFF! My Foray Into Street Teams
Why Rating Middle Grade (and Sometimes YA) Is So Darn Hard for Me!
Why Everything I’ve Ever Told You About Book Blogging Is Wrong (and Also Right)
Graphs Make Me Happy!
Two (Free) Tools that Have Transformed My Replying and Commenting Back
Is There Such a Thing as a “Quick Post”?
My Haphazard Reading Habits.
Watching Bloggers Come and Go.
A Book Blogger’s Guide to Acronyms, Terms and Slang
Am I the Only One Without an OTP?
Why Does Technology Scare Me So?
Special Niche Genres
Seeing the Book Blogging World Through Rose-Colored Glasses
Status: 28/50 Books Read
I reviewed five fantasies this month (again, a few are more paranormal or sci-fi dystopian, but I’m counting them since it looks like the people who run the challenge count these types of books).
As of yet, I haven’t read any of Alexa and Rachel’s favorites that I’ve planned to read: Throne of Glass, The Girl of Fire and Thorns, Six of Crows, The Winner’s Curse, Graceling. I’m keeping their pictures here, so I don’t forget about them!
Status: 12/21-30 Books
Four books from off my shelf this month (though technically I listened to Walk on Earth a Stranger instead of reading the copy I own. Oh well):
Status: 6/5-10 Series
I finished one series this month!
Here are some of the other series I’m hoping to finish this year (as a reminder to myself):
Status: 46/61-100 books read
Here are the ones I read this month:
Status: 8/15-20 Books Listened To
I listened to three books this month.
Status: 47/76 Possible Gameboard Spaces
If you’re interested in which books I read for each category or in seeing a bigger version of the updated gameboard, then go to my 2017 Bookopoly Progress page. The image above has been updated to reflect my newest reads. (I used 5 of the books I read for the challenge this month.)
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Broc’s Bookcase
Don’t forget to link your May wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up! And check out the giveaway, which will be posted here on Feed Your Fiction Addiction on the 8th!